• All new members please introduce your self here and welcome to the board:
    http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
M4B Store Banner
muscleshop
Riptropin Store banner
Generation X Bodybuilding Forum
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Mysupps Store Banner
IP Gear Store Banner
PM-Ace-Labs
Ganabol Store Banner
Spend $100 and get bonus needles free at sterile syringes
Professional Muscle Store open now
advertise1
PHARMAHGH1
kinglab
ganabol2
Professional Muscle Store open now
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
roids-210x65-48kb-1
granabolic1
napsgear-210x65
advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LATS, and magoo

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
a jumpset is like a superset but you alternate exercises as in a regular workout routine. u do not rush through it to feel a burn, you do one set of one exercise, rest up, do a set of the next exercise, rest up and go back to the first one and so forth
monday:
incline bench: 10 x 3 , 1 x 20jumpsetted with
hang cleans: 10 x 3
front squats: 5 x 5 jumpsetted with
leg curls: 5 x 10
seated db presses: 5 x 5 , 1 x 20jumpsetted with
weighted undergrip chins: 5 x 5, 1 x20
lateral raises: 2 x 10-15
rear lateral: 2 x 10-15
any form of calf work


wed:
snatches: 10 x 3
speed squats: 12 x 2
speed push-ups or speed bench: 8 x 3
seated behind neck press: 2 x 12-15
goodmornings: 3 x 10
one-arm rows: 2 x 10-12
hammer curls: 2 x 10-12
reverse grip benches: 2 x 10-12
db upright rows: 2 x 12-15 (wide grip)
any form of calf work

friday:
dips: 5 x 5 jumpsetted with, 1 set x bodyweight for reps
overhand bb rows: 5 x 5, 1 x 20
military press: 5 x 5 jumpsetted with, 1 x20
db pullovers: 5 x 10
squats: 5 x 5
and form of calf work
lying one arm lateral raises: 2 x 8-12
 

Dom!nator

New member
Registered
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
87
mr magoo,

not all to long ago I finished 8 weeks of HST. I made some good progress and I liked it in general except for the 15 rep weeks (felt more like cardio to me)

Now I have a question for you. If you do a full body workout with only 1 movement per bodypart. That will be +-14 movements total. I will outline something basic:

Legs:
squat
stiff legged

Chest:
Incline bench
dips

Back:
chins
rows

Traps:
shrugs

Shoulder:
Shoulder press
Lateral raise
rear lateral

Calves:
calf raise

Abs:
crunch

Biceps:
bicep curls

Triceps:
triceps extentions

Now if someone is doing 5x5 or 10x3 with all these movements the total training time will be 2hours+. Do you barely rest between the sets? I mean what about cortisol?

Also some muscles have several heads that wont be hit in one movement. For example calves you have the gastrocnemius and soleus and they need different movements to be hit. If you change excersizes every trainingday than how can you mesure progress??
 

Moen

New member
Kilo Klub Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
1,540
Perhaps an example workout by LATS too ? :)
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
Dom!nator said:
mr magoo,

not all to long ago I finished 8 weeks of HST. I made some good progress and I liked it in general except for the 15 rep weeks (felt more like cardio to me)

Now I have a question for you. If you do a full body workout with only 1 movement per bodypart. That will be +-14 movements total. I will outline something basic:

Legs:
squat
stiff legged

Chest:
Incline bench
dips

Back:
chins
rows

Traps:
shrugs

Shoulder:
Shoulder press
Lateral raise
rear lateral

Calves:
calf raise

Abs:
crunch

Biceps:
bicep curls

Triceps:
triceps extentions

Now if someone is doing 5x5 or 10x3 with all these movements the total training time will be 2hours+. Do you barely rest between the sets? I mean what about cortisol?

Also some muscles have several heads that wont be hit in one movement. For example calves you have the gastrocnemius and soleus and they need different movements to be hit. If you change excersizes every trainingday than how can you mesure progress??
i measure progress bc i come back to the exercises week after week, just not workout after workout, cortisol i do not worry about bc of my workout drinks which take care of it IMO, and also it is going to be released no matter what. if ur not going to failure on every set all the time but training hard i believe ull produce less cortisol
also calves get worked well bc of my cardio i do. high incline treadmill walking works calves very well
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
i also feel cortisol release during workouts and the proper amount of time to work out and so forth is exagerated, something that works on paper but not in real world.

at first, the workouts do take a long time ut u can get used to it and cut workout time down later once u find ur groove
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
2 hrs before workout : i have about 40-60 grams of protein from a food like a burger, chicken or tuna + some smart fats

one hour later: i hit up my "uppers"

half an hour later: warm up

half an hour later: start workout, drink half of a protein/carb shake protein is around 48-72 g (depends on workout) (protein consists of whey hydrosylate, isolate, concentrate, egg white, and casein)and carbs are 20-30 g's of a sucrose/dextrose mix

the rest of the shake is sipped up until about half an hour before my workout ends

and as soon as my workout ends I pound down about 120 g of protein from a blend similar to the one above minus the hydoslate and add some milk protein, and 90 g of carbs from dextrose and sucrose
 

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Moderator
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
8,117
i follow the similar routine in regards to my drinks and food intake.. i do not take in as much protein as magoo as it causes me too much stomach upset.. but, i do the basic same thing but, i lower my protein a little.. i also sip a drink while i am working out which contains 40 grams of whey iso and hydo along with some fruit juice mixed with dextrose at 50 grams..after, i do the same drink as magoo but, i lower the protein to 40 grams again..if i did 120 grams i would shit lava!!!:D
 

rippedboy

Banned
Joined
Jan 5, 2003
Messages
340
id like to train each bodypart more frequently than 7 days. i just started the cycle and im eating a ton of clean food. im going mon wed fri the basic chest/delt/tri, legs, back/bis, but id like to train more frequently. also i always train to failure, even deadlifts, i always think if i dont push hard, i wont grow. but all this reading got me thinking..is my routine going to yeild good results? or should i switch it? because id like to get some incredible results. but ive never really done things like forced reps, negatives, drop sets, supersets, giant sets, speed reps (?) i always just trained heavy. id really like to improve my physique, how is 3 reps per set supposed to build muscle, i always see guys pushing at least 6 reps. and isnt 5 x 5 pretty much going to failure?
 

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,226
I've experienced that doing any weight routine for too long a time-period (several months), my body acclimates to it - meaning results slow or stop.

I've always looked at switching up training routines.

Just doing 5x5 is not an indicator of failure - Say I can bench 1 set or 5 reps at 315; if I do 225x5x5 would that really be failure?!?!

xcel
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
LATS said:
i follow the similar routine in regards to my drinks and food intake.. i do not take in as much protein as magoo as it causes me too much stomach upset.. but, i do the basic same thing but, i lower my protein a little.. i also sip a drink while i am working out which contains 40 grams of whey iso and hydo along with some fruit juice mixed with dextrose at 50 grams..after, i do the same drink as magoo but, i lower the protein to 40 grams again..if i did 120 grams i would shit lava!!!:D

my body just responds incredibly well to very high protein intakes for what its worth, also if it helps with digestion in any way, i make my shakes so they are pretty thick, like double as much water as one would use to have protein "pudding", i feel this way i am not bloated and get that water slashing around in my stomach feeling
 

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Moderator
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
8,117
i actually always put far more water than required.. i also today, bought some digestive enzymes at the health food store.. i figured i would give it a try and up the protein a little to see what happens..
 

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,226
Have you tried adding some milled flax to your protein drinks?

xcel
 

rippedboy

Banned
Joined
Jan 5, 2003
Messages
340
xcelbeyond said:
I've experienced that doing any weight routine for too long a time-period (several months), my body acclimates to it - meaning results slow or stop.

I've always looked at switching up training routines.

Just doing 5x5 is not an indicator of failure - Say I can bench 1 set or 5 reps at 315; if I do 225x5x5 would that really be failure?!?!

xcel

hey xcel, it would not be failure but how would you grow on 225 5x5 if you already do 315 5x5. you would need heavier weight wouldnt you? and how do you increase weight if you have to do 5 reps each time. do you mean like 135 for 5, then 225 for 5, then 315 for 5, 405 for 5, 495 for 5, etc? of course im not that strong but would add 20 pounds each time i guess.

As for the routine outlined above by Mr. Magoo, is anyone doing that? i dont know about training each bodypart EOD. and it sounds like a lot of sets. i did the full body workout for a little and i was always kinda sore. this was the first time i did BB squats and they came up a little. i would do BB squats, incline dumbell, deadlifts, db shoulder presses, db curls and skullcrushers. 3 sets each EOD.

but this routine outlined above is different. it looks much better. is it HST training? i want to try it.
 

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Moderator
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
8,117
milled flax ?!?! tell me more!
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
LATS said:
i actually always put far more water than required.. i also today, bought some digestive enzymes at the health food store.. i figured i would give it a try and up the protein a little to see what happens..

be careful if u r talking about acidophilus tablets, horrendous gas!
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
rippedboy said:


hey xcel, it would not be failure but how would you grow on 225 5x5 if you already do 315 5x5. you would need heavier weight wouldnt you? and how do you increase weight if you have to do 5 reps each time. do you mean like 135 for 5, then 225 for 5, then 315 for 5, 405 for 5, 495 for 5, etc? of course im not that strong but would add 20 pounds each time i guess.

As for the routine outlined above by Mr. Magoo, is anyone doing that? i dont know about training each bodypart EOD. and it sounds like a lot of sets. i did the full body workout for a little and i was always kinda sore. this was the first time i did BB squats and they came up a little. i would do BB squats, incline dumbell, deadlifts, db shoulder presses, db curls and skullcrushers. 3 sets each EOD.

but this routine outlined above is different. it looks much better. is it HST training? i want to try it.

its alot of sets but not a lot of reps, a different way to stimulate hypertrophy. and u just cannot do it right away but have to build up to it which is what i have my clients do
 

Girth

Active member
Registered
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
462
The info in here by the "subject-referenced" authors is too great to have to search for. I'm bumping this up for that reason and also to ask a couple questions of Magoo.

1. It was asked how you unload with this scheme? Do you? I was thinking, perhaps every 4th week I would cut the volume on each exercise in half and stick with the same weights used on the week prior. Any suggestions?

2. Have you found that some more advanced clients have problems with the 3 day a week approach. If one is squatting and deading over 500lbs, could it be too much loading on the spinal column? I'm assuming that the exercise rotation will negate this, but a little experienced advice might prevent my failed experiment.

3. Do you work in a 1RM at any point?

4. Do you cycle the rep ranges on the exercises after so many weeks? Meaning, if you always Back Squat on your 5x5 day, do you move the back squat to the 10x3 scheme after so many weeks/months?

5. Any other major changes that you can offer up, WITHOUT cheating yourself out of money.
 

Mr_Magoo

Active member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
1,828
Girth said:
The info in here by the "subject-referenced" authors is too great to have to search for. I'm bumping this up for that reason and also to ask a couple questions of Magoo.

1. It was asked how you unload with this scheme? Do you? I was thinking, perhaps every 4th week I would cut the volume on each exercise in half and stick with the same weights used on the week prior. Any suggestions?

2. Have you found that some more advanced clients have problems with the 3 day a week approach. If one is squatting and deading over 500lbs, could it be too much loading on the spinal column? I'm assuming that the exercise rotation will negate this, but a little experienced advice might prevent my failed experiment.

3. Do you work in a 1RM at any point?

4. Do you cycle the rep ranges on the exercises after so many weeks? Meaning, if you always Back Squat on your 5x5 day, do you move the back squat to the 10x3 scheme after so many weeks/months?

5. Any other major changes that you can offer up, WITHOUT cheating yourself out of money.

1) back offs can be done many ways, power volume in half and cut intenisty a bit, go to higher reps a bit, switch in different less taxin exercises or use it as a week to familiarize your body to a new lift

2) yea but try to reduce the overlap as much as possible and the rotation makes a big difference, front squats are legit and work you hard but in a less systemic way then regular squats and deads are not done that often but they are awesome

3) one rep macex are done on occasions, depends on how one feels, can be done as a sort of back off week because the volume will be much lower durin a week of one-rep maxes....can be done durin training on a 5/4/3/2/1 rep range, but here the one rep max is not really a true max

4) cycling rep ranges works many ways, one can go from doing 8 sets of 3 on a lift to 6 sets of 4 to 5 sets of 5

5) NUTRITION
 

hompie

New member
Registered
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
163
Lats , when you do the 2 sets per excersise routine do you increase the weight on the second set or do you do both sets with the same weight?
 

Staff online

  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
530,226,524
Threads
129,946
Messages
2,588,760
Members
158,065
Latest member
zolika73
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
Leader Powder Store email banner
Prowrist straps store banner
coach
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131
raws
Savage Labs Store email
Syntherol Site Enhancing Oil Synthol
AQ3 email Banner
pomps
rawhormone
ezgif-com-resize-2-1
MA Research Chem store banner
MA Supps Store Banner
Keytech banner
musclechem
Godbullraw-bottom-banner
Injection Instructions for beginners
Knight Labs store email banner
Top