over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your daily Magnesium dosage?

Make your own ZMA with Zinc Picolinate... consider adding L-Theanine, Apigenin, Sensoril. ZMA is an obsolete formula from 20+yrs ago with inferior salts.

I take Magnesium L-Threonate 144-150mg typically in the morning.
350-400mg Magnesium Glycinate prior to bed - usually within 30min of my last meal. Occasionally I get into the 500-600mg range if I take 100-200mg post workout.
Does the 150mgs Threonate get you tired in any way?

Just watched a video from the Joe Rogan podcast saying that Threonate was superior. Thanks in advance for the information.

Does the 150mgs Threonate get you tired in any way?

Just watched a video from the Joe Rogan podcast saying that Threonate was superior. Thanks in advance for the information.
Not at all.. it crosses the blood brain barrier and is said to improve cognition and brain health. I do not notice much of a nootropic type effect - but I do believe in the potential health benefits. While magnesium in itself can promote relaxation, the salt (threonate, glycinate, taurate etc) can often make the difference in the mechanism of action.

Make your own ZMA with Zinc Picolinate... consider adding L-Theanine, Apigenin, Sensoril. ZMA is an obsolete formula from 20+yrs ago with inferior salts.

I take Magnesium L-Threonate 144-150mg typically in the morning.
350-400mg Magnesium Glycinate prior to bed - usually within 30min of my last meal. Occasionally I get into the 500-600mg range if I take 100-200mg post workout.
I should also add that for digestive health, Zinc L-carnosine is great. I take 30mg picolinate daily with Quercefit and 15mg pf Zinc L-Carnosine.

5mg per pound of bodyweight is the general rule of thumb to work up to. OR bowel tolerance.

Magnesium type is everything-

Magnesium Malate- 400mg with breakfast. This is more of an energizing form of magnesium and great for pre-workout.

Magnesium Glycinate- 400mg with dinner or meal 6. This form as stated above is very absorbable and calming to the muscle and nervousness system so makes it great to use later in the day for recovery.

I would just avoid oxide as it has a very low absorption rate and magnesium citrate will flush you out as a laxative and also has a low absorption rate.

Magnesium Taurate is another solid option if you can’t find Malate as it’s magnesium bonded with taurine as the carrier so excellent for the heart.

i take 500mg magbis 3 times a day.

5mg per pound of bodyweight is the general rule of thumb to work up to. OR bowel tolerance.

Magnesium type is everything-

Magnesium Malate- 400mg with breakfast. This is more of an energizing form of magnesium and great for pre-workout.

Magnesium Glycinate- 400mg with dinner or meal 6. This form as stated above is very absorbable and calming to the muscle and nervousness system so makes it great to use later in the day for recovery.

I would just avoid oxide as it has a very low absorption rate and magnesium citrate will flush you out as a laxative and also has a low absorption rate.

Magnesium Taurate is another solid option if you can’t find Malate as it’s magnesium bonded with taurine as the carrier so excellent for the heart.
There is also Magnesium Orotate which is specific for heart as I recall. It is much harder to find but not impossible.

I got the chelated magnesium glycinate by Qunol and I took it for the first time last night and slept better and deeper than I have in a while. I took 900mg.

I got the chelated magnesium glycinate by Qunol and I took it for the first time last night and slept better and deeper than I have in a while. I took 900mg.
Weird, I looked them up and can't find a chelated version nor can I find a way their dosages can equate to 900mg.

As a side note, everyone should make sure they looking at the figure that indicated chelated magnesium. For example, glycinate is often 11 or 20 ish % magnesium with the rest of it being the salt. Another example is 2000mg Magnesium L-Threonate is 144mg Magnesium(elemental)/actual.

Weird, I looked them up and can't find a chelated version nor can I find a way their dosages can equate to 900mg.

As a side note, everyone should make sure they looking at the figure that indicated chelated magnesium. For example, glycinate is often 11 or 20 ish % magnesium with the rest of it being the salt. Another example is 2000mg Magnesium L-Threonate is 144mg Magnesium(elemental)/actual.
Hey Knight, I got it from Walmart and the recommended dose is 2 tabs that equals 450mg if I'm not mistaken(don't have it with me at the moment to confirm). I took 4 tabs in about a 5 hour time span before bed. I may cut it back as I feel I can take less for the same benefits..ie 2-3tabs or 450-675mg. also I looked up the orotate and may consider this type or taurate since they are supposed to be better for heart health. Thanks for all of your research and help you share Bro!!

I take a chelated form of magnesium bisglycinate by 1-body (see photo above). But he said glycinate. Other than absorption, is there a difference? Glycinate vs bisglycinate?

Hey Knight, I got it from Walmart and the recommended dose is 2 tabs that equals 450mg if I'm not mistaken(don't have it with me at the moment to confirm). I took 4 tabs in about a 5 hour time span before bed. I may cut it back as I feel I can take less for the same benefits..ie 2-3tabs or 450-675mg. also I looked up the orotate and may consider this type or taurate since they are supposed to be better for heart health. Thanks for all of your research and help you share Bro!!
Agree. Elvia, Knight9, and heavyhitter are about as good as it gets when it comes to micros and supps. On any board or social media anywhere.

I take a chelated form of magnesium bisglycinate by 1-body (see photo above). But he said glycinate. Other than absorption, is there a difference? Glycinate vs bisglycinate?
Magnesium glycinate, diglycinate and bisglycinate refer to the same chemical compound. The name bisglycinate more accurately describes the structure of the compound because this compound has one Magnesium ion in association with two glycinate ions. No difference.

Magnesium glycinate, diglycinate and bisglycinate refer to the same chemical compound. The name bisglycinate more accurately describes the structure of the compound because this compound has one Magnesium ion in association with two glycinate ions. No difference.
Correct, beat me to it. Thanks for the kind words in posts above gentleman.

I'm about to increase to 800mg from 400mg. I just found out today that it is helping with these clenbuterol shakes dramatically!! Which I am super thankful for!! Usually I take 400mg right before bed but I think I might try one in the morning and one at night.

I'm about to increase to 800mg from 400mg. I just found out today that it is helping with these clenbuterol shakes dramatically!! Which I am super thankful for!! Usually I take 400mg right before bed but I think I might try one in the morning and one at night.
Signs of magnesium deficiency include muscle twitches, tremors, and cramps. All this coincidentally gets exacerbated by Clen.

I get just 88mg actual elemental magnesium (minus the bisglycinate salt) and that does just fine. Some days I do a double dose morning and night. Deeper sleep, far fewer muscle cramps. It would def make my top list for sure. Zinc, magnesium, selenium, ALCAR (which I use Synthetine instead), K2, and Vit C.

I get just 88mg actual elemental magnesium (minus the bisglycinate salt) and that does just fine. Some days I do a double dose morning and night. Deeper sleep, far fewer muscle cramps. It would def make my top list for sure. Zinc, magnesium, selenium, ALCAR (which I use Synthetine instead), K2, and Vit C.
When you look at the the prototypical diet of the majority of bodybuilders (which more often than not severely lacks variety) the Magnesium intake is pathetically low on average. I firmly believe that supplementation becomes a must.
I don't know many people regularly including foods like pumpkin seeds and cacao nibs in their daily regimen, not to mention that strenuous exercise does increase its demand.

That i agree with you 😀 but its not wrong to learn more from more experience people i mean that's why we post to learn isent it?. Ex when i take 100mg magnesium with every meal i never seem to get diarrhea but if i do 300mg i one meal i get it. so its not a bad question
There is nothing wrong with your question, I can't understand the replies to it.

Taking lower doses repeatedly vs a larger dose once is preventing the osmotic diarrhea effect the latter dosing can cause. Each person is different for what dose will cause diarrhea, but if taking lower doses repeatedly is doable for you, then I would go with that.

Of course, using the high dose to clean the pipes has its benefit too.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws