over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

It Hasn't been a fun six months

Hey everyone…I just wanted to share a few things that I’ve been dealing with, and if it helps anyone else…cool…if not, that’s OK as well.

I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, which I’ve been struggling with for the last six months or so. I really didn’t think much of it, until a few months ago, when the sleep deprivation was catching up to me.

I travel a lot…and blacking out, falling asleep while driving, while creating emails, reports etc. was something I’ve never dealt with before. What was most troubling, is I was apparently getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

I recently had to go into the doc because of a different medical situation, and upon the doctor asking questions, he ordered a sleep study to be done ASAP.

I went in, and they attached all these pods to my head, chest, and legs. After adjusting to all the crap on me, I was able to fall asleep, and after 4 hours was awakened by the sleep tech.

She shared that I need to use a CPAP machine immediately. Once they had that hooked up to me…I immediately felt my body go into stages of relaxation that I’ve not ever felt before. Though I slept for 3 hours with the CPAP, it was the most restful sleep that I had since I could remember.

The test results came back, and showed that I am “waking” 45+ times per hour, or every 90 seconds. Not coming to full awake, but out of REM/Stage 2 or 3, into stage 1.

Therefore, I’m never getting enough sleep for any type of recovery. As soon as my body goes between stage 2 and 3, the apnea kicks in, and because of loss of oxygen, I waken myself, only to have this occur over and over throughout the night.

Of course, the fear of not waking is a fear all it’s own. Your airway collapse, and with the lack of oxygen in your lungs and blood, there is a risk of not coming out.

My blood oxygen was at 79% which is piss poor…but a host of other sleep issues as well.

I will be getting my own CPAP soon, and quite frankly, it will be like Christmas for me. I can’t tell you when the last time I woke up feeling refreshed, or my body feeling like it is fully recovered.

With the workouts I’ve been doing, I’m certain that I’ve only dug a deeper hole of over training. I am positive, once I get my machine, my body will begin to transform, and grow, like I haven’t been able to in a long time.

I would just encourage anyone, if you’re a loud snorer, always feeling tired throughout the day, headaches, falling asleep while doing the little things, or driving…irritated at the world, you don’t remember the last time you had a dream (REM Sleep)…I would ask that you strongly consider going to your doc, and talking to him about a sleep study.

Some other issues from sleep apnea are heart attacks, high blood pressure, diabetes etc. Not something you want to jack around with…the CPAP is going to be a game changer for me!

Anyway…just thought I would share my story. Fire away with any questions…if anyone has any!

does hgh or igf not help? good luck bro and keep us posted.

Iron, I am glad you met the problem head-on and feel better. Did you have any problems trying to sleep with this device on your face at first?

Hey bro...thank you so much! My CPAP actually comes tomorrow (Friday)...and to me it is like Christmas!

No..when i used it the first and only time was at the sleep study...and it took maybe 10 minutes to get used too. I used needed to get used to the breathing through my nose, with the pressure of the air coming forth.

The nose piece they had me use, I tried several, diffused the air, and I really couldn't tell there was any air being forced....but it was unique. After 10 mins or so...I was out...and in deep sleep...and it was awesome!

Because he lost 80 pounds while in a coma, his sleep apnea for the most part has subsided. He hasn't been using it, because he can't sleep when he does...I've been on his back about it but there is only so much I can do.

I hear you bro...well...at least the impact isn't as bad as the initial symptom. I wish there was a way for those who want to use it, but can't for one reason or another.

I was thinking today, while on the road...what the hell would I do if I couldn't use a CPAP machine...I shudder at the thought!

does hgh or igf not help? good luck bro and keep us posted.

Mmmmmm...that I don't know. As I shared in another post somewhere...i've researched with peps...and my rat doesn't notice any difference.

See the thing is, once you go into or head into deep sleep, the airway collapses, which blocks your breathing pattern, and reduces blood oxygen. So it isn't a matter of an issue falling to sleep, or falling into deep sleep. The issue is you raise out of deep sleep into low level sleep, by waking to get oxygen etc.

Thanks for the idea though!

Ironraider
Glad you're getting the cpap. It has done wonders for me. I have moderate to severe apnea and sleep disturbed breathing. You will feel wonderful almost immediately. The biggest thing is getting accustom to the mask and air. Work outs improve greatly also. Just make sure not to put mask on before you try to get some from the mrs.. Mine doesn't find it very appealing:rolleyes:

Ironraider
Glad you're getting the cpap. It has done wonders for me. I have moderate to severe apnea and sleep disturbed breathing. You will feel wonderful almost immediately. The biggest thing is getting accustom to the mask and air. Work outs improve greatly also. Just make sure not to put mask on before you try to get some from the mrs.. Mine doesn't find it very appealing:rolleyes:

LMAO!!! You mean she doesn't go for the Darth Vader breathing!! :p

Seriously bro...thank you for sharing, and I am excited at getting this tomorrow...and getting much needed sleep over the weekend!!

How long have you been using it?

LMAO!!! You mean she doesn't go for the Darth Vader breathing!! :p

Seriously bro...thank you for sharing, and I am excited at getting this tomorrow...and getting much needed sleep over the weekend!!

How long have you been using it?

I tried to get her to do some roll playing. I'd be Darth Vader and she could be Pricess Liea or Chubaka which ever :D

I've had it for a little over a year. I was having the same symtoms as you, falling asleep at my desk, in meeting, driving. Workouts were tough. I had to you a shit load of stimulates just to get any intensity. Then that jacked with my sleep even more. Now I sleep pretty well. I still wake up about 2:30 am and have to eat because I'm starving.
Take Care Brother

I tried to get her to do some roll playing. I'd be Darth Vader and she could be Pricess Liea or Chubaka which ever :D

I've had it for a little over a year. I was having the same symtoms as you, falling asleep at my desk, in meeting, driving. Workouts were tough. I had to you a shit load of stimulates just to get any intensity. Then that jacked with my sleep even more. Now I sleep pretty well. I still wake up about 2:30 am and have to eat because I'm starving.
Take Care Brother

Yeah...I might have to try that with my bride!

i've become an investor with 5-hour energy...it helps...but like you said, you can only go so long.

Peace

Let me know how you like the cpap. I too have sleep apnea and with my weight gain the snoring sounds more like thunder.

Will do bro!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I had a sleep test last week and doctor called me today and said i slept like crap and wants me to come back for the cpap. I will be going back Sunday nite for it..I sure hope it helps....

i'm surprised Elvia hasn't passed comment here. He barely sleeps! I dont know how he does it? I'm a sleepy head so it's definitely opposites attract. And when he comes to bed my sleep gets disrupted because he snors so load, i wake up with a headache! I constantly wake him to tell him he sounds like a prehistoric beast! (But looks amazing)He also hits out in his sleep to. And although he doesn't even know he does it, i make sure he knows and whack him right back ha ha. I always say he's a sleep freak cause when everyone else is blissfully asleep, he is up cooking, eating and watching after hours random rubbish. I would like to not be as sleepy as i feel sometimes but i wouldn't trade sleep patterns no way! X

Oh do I now. Is that why I wake up feeling like I have been punched :D My sleep is fine but I do go to bed at silly hours at times (6am etc). I doubt many on here have made more steaks than me at 3am :)

Iron... good to know you are getting this sorted. Hopefully you will start feeling much better. Your probably gonna wake up feeling 20 again. Sleep is so important. Really good about getting the machine etc.

Gear definately has an impact. But I think the predominant reason is simply water weight and overall weightgain over the years. How many on here have took adrol or dbol and test and 8 weeks later they are snoring and they never did before... I bet there are many.

But it's the overall weight that is th key. Iron your a big guy aren't you... I see many have said they have it too... all huge guys. This is an issue with many big people... out of shape big people... or ripped huge bodybuilders... just another negative about being big. The fact I snore like this now (didn't used to snore)and the fact I am getting bigger each month :)D) shows me I am likely to have issues. Thank you for starting this thread it has made an old bypassed thought a current important one.

Anyone experiencing this should see a doc straightaway. Sleep (recovery) is vital for all of us... without it we won't look half as good as we could.

Well...my new baby is here!! That's right IR has his CPAP, and this thing is bad ass! Enough power to take care of the leaves in the yard! My setting is pretty low right now...at 8. It has it's own built in humidifier for the winter.

Another great thing with this machine...it you simply cannot hear it running...it is silent.

My wife was concerned that it would be loud and would keep her up...amazingly you simply cannot hear it.

So tonight I'm busting my cherry on the CPAP...and I can wait! I hope I get like 20 hours of sleep...or least 9 hours. Oh wait...I've got a 5 and 3 yr old...damn it...I'll hope for 8 hours and count my blessings!

Anyway...I am a happy little camper! Thanks for everyone's support, insights, ideas etc. I will let everyone know how this thing works out!

Well...my new baby is here!! That's right IR has his CPAP, and this thing is bad ass! Enough power to take care of the leaves in the yard! My setting is pretty low right now...at 8. It has it's own built in humidifier for the winter.

Another great thing with this machine...it you simply cannot hear it running...it is silent.

My wife was concerned that it would be loud and would keep her up...amazingly you simply cannot hear it.

So tonight I'm busting my cherry on the CPAP...and I can wait! I hope I get like 20 hours of sleep...or least 9 hours. Oh wait...I've got a 5 and 3 yr old...damn it...I'll hope for 8 hours and count my blessings!

Anyway...I am a happy little camper! Thanks for everyone's support, insights, ideas etc. I will let everyone know how this thing works out!

YAY!!! It's gonna be a good night in Ironraiders house 2nite!! You should post photo's of you wearing your new mask!!! :star-:ars

YAY!!! It's gonna be a good night in Ironraiders house 2nite!! You should post photo's of you wearing your new mask!!! :star-:ars

HA!!!! Not a chance doll face!!! :p

I wish you the best in health. Life can throw us some curve balls sometimes. Its good you found out about the apnea so you can treat it.

Thank you so much Alin....you're a good bro, and I appreciate your words my man!

Keep doing the great things you do! ;)

BC....LOL...bro...that is why I'm in the guest room, and have been for months. I felt terrible that i was keeping my beloved up through the night with my snoring. She would go to bed an hour before me, just to try to get into deep sleep before I got to bed, with the hopes she wouldn't have to hear me snore.

Didn't matter...I would still wake her...and would get the nudges etc. However, that is when she noticed i would stop breathing at during the night...and freak. After a while, she realized I would catch myself and regain my breathing. So she stopped worrying so much.

When i regulated myself to the guest room, she told me about my breathing stopping and starting. Her concern was me not coming out of it to regain my breath...which kinda lead to where I am today. Just took a blood vessel to open up, to get me to the doc, to ask the questions etc.

Don't let a real issue get you to the point of "having" to check into this type of problem my friend! :)

Will do brother! Thanks for the advice mate!

You should have a sleep study done. One of the things you have going for you is you do not sound sleep deprived which on the surface implies you are not waking up enough to not get REM sleep everyone needs (which is the deep sleep). Your body will break out of an apnic episode and thats why the fear of not breathing again is probably not warranted. But when the body finally triggers respirations again it is usually in such a powerful way that you awaken and thats what causes the sleep deprivation. You need a certain amount of REM sleep each night and waking 45 times an hour probably never allows for much or any of it.

Not everyone who snores loudly has Sleep apnea, but virtually everyone who has Sleep Apnea has a history of loud snoring.

Water retention from steroids may aggrivate an already partially obstructed airway. It may cause your airway mucousa to swell further obstructing the airway.

See a sleep doc.

IPGEAR

I dont know how many times I wake up through the night but I do wake up at least once or twice to take a piss! Will have to get it check out with the Dr!

I would second that you may want to get a sleep study I didn't realize bad it was at first just thought of the snoring. I will say it does take a little to get used to the cpap but it is worth it in my opinion.

Thanks mate!

Thanks everyone and especially IronRaider! Good luck with the CRAP machine I mean CPAP hehe!! Hope you will be back in your wife room in due time bro!

Good luck with your cpap hopefully you will feel more rested now. I know I don't go a night without mine and it is super quit and my wife tells me no more snoring now.

Good luck with your cpap hopefully you will feel more rested now. I know I don't go a night without mine and it is super quit and my wife tells me no more snoring now.

It took a little bit to get used to...but I'm feeling REFRESHED this a.m.!! wow...now I'll have to see how I go for the remainder of the day. I'm not concerned if I have to take a nap later, I just know I have clairity of thought this a.m.for the first time in a long time.

I really didn't need any coffee per se, outside of the fact I always have at least 3 cups by now, just to help me wake up. Right now, I'm still on my first cup.

Gonna go get a workout in, and run to the mall with the family...

Placebo? Maybe...don't care! :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner