advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

low test a pre-existing condition if you switch insurance?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have high blood pressure and low test levels. Im thinking that my low test is probably from using prohormones in the past for wayyy to long.

I would like to see a doc and maybe get on some kind of med to control my high BP, and maybe get trt if needed since I have very little energy and libido.

But I have one concern.

If i am diagnosed with hypogonadism or high blood pressure, couldnt this come back to bite me if I ever change jobs/insurance? For example...

Say John works for Target. While at target he has regular insurance, and pays $90 every 2 weeks for it from his pay check. DUring this time he is diagnosed with low test and high blood pressure and his insurance stays at $90 every 2 weeks. After 2 years he switches jobs and works for Walmart.

Susan and Mike also start at Walmart the same time that John does. When it comes time to enroll for insurance, Susan and Mike will have to pay $90 every 2 weeks out of their pay check. But because John has high blood pressure and low test (pre-existing conditions??) he has to pay $150 every 2 weeks out of his pay check.

All these numbers are just hypothetical. But am I correct in getting diagnosed with high BP or low test could cause you to have to pay more for insurance in the future?

I have no idea how these things work (pre-existing conditions)....

It could technically work out like that, but typically no. Now, if you enroll in your own personal health insurance it will likely cost you more because of those "pre-existing conditions". Whereas with insurance through an employer it generally will only depend upon the number of people on your plan...but then again it depends upon the employer and insurance company. So really the only answer is call and talk to the insurance company. I hope this helps

Whereas with insurance through an employer it generally will only depend upon the number of people on your plan...but then again it depends upon the employer and insurance company.
This. Target and walmart are HUGE employers. They most likely have everyone paying the same rates.

When you try to get insurance on your own is where you get raped on pre existing conditions. From what I remember obamacare should be eliminating most of that problem in 2014 (maybe something you can thank him for ;)).

The only time you have to worry about pre existing conditions is when you have been diagnosed with a condtion and get treatment for it and then you go uninsured for a period of time. From what I understand about the laws as they stood, things may be different now with the new health care our congress finally passed thank god, they can then deny you treatment for a period up to 12 months long. If you never experience a lapse in coverage they can never legally deny you any treatment that is covered under the plan for everyone else.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws