over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

L-Glutamine and Recovery

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
As many of you know, there seems to be a lot of debate as to whether Oral L-glutamine is worth taking. I would like to receive feedback from bodybuilders that use glutamine and, do you really feel it helps with recovery?

It causes me major bloating and gas issues!!! I can't use it cause of this.

I look fuller when I take it and I do not seem to get sick as often. Therefore I stay on it and I believe it does what its supposed to do. 30+ grams a day split into 3 doses is my usual protocol.

only use it for gut health and immunity protection. never noticed anything as far as recovery, might as well spend more $$ on BCAAs IMO

I respect the hell out of Layne, and I actually side with him (and others) on this issue, too. Never got much out of glutamine, personally.

That being said, Evan Centopani recently echoed what Baldnazi said about fullness in an Animal/Universal "Road to the Arnold" video.

Food for thought, at least.

I cant tell if i get faster recovery from it. But its cheap and suppose to spare muscle so i take it anyway.

As many of you know, there seems to be a lot of debate as to whether Oral L-glutamine is worth taking. I would like to receive feedback from bodybuilders that use glutamine and, do you really feel it helps with recovery?

Any supplement that activate the satellite cells will help recovery, L-glutamin is not one of those supplement.

Any supplement that activate the satellite cells will help recovery, L-glutamin is not one of those supplement.

Would you be willing to share youre prefered supplements for activating satellite cells?
A google search seems to be muddled with alot of randomness.

Emeric , can you kndly poit us in a direction to search for such supplements? like the above poster Google turned up way more nonsense than anything related to the subject

It appears that most of the benefits from Glutamine in a hosptial where they they were using an IV.

I feel better when I take Glutamine.... I don't know how or why, but it seems to do something for me. Maybe it is the gut health, they say good gut health really contributes to overall health.

i have GERD and have recently started using it i havent noticed a big difference but definitely nothing negative so im going to stay on it. i take 5g morning 5g pwo and 5g bed time

You're much better off getting an EAA supplement, instead of a glutamine or BCAA supp.

Would you be willing to share youre prefered supplements for activating satellite cells?
A google search seems to be muddled with alot of randomness.

You need a product with Growth factors and a product with phosphate groups and calcium ions.

Growth factors can cause the satellite cells to combine with the damaged cells and assist in the damaged cells ability to synthesize protein more efficiently. The satellite cells can fuse to each other and create new muscle cells in a process know as hyperplasia.

The phospate gropus and the necessary cacium ions will help continuous phosphorylation of the StAR protein, protein that is involved in the rapid regulation of steroid production.

i have GERD and have recently started using it i havent noticed a big difference but definitely nothing negative so im going to stay on it. i take 5g morning 5g pwo and 5g bed time

Is OK to take Glutamine, Glutemine has many benefits one of them is
helps to stabilize blood sugar levels. When they are too low, it suppresses insulin to keep levels from dropping lower, and helps convert excess sugars into added energy

Glutamine has been shown to aid your immune system too

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311