over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows Mountain Dog Lifestyle

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer

This is a pretty awesome series on John. Thought it'd be cool to share it with everyone. It's nice to be reminded of the granite like condition John used to get into for shows.

RIP mountaindog, a great guy, family man, and one hell of a bodybuilder.

John should never be forgotten or brushed under the table. He was such a good guy, he is a huge loss not only to our little subculture, but to the world. Such a positive influence, I hope that is what is instilled into people going forward. Guy was flat out awesome, whether you agreed with him or not on certain principles, dude walked-the-walk and led by example.

Great guy all around...Humble and always handling business right, always!

Just to add on....imagine having a neighbor(s) like John? A Co-worker? Having a kid in John's kid's classes and sports teams? As a coach? A person you see often at the store or gym?

We all know John was a great man from so many angles as a father and husband, a bodybuilder, a friend to many in our subculture, a businessman, etc; However, imagine having a guy like above in your life who is positive about everything, and a soft-spoken guy, yet will be truthful to you. I guess that is where my first post above is coming from. I didn't know John like many did, except for on the forums, and one private forum, but he was always very supportive and easy to talk to if he had time.

Thanks for posting those videos, they are uplifting and great to watch!

Just to add on....imagine having a neighbor(s) like John? A Co-worker? Having a kid in John's kid's classes and sports teams? As a coach? A person you see often at the store or gym?

We all know John was a great man from so many angles as a father and husband, a bodybuilder, a friend to many in our subculture, a businessman, etc; However, imagine having a guy like above in your life who is positive about everything, and a soft-spoken guy, yet will be truthful to you. I guess that is where my first post above is coming from. I didn't know John like many did, except for on the forums, and one private forum, but he was always very supportive and easy to talk to if he had time.

Thanks for posting those videos, they are uplifting and great to watch!

We live in times where controversy, provocation, and drama are what draw everyone's eyes. Some attention is better than no attention to many.

John was the complete opposite of that. And yet had one of the largest followings and respect out of anyone in the fitness industry.

Dishonesty is usually loud, brash and attention seeking, character is the silent wind in the night.

John passing really hit me and it had nothing to do with bbing. I live in columbus and while I met him long ago I didn't interact with him until the last year-ish of his life. All related to healthcare policy, politics, etc. I work in healthcare for a large company and am involved in a lot of lobbying efforts in DC and John had some big plans in politics and was just started to really strategize. It's actually hard for me to type this because it just makes my stomach sink.

I only bring it up because I don't have the background with him at all related to bbing or fitness but his impact is just as great on how I think about him! Shows that he was really a well rounded guy with so much to offer the world.

I worked out at that world gym/metro for 12 years...great place. Fun fact...Mike Francois trains there as well as JM Blakely.

And imagine a wife so awesome that she keeps uploading old videos on his channel. I may be wrong, but I imagine he left them well off and it's not just for the money. She's perfectly aware how important he was to the community

He is one you can rewatch his videos and the ones he was a guest on over and over. So much wisdom he shares he will live forever!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws