over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

marvel comics Thor movie

I wouldnt mind gerard butler personally, because he obviously has the crazy warrior act down. But I think hes already filming the 300 prequel right now? And yeah its gonna be hard for them to match the height as well. According to the comics, thor is 6'6" tall and about 300 pounds of muscle in the most recent version. All of the other asgardians are huge as well..so I think cgi will have to definately be used somehow. If youve watched the lord of the rings then you can see how well it can be used today without making them look too fake (height wise). If yall want to see a huge thor then why not get titan off the american gladiators to play him lol :D ..

Come to think of it, are there any BBers in the pro ranks that are 6'6 and ripped at 300?

Come to think of it, are there any BBers in the pro ranks that are 6'6 and ripped at 300?

how tall is dennis wolf lol? Just imagine if noah steere could act..hes 6'6" 350 **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I have always been a big fan of the Hulk. I think Jay Cutler would make the perfect Hulk. Just dye his hair dark and paint him green. Instead, in both movies it wasn't even a real person.

The guy that played Beowulf could be a good Thor.

Of course HHH would make a perfect thor but hollywood wouldn't touch him. I am disgusted at how my DC and MARVEL heroes have been portrayed by these jokers. Thor is huge and muscular almost like a high level national caliber bb'r. Look what they did to superman....yeah i'm sorry christopher reeves is dead but he had no business playing superman. even through his costume you can see the DC superman is olympia material. The few times they got it right really made the movies more enjoyable for me. Dolph Lundgren was a damn good Punisher and Arnold was adequate as conan but brad pitt couldn't even carry thor's hammer. And don't even get me started on the whimpy fucks that they choose for Batman....they have to design rubber muscle suits instead of filling the role with somebody that even looks like they know what the inside of a gym looks like. Hell, i'd even take vin diesel over brad pitt. sorry boys....had to rant a bit on this one.

You know Tom, I'd even be happy if they'd just get rid of actors all together and do a high quality computer animated Superman movie that portrays him as the fuckin' beast he SHOULD be. I'd LOVE to see a Superman movie that shows the indestructable mover of planets instead of the pussy in tights they always have in the movies. Although, I will give them credit that in "Superman Returns", they actually gave him much more of the power that he should have. They just chose a crappy actor (once again) to play the man of steel.

Thor is supposed to be a god. Powerful, mighty, command attention. Big presence. Brad Pitt or Gerard Butler would be totally wrong for this part imo. I wanna see a big badass god. And not with some silly ab-suit. Too many times they have cast these things all wrong. Too bad Dennis Wolf doesn't act.

If there is any justice in this world...

Attachments

• 1451.jpg
    1451.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 915
If there is any justice in this world...

Justice?

'Avengers' Line-Up Confirmed, Hulk to Appear - News in Film

‘Avengers’ Line-Up Confirmed, Hulk to Appear
Published by Jeff Leins on: January 27th, 2010

In May 2008, just after Iron Man dominated the first summer weekend, Marvel announced an aggressive schedule to introduce stand-alone movies for their recognizable heroes that would culminate in the May 2012 movie The Avengers.

Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (???) were the obvious three. Plus Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), War Machine (Don Cheadle), and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) were probable options.

However, the Hulk’s membership was always questionable due to more than just its two lackluster box office attempts. Marvel Studio chief Kevin Feige has been playful about hinting that the “Hulk universe” would factor in, but not necessarily the angry green giant.

Luckily, Feige opened up a bit more to SFX Magazine (via SuperHeroHype). Here’s the juiciest quote from the interview, “Everyone loved [Iron Man]. It’s our job to do the same with Thor and Captain America two years from now, so by the time The Avengers comes in 2012 its not just a team super hero movie with a bunch of characters with powers, its three people, four including Hulk, five including Nick Fury-who you have seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time.”

Does that mean Edward Norton would reprise his role as Bruce Banner/Hulk, or would Marvel go for a third Banner inside a decade? Norton and the studio had a public falling out over the cut of 2008’s The Incredible Hulk that even led to the actor doing very little press for the summer release and releasing an official statement on the matter. There was also a bit of a writing credit dispute between Norton, who claims to have contributed to the script, and Zak Penn, who wrote the newest Hulk origin story and is writing the Avengers adventure.

Feige was asked directly if Norton would return and he responded, “I think there’s a chance, its certainly our intention to use the same actors from film to film where we can.”

Apart from continuity, I’d love to see him return to play the Hulk and I think most would agree. He’s an excellent actor and it’s not his fault the CGI green monster looked strange, or that the film was forgettable outside of a few action set pieces. It would make for one hell of an Avengers cast, and hopefully translate into a truly great movie. Though I especially liked fan speculation that the Hulk becomes the uncontrollable villain. Now that would be awesome.

Hollywood's version of Thor? Probably Tobey Maguire or some little queer.

this movie is going to be casting a "well known" smaller actor vs " a rather unknown" larger actor - why? becuase that's what will bring in the $$$$$ and thats what the movie biz is about. so don't be shocked to see brad pitt

fun fact: before casting Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, the part was offered to musician Glenn Danzig; a man who not only physically looks just like Wolverine (including his very short stature), but has that same attitude to match. He declined the roll because it would interfere with his tour schedule at the time.

Attachments

• r_glenn.jpg
    r_glenn.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3,822
If Dennis Wolf had longer hair, then maybe! lol

I give Hugh Jackman some credit for bulking up to fit the Wolverine role.. He worked very hard to get to that point for the sake of the role and I thought he looked pretty good for someone who hadn't been training for all that long.

Captain America

Channing Tatum Answers Never-Ending Casting Call for Captain America - E! Online

When it comes to Captain America, the proverbial casting couch is starting to seem more like a revolving door.

First, there was John Krasinski, though that idea went over about as well as a stapler in Jell-O (at least to Chace Crawford). Then, Ryan Phillippe and Chris Evans were thrown into the ring. Now comes word that a new man is leading the, well, leading men, joining the shortlist for the titular superhero role.

And those abs that man is Channing Tatum.

Tatum is the latest actor vying for the chance to wear the red, white and blue spandex in The First Avenger: Captain America, which begins production this June.

While most of the other contenders, including Mike Vogel and Garrett Hedlund, have screen-tested for the part, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Dear John's shirtless wonder has yet to even see a script, let alone read for the part, and was instead simply approached about the role.

Whoever ends up in the (very, very manly) tights, it's not the only role that has yet to be decided. Keira Knightley is in talks to play love interest Betsy Ross and Hugo Weaving is the main contender to play archenemy Red Skull.

Read more: Channing Tatum Answers Never-Ending Casting Call for Captain America - E! Online

It seems like Hollywood is done with bodybuilder type athletes as actors. I think they see these physiques as somehow artificial or not realistic.

Look at the movie 300 (a total physique glorifying movie), the guys were ripped but they weren't BB size at all.

It seems like Hollywood is done with bodybuilder type athletes as actors. I think they see these physiques as somehow artificial or not realistic.
Uhm.. they are artificial. Built with drugs.

You guy's whining is comical. What giant bodybuilding beast have you guys got hidden away that can actually act and has movie screen appeal? :rolleyes:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws