over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney support

I messed up last time I went for bloods as I didn’t take enough time off from training and didn’t make a concentrated effort to make sure I was properly hydrated but my eGFR came back as 55! I’ve been using Astragalus at around 5G per day for the last 4 months and have bloods scheduled for next week. I will update when the results come back

vitacost brand is great and I've been taking it for years clear impact on my bloods and I use it interchangeably with VS brand. Really, I'd recommend all vitacost product...great quality and very cheap.

vitacost brand is great and I've been taking it for years clear impact on my bloods and I use it interchangeably with VS brand. Really, I'd recommend all vitacost product...great quality and very cheap.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Vitacost test out horribly?

Yes if you stop your gfr will drop again. I was able to drop my dose from 6 grams/day to 3 grams/day and keep my gfr over 100 so staying at a higher dose of astragalus isn’t necessary. I would give it at least 3-4 months at the higher dose and start to bring it down a little each month until you get down to 3 grams/day. Hope that helps.
Thank you for sharing your results, Mike036! Are you still running some gear and getting those improvements? I hope so! 😆

Since you are confused, I’ll explain. It’s not that 10 capsules is such a big issue in itself. For me however, I’m already taking 20-25 different pills of various supplements and other preventatives.....twice a day for a total of over 50. So yeah, adding in another 10 on top of that can seem significant, to some.
First thing my kidney doctor say was to stop all supplements and he evaluated my prescriptions

I then took his info and reevaluated my supplements and removed and decreased

Started astragalus March 14 I did a test 2 weeks later numbers really didn't move

4 morning 3 lunch 4 evening 5500

Most feedback has been to use and retest in a couple months. Seems to take longer than a couple weeks.

First thing my kidney doctor say was to stop all supplements and he evaluated my prescriptions

Started astragalus March 14 I did a test 2 weeks later numbers really didn't move

Pretty sure it's more like months before you'll reap the benefit

When I first started astragalus I did bloodwork 4 weeks later and my eGFR only went up like 9-10 points. The longer I stayed on the more my eGFR increased. It was as low as 64 and now my eGFR is 107. Two weeks isn’t enough time to see results. Also, what brand were you using ?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Vitacost test out horribly?

I don't believe so...actually from all the initial research I have done (when I started using them years ago) until now all I've seen is they are on par with the best as far as quality. The below has been posted that sent shockwaves but no vitacost brand. Vitacost is an online retailer only which has their own brand and sells many others.

Actually, with a quick google search they've always tested perfectly with top ratings on consumerlabs and other review websites. They've also kicked off retailers from their site that they felt were not up to par with standards.

lol I swear I'm not paid by vitacost but they are almost the only brand I use now and I've seen direct changes in bloods (which I expected and makes me wonder about the quality of other brands I've used) since switching to them way back.

1618572965900.png

When I first started astragalus I did bloodwork 4 weeks later and my eGFR only went up like 9-10 points. The longer I stayed on the more my eGFR increased. It was as low as 64 and now my eGFR is 107. Two weeks isn’t enough time to see results. Also, what brand were you using ?
Yes I know that 2 weeks isn't enough 2 months should have a bump I realized after I posted it came off incorrect

Pretty sure it's more like months before you'll reap the benefit
Correct also on grape seed with it
I tried the other supplement recommended on main thread , some type of pine tar ? But made my bp increase so stopped it. I'll post my next test I believe it's in 2 months

I messed up last time I went for bloods as I didn’t take enough time off from training and didn’t make a concentrated effort to make sure I was properly hydrated but my eGFR came back as 55! I’ve been using Astragalus at around 5G per day for the last 4 months and have bloods scheduled for next week. I will update when the results come back
Update on my blood results. My eGFR has climbed to 79!

That's 24 points since starting 5g astragalus 4 months ago. Massive thanks to @DOGGCRAPP for the Instagram posts that first brought astragalus to my intention

Update on my blood results. My eGFR has climbed to 79!

That's 24 points since starting 5g astragalus 4 months ago. Massive thanks to @DOGGCRAPP for the Instagram posts that first brought astragalus to my intention
That’s a very substantial increase. No doubt about it, astragalus works. Thanks for sharing your results

I tested a 57 egfr april 1st. All my labwork that day was horrible from dehydration so the tested number was likely lower than it was in reality. I started taking 7.5g of astragalus for 5 days after and bumped it to 10g day 6 and continued until today. 2 weeks later I tested at pulled a 74. I got another round done this week Tuesday and came back at 87. Thats 30 mL/min/1.73 in the right direction in a little under a month. Ill test again in another month to see where its at.

No other values were thrown off except BUN which was slightly high but I had a heavy back workout the day prior.

What brands are everyone taking

My egfr still same 59

I switched from NOW to Vitamin Shoppe

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws