advertise on professional muscle millions of hits per month
Professional Muscle Store open now
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it ok to Donate your blood while on test?

EricJ123

Registered
I donated blood today. However, where you check if you want your blood to be donated or disposed I wasn't sure what to do so I checked dispose. Is it ok for someone else to receive your blood while on 500mg/test only?

BigSwole

Registered
pretty sure they filter it so all that stuff gets taken out.

-Z-

Registered
Yeah, I've donated while on cycle as well. I guess I don't really know if it's an issue or not. They didn't turn me away or anything.

But I wouldn't be mad if I happened to receive blood that had a few mg's of test in it!

Stump

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Ashop

FOUNDING Member / Verified Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
I donated blood today. However, where you check if you want your blood to be donated or disposed I wasn't sure what to do so I checked dispose. Is it ok for someone else to receive your blood while on 500mg/test only?
Ive done it numerous times and know others as well. Its fine to donate.

stepintoliquid

Registered
dunno if i would want to give up any blood while on cycle.... i need it all for myself! lol

mikevegas

Registered
Mike, can you elaborate on this. :)
I can. AAS (especially EQ) increases red blood cell counts, and blood thickness which is tested and referred to by INR Level. These things can increase the risk of several health issues, including blood clotting and related health events such as heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, etc. When you donate blood, you reduce your RBC and INR by your body replacing the blood that was taken, returning blood back to healthier levels.

It is advisable to donate blood, red blood cells, and even platelets while on cycle.

Last edited:

Stump

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I can. AAS (especially EQ) increases red blood cell counts, and blood thickness which is tested and referred to by INR Level. These things can increase the risk of several health issues, including blood clotting and related health events such as heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, etc. When you donate blood, you reduce your RBC and INR by your body replacing the blood that was taken, returning blood back to healthier levels.

It is advisable to donate blood, red blood cells, and even platelets while on cycle.
Thanks. :)

naturalsux

Registered
pretty sure they filter it so all that stuff gets taken out.

They test, filter, and thin the blood before someone else receives it.

Their worried about hepatitis C, hiv, CJD, etc. Serious conditions not aas.

bigboy05

Registered
Good advice..think I will find the next local blood drive. How soon after you give blood do you guys feel "normal again" in regards to your workouts?

Funny side note....I've never given blood because I'm scared to death of someone putting a needle/IV in me. Had it done years ago and I damn near passed out, turned green. On the other hand, I can pin myself ED and not think twice about it. WTF??

naturalsux

Registered
Good advice..think I will find the next local blood drive. How soon after you give blood do you guys feel "normal again" in regards to your workouts?

Funny side note....I've never given blood because I'm scared to death of someone putting a needle/IV in me. Had it done years ago and I damn near passed out, turned green. On the other hand, I can pin myself ED and not think twice about it. WTF??

Later that night or the next day. Just dont look at the needle, its 16G:(

thehuge

Registered
just be carfull they will call you till the end of time!! they love my blooood

Stump

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

EricJ123

Registered
Guys I'm not asking if its ok for me to give blood. I donated cause it know its healthy too while on cycle. I'm asking if its ok for someone to receive my blood.

sgtedrobinson

Registered
They test it befor they use it and if there is some thing wrong with it, they will let you know. I give it all the time. They never stop calling me.

mike ross

Registered

correct and it will lower hematocrit too...theres a thread currently running on why lowering hematocrit is important. Sorry fingers are hurting from answering email all day or id type more

mikevegas

Registered
The blood clot and heart attack risk is no joke. Just look at my sig down there \/. Yes it is good for you, it is safe to do while on cycle, and safe for the person receiving. As mentioned, you can even be a RBC donor, as your body will over produce this on AAS, and the Blood Banks can use an RBC donor more than those that give just general blood.

As far as recovering from giving the blood, it only takes like 1-2 days if I recall correctly for the body to replace what you donated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbsportsnut