advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's talk about guys that got out of the game early and sort of disappeared - why, and where are they now?

I worked out at Main Event Fitness here in Atlanta back when Trey used to go there. Lex Luger used to own that gym way back. Trey was a massive dude, but I was disappointed watching him train with short quarter/half reps, but he lifted heavy AF. I guess it did the job for him. He used to drive up in a black Escalade with loud hip hop lol. He had a camera crew there one day - pretty cool. Anyway, I asked him if he was competing again that year (not sure what year) and he was pretty easy to talk to. Said he was competing and just wanted to come in bigger and more shredded. I think that was at his peak.

He just disappeared. I saw later he did some guest posing and looked like a the Michelin Man. He just never came back from that. Last I saw, he was at Titanz gym outside Atlanta. He got into coaching and firefighting. Haven't heard anything else about him in over 10 years. Promising dude, but couldn't get his dieting together I guess.

Pretty sure that is Trey. His given name is William.

Pretty sure that is Trey. His given name is William.

That’s him. Still a big dude. Hats off for finding fulfilling work.

That’s him. Still a big dude. Hats off for finding fulfilling work.

When you run Cardiac calls every shift it tends to dampen your desire to be as huge as possible. I was doing a 12 lead to check for ST elevation on a real thick military dude and he looked right at me and said "Your next bro."

Whatever happened to the Atlanta guy Darryl Stafford. He burst on the scene, got the usual "Future..." write ups in the mags and then disappeared.

Speaking of Atlanta, Curly Top never had a chance after his last bust. Shabazz and Rowe just couldn't cut it in the pro ranks. Rowe later went into a coma.
Paul Baker in Florida is another one was a true mass monster, but a few years ago he went into a coma and when he came out, he dropped a lot of weight, invested a lot in cardio, and is overall very happy and looking better. Still very big though. Works out with some white guy that is big too sometimes. Not sure what caused the comas in him or Rowe.

Shabazz and Rowe just couldn't cut it in the pro ranks.
I remember Rashid Shabazz. Apparently threw everything into a car and went to Animal Kingdom to meet Lee Haney, who gave him a job there.

There were two dudes I remember closer to my age (39) that were insanely massive super young...Ukranian, perhaps or Slavic? I know one guy's name was Alexey Lusokov (sp) or similar, the other might have been Andrey or something. He had longer hair. I'm on mobile but ill look it up in a bit. I remember lots of hype around them in the early 2000s and then they just sort of vaporized lol. Does anyone recall these guys and or what happened to them?

There were two dudes I remember closer to my age (39) that were insanely massive super young...Ukranian, perhaps or Slavic? I know one guy's name was Alexey Lusokov (sp) or similar, the other might have been Andrey or something. He had longer hair. I'm on mobile but ill look it up in a bit. I remember lots of hype around them in the early 2000s and then they just sort of vaporized lol. Does anyone recall these guys and or what happened to them?
Or the Russian Fedor that claimed he trained in a graveyard.

Lesukov never lived up to the hype

Or the Russian Fedor that claimed he trained in a graveyard.
Alexy Federov tore a a pec, competed with it for a couple years, then retired for a long time. He came back and did a few shows in 2015 and took third at the Orlando Europa. He retired a few years later.

Both of them are Russian. Alexey has my all time favorite physique, just so thick and dense and as you say even from a young age he was massive. He never managed to do anything as a pro and seemed to always come in lacking condition. I follow him on Instagram, him and his mrs now live in Dubai and he seems to be doing well. Andrey Skoromnyy I assume is the other guy, I always thought he would do big things too but just seemed to stop competing. They are both still massive.

Both of them are Russian. Alexey has my all time favorite physique, just so thick and dense and as you say even from a young age he was massive. He never managed to do anything as a pro and seemed to always come in lacking condition. I follow him on Instagram, him and his mrs now live in Dubai and he seems to be doing well. Andrey Skoromnyy I assume is the other guy, I always thought he would do big things too but just seemed to stop competing. They are both still massive.
thanks for the info Biohazard, and yeah you are right, it was Andrey Skoromny, both of those guys looked insane and so young. Thanks for making me not feel like an idiot for trying to remember who they were.

I remember Rashid Shabazz. Apparently threw everything into a car and went to Animal Kingdom to meet Lee Haney, who gave him a job there.
Roc Shabazz has his own high end fitness studio now in Atlanta and is Shaq’s personal trainer. Not a shabby career after bodybuilding. I got a few workouts in with him in my younger days when he was a pro. Guy trained hard.

Richard Jones was kind of built like Shawn Ray, Jeff Long like Cutler.

I wonder what happened to Adam Ramsey? He had a bright future back in the day and then just disappeared. Same with YoungGuns from EF.

I worked out at Main Event Fitness here in Atlanta back when Trey used to go there. Lex Luger used to own that gym way back. Trey was a massive dude, but I was disappointed watching him train with short quarter/half reps, but he lifted heavy AF. I guess it did the job for him. He used to drive up in a black Escalade with loud hip hop lol. He had a camera crew there one day - pretty cool. Anyway, I asked him if he was competing again that year (not sure what year) and he was pretty easy to talk to. Said he was competing and just wanted to come in bigger and more shredded. I think that was at his peak.

He just disappeared. I saw later he did some guest posing and looked like a the Michelin Man. He just never came back from that. Last I saw, he was at Titanz gym outside Atlanta. He got into coaching and firefighting. Haven't heard anything else about him in over 10 years. Promising dude, but couldn't get his dieting together I guess.
Yep, a friend of mine works with him on the Atlanta Fire Department. Says he’s big, but like a country boy fat big now. Always keeps a stash of candy/high carb food around because he’s afraid of going hypo on the job

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws