over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Made what seems like a solid diet..

Slim2Stout

Newbies
... for me. Using Katch-McArdle equation - added 500kcal to my 'maintenance' for my activity level to bulk.

Background: Mid-low 20s, 6'6 235 12%

10yrs lifting experience; almost all football related. Played 4 years college as well; so I'm new to strictly bodybuilding.. I've been experimenting a little for the past year (this fall was my first year w/o football since I started lifting!) with DC and other stuff; but I'm trying to get on a solid plan.

In the past, I went all by feel with my diets for the most part and had good results (best being 248lb, ~9%). But I've been getting slammed lately with exams (all day studying) and my diet has suffered drastically.

So, I made the attached for myself to stay on track diet wise.

The lifting schedule has worked well for me. The only problem I'm having is fitting my rack deadlifts in somewhere that won't over work my lower back. deadlifts from the floor destroy my lower back - I guess my arms are shorter compared to my body.

For the past 6ish years, reps have been relatively low when I lift on my own.. working sets usually 3-6 reps on most base exercises. I recently changed that to about 6-10 on most base exercises; and legs aiming for 12-20.

Finally, as you can see, I used a 50/35/15 ratio.. I'm trying to decide if I should go to 40/40/20 c/p/f. I just started doing cardio for the first time regularly since football; and I always respond well to higher carbs.. I guess we'll see!

I know it's long but I just wanted to get the info down for you! Criticize me please.

Attachments

• Plan.jpg
    Plan.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 125
Forgot my goals:

Initially, I'd like to get back up to about 245 ASAP w/ the same (or lower :D)bf%.. I'd say like 3 months should be plenty if I can stick to this. I tend to grow well up to about that point in weight when I stick to it.. that's the hard part with my schedule.

Also, no plans on competing.

Where did you find this diet/program

Did you pay someone for this? Is it out of a magazine? What are your goals? What kind of time restrictions do you have with school/work, etc.? To be honest the workout program makes no sense to me IMO, but everyone has their thing. Can you provide a little more info?

Did you pay someone for this? Is it out of a magazine? What are your goals? What kind of time restrictions do you have with school/work, etc.? To be honest the workout program makes no sense to me IMO, but everyone has their thing. Can you provide a little more info?
Pretty much just made it up myself.. took the foods i normally eat, threw some veggies in w/ the olive oil and that's about it. I made it in excel, printed to an image file, and then had to cut down the size big time cause it was like 2500 pixels.. that's why it looks like it was copied in a copy machine.. I can post up the original spreadsheet if you'd like. It has all the foods listed w/ the macros for 1 serving. That way I can mess around w/ the macros quickly.

The workout - it's just been pretty much what i've always done. 6 days a week, the body parts are spread nicely (chest & shoulders, back and bis, etc).

School and work.. what do you mean restrictions? Just a typical college school schedule, work 4 days a week for a few hours. Classes are just hard as hell and I study a looooooot - so I was stuggling w/ the eating cause I had no plan.. I mentioned some stuff in the 2nd post if you missed it btw.

Pretty much just made it up myself.. took the foods i normally eat, threw some veggies in w/ the olive oil and that's about it. I made it in excel, printed to an image file, and then had to cut down the size big time cause it was like 2500 pixels.. that's why it looks like it was copied in a copy machine.. I can post up the original spreadsheet if you'd like. It has all the foods listed w/ the macros for 1 serving. That way I can mess around w/ the macros quickly.

The workout - it's just been pretty much what i've always done. 6 days a week, the body parts are spread nicely (chest & shoulders, back and bis, etc).

School and work.. what do you mean restrictions? Just a typical college school schedule, work 4 days a week for a few hours. Classes are just hard as hell and I study a looooooot - so I was stuggling w/ the eating cause I had no plan.. I mentioned some stuff in the 2nd post if you missed it btw.

That answers the restrictions, but your just wanting to add 10lbs fast and drop body fat?

Up your cardio/decrease your carbs a bit.

... for me. Using Katch-McArdle equation - added 500kcal to my 'maintenance' for my activity level to bulk.

Background: Mid-low 20s, 6'6 235 12%

10yrs lifting experience; almost all football related. Played 4 years college as well; so I'm new to strictly bodybuilding.. I've been experimenting a little for the past year (this fall was my first year w/o football since I started lifting!) with DC and other stuff; but I'm trying to get on a solid plan.

In the past, I went all by feel with my diets for the most part and had good results (best being 248lb, ~9%). But I've been getting slammed lately with exams (all day studying) and my diet has suffered drastically.

So, I made the attached for myself to stay on track diet wise.

The lifting schedule has worked well for me. The only problem I'm having is fitting my rack deadlifts in somewhere that won't over work my lower back. deadlifts from the floor destroy my lower back - I guess my arms are shorter compared to my body.

For the past 6ish years, reps have been relatively low when I lift on my own.. working sets usually 3-6 reps on most base exercises. I recently changed that to about 6-10 on most base exercises; and legs aiming for 12-20.

Finally, as you can see, I used a 50/35/15 ratio.. I'm trying to decide if I should go to 40/40/20 c/p/f. I just started doing cardio for the first time regularly since football; and I always respond well to higher carbs.. I guess we'll see!

I know it's long but I just wanted to get the info down for you! Criticize me please.

Every body responds differently to nutrition,( it looks solid) keep a diary and check bodyfat every 2 weeks. Take measurements and keep us inform with your results.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws