over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Lat Development

Brock456

Registered
Newbies
Back has always been a weak point for me as an ecto. Been incorporating DC rows, DC weighted stretch post workout. But really trying to get that lower lat development where the lat starts almost at the oblique/lower ribs

Been also doing HS iso lateral row, standing, bracing with hand on the pad, and pulling as far back as possible.

One arm pull down like this also.

Twisting or leaning to the side to move the weight as opposed to contracting the lat is something i avoid. Keeping sternum up through out the movement allows me to get a better contraction, especially towards the end of the movement. I find it is more about getting the shoulder rotated back and down with the chest up matters more then the movement.

Reverse grip pulldown with a close grip. Focus on driving the elbows down and in. Only focus on the elbows as your cue.
You know you're doing it correctly if you don't have a pump in your Biceps after several working sets.

Any movement pulling the elbow toward your belt and contracting the muscle will stimulate it. I would say its more about the mind muscle connection and there are a variety of exercises to accomplish this. Like Slayer said the reverse pull down is a good exercise for lower lat. Go light enough to pull down and get a full contraction. Whenever I see bodybuilder with high lats I feel they go too heavy and don't fully contract their lower lat with movements and get more stimulus up top.

Do lat pulldowns (with a bar) with palms facing away using a close to medium grip. This takes some of the stimulus off the teres and rhomboids and allows you to get a better stretch and contraction on the entire lats, especially the lower region. Keep elbows flared out to the sides throughout the entire movement. Do not allow the elbows to tuck in. This can mean using less weight! Genetics dictates where your lats insert but you can further stimulate where they are inserted ( lower region) with this exercise. Perform 5-6 work sets of this one exercise each week to maximize gains. The nautilus pullover machine Dorian Yates used during his competitive years also destroys the lower lats.

I definitely agree that your muscle insertion/genetics or body shape whatever you want to call it is going to be somewhat of a determining factor in the end but these are some good tips. I usually just row the shit out of my back at multiple angles! 🤪

You won't ever if you don't have the insertion low, just look at Dorian Yates then look at Dennis Wolf

then look at Kai Greene

lower lats attach at his glutes lol

Do lat pulldowns (with a bar) with palms facing away using a close to medium grip. This takes some of the stimulus off the teres and rhomboids and allows you to get a better stretch and contraction on the entire lats, especially the lower region. Keep elbows flared out to the sides throughout the entire movement. Do not allow the elbows to tuck in. This can mean using less weight! Genetics dictates where your lats insert but you can further stimulate where they are inserted ( lower region) with this exercise. Perform 5-6 work sets of this one exercise each week to maximize gains. The nautilus pullover machine Dorian Yates used during his competitive years also destroys the lower lats.

I wish, I know of 1 gym that has that and it’s like 45 min from me.

No gyms have that machine anymore. Such a classic machine

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner