advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's talk about guys that got out of the game early and sort of disappeared - why, and where are they now?

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series is alive and well, it seems?
His name, yes. The supplement company like most took a huge loss during COVID like many companies. I do some work with the agency he used when he took off and got in all the GNC’s, etc. According to them he ran out of money when COVID hit. They’ve either scaled back to a small shop or sold out (I believe is what happened) to a VC firm. That’s why he’s not all over the website as he used to be. Just his name in the branding.

How do you like Atlanta? That's one of the places I've thought about moving to
I’ve lived here all my life so might be biased but it’s a great balance hence I’ve always stayed here and rooted my business here. It’s changed some in the past few years, but one of the top places in the country still IMO.

But ask me later today once it’s a 100 degrees with this damn humidity and I might change my mind. LOL

I worked out at Main Event Fitness here in Atlanta back when Trey used to go there. Lex Luger used to own that gym way back. Trey was a massive dude, but I was disappointed watching him train with short quarter/half reps, but he lifted heavy AF. I guess it did the job for him. He used to drive up in a black Escalade with loud hip hop lol. He had a camera crew there one day - pretty cool. Anyway, I asked him if he was competing again that year (not sure what year) and he was pretty easy to talk to. Said he was competing and just wanted to come in bigger and more shredded. I think that was at his peak.

He just disappeared. I saw later he did some guest posing and looked like a the Michelin Man. He just never came back from that. Last I saw, he was at Titanz gym outside Atlanta. He got into coaching and firefighting. Haven't heard anything else about him in over 10 years. Promising dude, but couldn't get his dieting together I guess.

Just curious if anyone knows what happened to Mark Dagdel? I think that's he's last name, he became a pro by winning a national show as a light heavy, at 5'6

Just curious if anyone knows what happened to Mark Dagdel? I think that's he's last name, he became a pro by winning a national show as a light heavy, at 5'6
Mark Dugdale - I mostly remember him when he was more of a regular writing stuff for T-Nation years back, but looking now doesn't seem he's too active (articles or his YouTube, etc). His website says he retired from competition in 2017.

Mark Dugdale is retired. He competed well into his forties.

Emerald Cup - NPC, MiddleWeight, 3rd

USA Championships - NPC, MiddleWeight, 12th

Nationals - NPC, MiddleWeight, 6th

Nationals - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 9th

Los Angeles Championships - NPC, Overall Winner
Los Angeles Championships - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 1st
USA Championships - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 3rd

USA Championships - NPC, Overall Winner
USA Championships - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 1st

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 9th
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 8th
San Francisco Pro - IFBB, 6th

Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 5th

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 11th
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 2nd
Olympia - IFBB, Did not place

Europa Supershow - IFBB, Open, 9th
Tampa Pro Championships - IFBB, Open, 13th

Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 8th
New York Pro Championships - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 4th
Pittsburgh Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
Sacramento Pro - IFBB, 6th

Detroit Pro Championships - IFBB, 4th

Tampa Pro Championships - IFBB, Open, 4th

Desert Muscle Classic - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
Flex Pro (Santa Monica) - IFBB, 7th

New York Pro Championships - IFBB, LightWeight, 3rd
Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 10th
Phoenix Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
Toronto Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd

Mozolani Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 4th
Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 12th
Phoenix Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
Toronto Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 3rd
UK Bodypower Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 3rd

Phoenix Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 5th

Arctic Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 1st
Chicago Pro Championships - IFBB, LightWeight, 1st
Korean Grand Prix - IFBB, 8th
Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 11th
Toronto Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 4th
Vancouver Pro Championships - IFBB, LightWeight, 1st

Arctic Pro - IFBB, LightWeight, 1st
Vancouver Pro Championships - IFBB, LightWeight, 3rd

I’ve lived here all my life so might be biased but it’s a great balance hence I’ve always stayed here and rooted my business here. It’s changed some in the past few years, but one of the top places in the country still IMO.

But ask me later today once it’s a 100 degrees with this damn humidity and I might change my mind. LOL
I'm in Arizona so 100 degrees sounds pleasant, lol. I just wanna live somewhere with more trees

A lot of these guys competed for a long time. I wouldn't say they "got out of the game early" unless your definition of early is at least a decade.
And I'm not sure how a bodybuilding career is supposed to "end" but they pretty much do a "last show" and then you don't really hear or see from them anymore because no one is any longer interested.
Stan McQuay - competed at least from 1998 to 2017
Santi Aragon - competed at least from 2007 to 2020
Branden Ray - competed at least from 2006 to 2017
Jason Huh- competed at least from 2004 to 2013
Frank McGrath- competed at least from 2001 to 2015
Lionel Beyeke- competed at least from 2008 to 2020
I agree a lot of those guys competed for a lot more years / shows than I thought. Thanks for pointing that out, and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to anyone implying that they didn't have a complete or fulfilling career. You just sort of feel like guys will be around forever, especially some are, and others stay more in the public with social media and things like that. I mean Seth Feroce has been done competing for a while but because of his podcast / social media etc. he still feels "around"

Another guy I was thinking of was Cody Montogomery. I really loved his physique, I think he said something about not wanting to do what he would have had to get the size to be competitive.

BTW on another note, Shelby. The interview you did with Dave Palumbo when you won your IFBB pro card is probably one of my most favorite and motivating pieces of audio. I have it on my playlist and probably listen to it at least once a day, or any time even the slightest thought creeps in og maybe taking it easy for a day.

Another guy I was thinking of was Cody Montogomery. I really loved his physique, I think he said something about not wanting to do what he would have had to get the size to be competitive.
Montgomery got scared out of competing by Dallas McCarver's death. He was just about to go back on and prep for a show but that pushed him out of it.

Montgomery does have a legacy nobody will beat with his teenage nationals wins since - nobody can touch it since they raise the age limit.

Certain guys have had bad health issues which they didn't disclose. You can't really blame them because the average social media user seems to love it when bodybuilders have health issues. Gives them even more reason to hate on them and tell them it was their own doing etc. Many mentioned had great careers but they were on a downward path so there was no point carrying on competing. They have been mentioned but when I think of this thread subject names such as Trey Brewer, Justin Compton and Cody Montogomery come to mind. Zack Khan wasn't the same after his injury. He was also a complete tit though. I remember he asked my ex gf to come to his gym and she said no so he started sending her abuse :eek:

Certain guys have had bad health issues which they didn't disclose. You can't really blame them because the average social media user seems to love it when bodybuilders have health issues. Gives them even more reason to hate on them and tell them it was their own doing etc. Many mentioned had great careers but they were on a downward path so there was no point carrying on competing. They have been mentioned but when I think of this thread subject names such as Trey Brewer, Justin Compton and Cody Montogomery come to mind. Zack Khan wasn't the same after his injury. He was also a complete tit though. I remember he asked my ex gf to come to his gym and she said no so he started sending her abuse :eek:

Safe to assume half these guys knew very little and did very little to mitigate health consequences.

All gas, no brakes. So many walking around with high blood pressure, high RHR, high blood glucose, high hematocrit, etc.

BP meds, blood sugar meds, CPAPs, devices (Fitbit/oura rings/etc), you name it. Only a fraction of guys even considered this stuff.

John O’Regan ruined a bunch of young guys early on. I was duped by him for a year or so when I was younger. The shit he would confess is INSANE. I’d bet money he’s the main contributor to Dallas McCarver’s death. Most people point at Matt Jansen and/or Chad, but if you know about you O’Regan, you know.

So while we are on the topic of this, is it just me or is it like if a pro had some injury or other reasons for a long brake from hardcore supps, training etc they have a hard time regaining what they had size, shape etc ? its like they never really truly can get back what they had.

So while we are on the topic of this, is it just me or is it like if a pro had some injury or other reasons for a long brake from hardcore supps, training etc they have a hard time regaining what they had size, shape etc ? its like they never really truly can get back what they had.

Father Time gets everyone

I saw someone mention Seth Shaw and I wonder why he’s taken a step back. Insane frame for a white guy but never fully filled it out. He then spent years just becoming the equivalent of a dumb BBer meme influencer. Strange. But just goes to show u, for every 1 Mr USA that really pushes it hard in their pro career, there’s 7 or so more than fade away and kinda check that box of Pro and are done. Not saying that everyone wants or has to attempt to push on, just interesting when looking at the guys we remember

I saw someone mention Seth Shaw and I wonder why he’s taken a step back. Insane frame for a white guy but never fully filled it out. He then spent years just becoming the equivalent of a dumb BBer meme influencer. Strange. But just goes to show u, for every 1 Mr USA that really pushes it hard in their pro career, there’s 7 or so more than fade away and kinda check that box of Pro and are done. Not saying that everyone wants or has to attempt to push on, just interesting when looking at the guys we remember
Shaw has neck and nerve issues he's trying to fix.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws