advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Deca/NPP’s effect on water retention estrogen dependent ?

Parabolic33

Registered
Newbies
So as most people know now, nandrolone increases your estradiol by causing testosterone or other aromatizing drugs to aromatize faster. The opposite of primo and masteron which reduce aromatization by competing with test for the aromatase enzyme, with mast/primo not aromatizing themself, just blocking test from entering the aromatase enzyme.

So with that said, there is a lingering lore left going around that testosterone should be run higher than Deca/NPP, or if even not higher, people believe they should Atleast keep the same dose of test they were otherwise already on.

Could this be the only why Deca/NPP has the reputation still for causing people to hold a film of water and why people wouldn’t like to run it into a show, but they would run tren into a show.

I’m wondering if there are people who read this post who have experience with running Deca or NPP while very lean like 6-8% or those who ran it into a show and found that it either did or did not cause them to look less hard and shredded? Would be curious to hear about this especially from people who were on nandrolone( Deca or NPP) who had crushed their estradiol with letrozole or another Ai and still saw this water retentive effect that was independent of estrogen.

Nandrolone and other AAS directly fuck with the RAAS cascade. So it’s not just elevated estrogen.

“Exogenous use of anabolic steroids by the mechanism of impairment of the renin-angiotensin-2-aldosterone (RAAS) and endothelin system increases blood pressure in the renal arteries and with positive feedback increases water and sodium uptake, increases water retention in the tubules and increases blood pressure.”

Heidari E, Hosseini S A, Azarbayjani M A . Effect of Nandrolone Treatment with and without Resistance Training on Superoxide Dismutase Concentration and Pathology of Kidney Tissue in Rats. J Clin Res Paramed Sci. 2020;9(2):e102497. https://doi.org/10.5812/jcrps.102497.

What is the point of the question
I’m looking to see if people have tried nandrolone in some form and they able to make it work as compound somebody would want to use on stage.

I hear more often than not that nandrolone will only detract from a physique, I only ever hear people speak highly of it when they’re talking about it from a strictly mass building perspective.

In other words people are more about using NPP/Deca as means to and end, which is just to build size, even if that means they may or may not have an inferior look during that process.

So, estrogen might make you hold water/be puffy..groundbreaking!
Yes for sure, but I’m wondering people’s experience with Deca/NPP doing this independently of estrogen.

Like for people who have used it by itself, or with lots of Ai to crush their estrogen prior to getting on stage

I’m looking to see if people have tried nandrolone in some form and they able to make it work as compound somebody would want to use on stage.

I hear more often than not that nandrolone will only detract from a physique, I only ever hear people speak highly of it when they’re talking about it from a strictly mass building perspective.

In other words people are more about using NPP/Deca as means to and end, which is just to build size, even if that means they may or may not have an inferior look during that process.
Your end statement is correct. There’s just many more compounds that give a better look for the stage because they’re more androgenic.

Make it work? sure. Old schoolers figured it out 50 years ago. Deca and dianabol to add size then switch out the dianabol for winstrol or anavar. You're basically smashing estrogen with the switch and with winstrol increasing C1 inhibitor, which reduces water retention through the bradykinin pathway.

I guarantee lots stepped on the stage at top level in 70s and 80s using nandrolone. We didn't have AIs so less test (gyno was way more common too), tren was later, and diuretic use wasn't wide spread. I knew one top mass monster who ran 1-2 grams of it right into comp even in the 90s. While I'm not a big fan of bro knowledge and lack of science...if it were still best practice I'd think we'd see a lot more of it today and we don't.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131