over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnesium Bisglycinate

It's just an absorption thing

Regular oxide can cause upset stomach in some people, I also want to see if it has a better impact on reducing a racy mind (COMT dysfunction from AAS use; dopamine & other NTs getting a little wacked)
Have you done any research into 9-methyl-beta carboline? I have some dopamine funkiness occasionally too and typically I supplement with micro doses of caber once a week to help with that. This year I've taken 3 separate month long breaks from caber and ran 9-me-BC daily low dose and I do believe it has been regenerative for my dopamine circuit.

During those months I was also able to reduce my caffeine intake without withdrawal which I would typically get (headaches and extreme fatigue if I wasn't on the beta carb).

Of course ymmv...

My prolactin also elevates just on 300mg testosterone and on the 9-me-BC it did not go up even when the caber was removed...

Apologies for the thread drift :O

Theres too many damn magnesiums. Is glycinate better than chelate? Which one is the best?

I used that plus 6oz of tonic water to help me flush fluid i was retaining. Seemed solid and now part of my regimen

Have you done any research into 9-methyl-beta carboline? I have some dopamine funkiness occasionally too and typically I supplement with micro doses of caber once a week to help with that. This year I've taken 3 separate month long breaks from caber and ran 9-me-BC daily low dose and I do believe it has been regenerative for my dopamine circuit.

During those months I was also able to reduce my caffeine intake without withdrawal which I would typically get (headaches and extreme fatigue if I wasn't on the beta carb).

Of course ymmv...

I haven't tbh, not too familiar with it. I did some reading after you mentioned it; looks to be promising

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22380576/:

"Our results demonstrate that beyond its neuroprotective/neurorestorative and anti-inflammatory effects, 9-me-BC acts as a cognitive enhancer in a hippocampus-dependent task, and that the behavioral effects may be associated with a stimulatory impact on hippocampal dopamine levels and dendritic and synaptic proliferation."

Granted it's just an abstract, but still

To be honest, I'm just guessing the cause of that anxiety at the more base level COMT related; something I originally read Dr. Dean St Mart talk about in relation of restlessness/anxiety from PED use. And taking a little magnesium for it is a very basic solution, at the very least it'll fulfill any magnesium deficiency from diet.

Once we start getting into targeting specific things for neurotransmitter function; that's when I'd be too much of a wuss to try anything. There's just not enough data for dosage, and no way to test for things like dopamine clearance time.

I have a lot of homework to do in this area

Theres too many damn magnesiums. Is glycinate better than chelate? Which one is the best?

Glycinate is less problematic digestion wise; glycine is also known for it's calming properties

Mag L-threonate is used in a lot of neuroplasticity studies; has much better blood brain barrier crossover effects

At the end of the day, it's just nitpicking a lot of things. As long as you get enough magnesium; either through diet, or supplementation.

11 days on Mag Glycinate (420 mgs pre bed, Amazon Elements brand)

Calm as a cucumber again, no other changes. Thought it might be worth sharing, cheap inexpensive thing to try if one had similar complaints

Calm as a cucumber again, no other changes. Thought it might be worth sharing, cheap inexpensive thing to try if one had similar complaints

that’s the brand I’m using too.

I find the mental effects worthwhile too, it is like a sedative almost for you mentally, which I welcome because my mind is constantly racing itself.

Don't buy the powdered stuff by NOW brand.

It tastes like rotten fish. Absolutely putrid shit!

Don't buy the powdered stuff by NOW brand.

It tastes like rotten fish. Absolutely putrid shit!
I haven't tried one that tastes great though to be fair. The three brands I've tried have a taste slightly resembling...poop.

It's the glycine because it's the same kind of poop umami taste as freeform amigos have.

I haven't tried one that tastes great though to be fair. The three brands I've tried have a taste slightly resembling...poop.

It's the glycine because it's the same kind of poop umami taste as freeform amigos have.

The magnesium glycinate tabs they used to have worked just as good. Why they discontinued them I will never understand.

The magnesium glycinate tabs they used to have worked just as good. Why they discontinued them I will never understand.
I do an early AM and pre workout shake with magnesium, salt, whey, simple carbs, MCTs so the powder is best for me. But I could see how caps/tabs would be convenient without shakes in your diet.

I do an early AM and pre workout shake with magnesium, salt, whey, simple carbs, MCTs so the powder is best for me. But I could see how caps/tabs would be convenient without shakes in your diet.

You sir are a champ if you can stomach all that mixed into a shake! MCT mixed with karbolyn alone makes me vomit.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131