over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LATS, and magoo

also, the muscle gained this way seems like it is maintained better and also i luv being able to look as strong as i actually am, what fuckin good is muscle without strength?

and lats gave great info on how to train when on or off but then again if one is off but on some igf, or epo, then things change entirely

also doing full body workouts, and the high volume i do burns a ton of calories and is very efficient,

lats's friend who is a phd or something have a good training routine to use as well, it was in one of his "story time with lats" things, i think number three

bump bc im low on posts

i do feel bad for not stayin on top of this board lately, but i was packed up the ass with shit to do

i also do antagonis pairing in my workouts to cut down on time and to allow for recupertaion of the antagonist by working it's antagonit

magoo, thanks for finally replying to this post. I know your busy so I appreciate the time you take to answer our threads. I have been using the routine Lats outlined( the M-W-F routine) and my strength has been through the roof. Ireally liked what you said about high volume and low weight and reps causeing better strength,density, size gains etc... and I want to incorperate your 5x5 or 10x3 rep schemes into my workouts. I assume being that you train the whole body each workout you only do one exercise per body part. Is this correct?
and is there a specific pattern you follow when diciding which rep scheme to do for that workout? do you just alternate between 5x5 and 10x3 form workout to workout?
again thnks for the replys

I have been doing basic exercises three times a week, for a wile.. Monday - Bench, Wedensday - Squat, Friday - Dead, plus smaler/isolation movements. Have been doing high-repps, no failiure. BUT the strenght is not up to peer. So will try your tips, with low reps, many setts. + I will do some supersetts with a dropp. to make that pain (-:

like Triceps-pushdowns + flyes. First exhaust the triceps, then jump over to the pec, then over to the triceps, then over to the pecs.. and maybe then have a brake. (-: tried that on the quads/hams the other days, it hurted like hell to take a shitt!

stomper1 said:
magoo, thanks for finally replying to this post. I know your busy so I appreciate the time you take to answer our threads. I have been using the routine Lats outlined( the M-W-F routine) and my strength has been through the roof. Ireally liked what you said about high volume and low weight and reps causeing better strength,density, size gains etc... and I want to incorperate your 5x5 or 10x3 rep schemes into my workouts. I assume being that you train the whole body each workout you only do one exercise per body part. Is this correct?
and is there a specific pattern you follow when diciding which rep scheme to do for that workout? do you just alternate between 5x5 and 10x3 form workout to workout?
again thnks for the replys

yes just one exercise per bodypart for the most part, ill do my 5 x 5 or 10 x 3 plus a back off set for blood flow before i hit a nice hard strectch like dc advocates

exceptions to the one exerciser per body part are delts as IMO ur side delts can never be too ig, and rear delts are added for safety reasosn to balance off the pushing exercises i do

Magoo, how do you chart progression? Do you add 5lbs everytime you come back to that exercise? Do you alternate between 5X5 and 10X3 each workout? How do you handle unloading in your program? I do something like this:

wk 1: 5X3
wk 2: 5X4
wk 3: 5X5
wk 4: add 5-10lbs start over at 5X3

This ensures constant progression, but also allows for unloading at wk 4, even though you are using a heavier wt. Thanks.

what if you are natural? how do you still make good gains? what kind of training would one follow? i dont believe in only doing 2 exercises 2 sets, i have better results when i TRAIN, like when i am doing 12 sets per bodypart. like volume training. did people stop doing volume workouts? i do notice i am drained all the time from training, i do 16 sets for chest. i feel like if i dont do at least 9 per part, i am wasting my time in the gym. and i barely juice so i need a good routine for a natural. i do plan on getting on another cycle but i dont do a couple per year like most people do here. also, i feel one bodypart per week is too long of a rest, my muscles are already recovered in 4-5 days.

also, ive been doing dumbell work for chest for like 3 years straight no change in exercise. my chest looks big and dense, but is this a bad approach? i do want more upper chest, will it make a difference if i switch to barbell? or is that the same because its free weight? should i go to machine work for a little bit?

another way to stimulate growth through volume is what magoo has just tslked about.. (10 sets of 3, 5 sets of 5 ect) those programs allow you to use a higher volume of work (increased workload) with out frying the cns...but, you must keep track of the weights and progressions.. a bad miscalculation can hinder progress on these programs.. time to get out the notebook and pencil when trying these programs..actually, as i styated before , always recommend logging workouts.. going into a workout blind and following your "instincts" can really prevent progress for most except the most genetically gifted.. i used the 10 sets of three method many times and it is a great way to get a higher workload with out frying yourself.. i like lower volume more for me but, i do alternate between the two.. just always monitor how you feel..if ya wake up from the 10 sets of three workout the next day and feel a bit drained, then experiment with the 5 sets of 5 or drop the load a bit on the 10 sets of three.. there is many ways to hypertrophy.. try them all at certain points..plus having many options in your arsenal will help prevent boredom.. eliminate the ones that did not feel right for you..and remember to recup from your workouts is the most important thing..magoo stated that people are really not that different.. i agree 100%. the only difference that i feel is ones ability to recup.. some get cns fatigue before others.. if that is the case, then back off the workload a little until the body can adjust..what works for magoo will work for me.. i just might have to tweek it to my recup abilities thats all.. and vise versa.. magoo and i have talked about this many times before that as long as it is heavy, frequent , progressive and you are able to avoid cns fatigue you will progress.. and forget the going "to total exhaustion" .. it is just not needed..you must train hard but, within reason.. but, above all , TRAIN SMART...as for what i wrote in the previous threads, they were addressed to steroid users who cycle fairly frequently.. for natural guys, magoo has already outlined methods to progress for you above.. give them shot.. if you dont like them then try what i outlined about low volume in the beginning of this thread...and vise versa.. find what program your temperment and cns likes.. i am done rambling lol..by the way, i want to add that magoo is right about ironman magazine and the training article of many of their writers..they are much more realistic for most readers...:) some of the training routines that i have read in flex, would kill the average gorilla..

Last edited:
DIEZEL666 said:
Magoo, how do you chart progression? Do you add 5lbs everytime you come back to that exercise? Do you alternate between 5X5 and 10X3 each workout? How do you handle unloading in your program? I do something like this:

wk 1: 5X3
wk 2: 5X4
wk 3: 5X5
wk 4: add 5-10lbs start over at 5X3

This ensures constant progression, but also allows for unloading at wk 4, even though you are using a heavier wt. Thanks.

i chart progression as follows, i add 5 or less pounds usually, and go for an extra total rep or same amount of reps but each with more weight, comes down to total workload
as long as my worload on the muscle is higher then that is all that matters

as for the natural situation, that is how i outline all my programs, just with the enchanced athletes, they can usually make better gains in terms of more weigfht added per workout, but i outline all my routines as if someone was natural

lets say im doing 5 x 5, i always aim to get all 5 sets of 5 reps even if its a new weight load for me, never do i say well i did 5 x 275 x 5 last workout so this one will be 5 x 280 x 4, itll usually be 5 sets of 280 with me sometimes getting 5 reps on all sets and sometimes not, but i always aim for it, and until i get 5 x 280 x 5 will i increase the weight again

also, something i forgot to mention i am not a believer in forced reps at all, they kill the cns and u never know how much weight u are actually lifting so total load on the muscle is very hard to calculate

Magoo

So if you use a full body routine, do you alternate between 5X5 and 10X3? For example: Mon bench 5X5; Wed bench 10X3; Fri bench 5X5. Thanks.

mon: incline bench: 10 x 3
wed: speed bench or explosive pushups 12 x 3 (light weight)
fri: dip: 5 x 5

wondering if anybody has given my training a shot, i will say that u have to learn what ur doing b4 hand though and there are some really good articles to get u learning

www.t-mag.com , articles by c.s. sloan and chad waterbury , also articles by bill starr in Ironman magazine work, the hst website will help explain why i set up my workouts as three days per week as well

Magoo, how do you structure the workouts? How many exercises total? What exercises do you use per workout? I've seen Waterbury separate upper and lower body workouts. Why do you feel total body workouts are more effective? It seems to me that the workout volume would start to be too much to recover from. Thanks.

bc i would rather see someone lift 3 full body days a week and be able to sprint, and do light activitites on the off days, a different cns stimulus then see someone train 6 days a week on a two way split. also if one wants to implement an exercise like deadlifts, and u do them hard do u put them on upper body day or lower body day? i say since it uses so much mass from so many parts of the body that for me it would be a complete back exercise(no need to work lats and traps seperately) as well as quads, and minor hamstrings, id throw on some addition sldls to kill off the hammies but u've hit so many body parts

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear