over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mattress Preference

Chrisco915

Registered
As you put on the size and the weight......what kind of mattress firmness do you prefer? I sleep on a firm mattress(King) normally and suffer very little hip, shoulder or lower back problems. The last couple nights I have been uprooted and sleeping on a much softer mattress. The pain in my lower back and legs is debilitating. Feels like my back is out. Takes hours for it to loosen up.

Preferences?

I have a Tempepedic. Love it. Ever since I wake up with no stiffness. It really doe makes a difference for me.

in 02, i bought a sterns n foster cardingham(3000$)
its plush but firm, i hate it, i wish i bought a concrete slab, at 300-350 even a steel base/spring combo would have flexed for me to support my back, i like to think i minor'd in chiro, i guess i just like to know why i hurt and how to fix myself.
i worked for mattress discounters for 3yr, made a killing as a delivery driver, but the single most important rule i learned, if you and yer spouse want a king, get 2 diff firmness twin XL beds, or in my case, 2 diff full xl, that equals a king +30% in width and the reg length. a big boy and a lil(ish) girl do not tolerate the same sleeping arrangements(usually).
frk

I have a Tempepedic. Love it. Ever since I wake up with no stiffness. It really doe makes a difference for me.

Yea ive heard those are a really good one..hey dragon did you get a pretty good deal on your set? Ive been wanting to get a temperpedic bed, but I know they're kinda pricey.

My old man was the purchasing manager for a huge mattress company when I was growing up. The "feel" of the bed , either plush or firm, has nothing to do with the support. You can have a firm bed with a weak coil system and a plush bed with the reinforced steel thick guaged coil that will give you superior support. They say in the biz, comfort is what you feel when you fall asleep and support is what you feel when you wake up. Sterns and Foster (owned by sealy) makes a great product..Very heavy duty construction in many levels of comfort. I also love temporpedic "memory foam" ..but it lacks the pressure you get from coils pushing back up against your spine. Some companies make a bed with a heavy coil and put a memory foam pillowtop on it...that is the way to go IMHO

Yea ive heard those are a really good one..hey dragon did you get a pretty good deal on your set? Ive been wanting to get a temperpedic bed, but I know they're kinda pricey.

Bought it directly from manufacture before they put label on it. Its not the temperpedic brand it is memory foam, but all the companies use about only 3 main manufacturers . I have a queen size if the thickets density foam. Set ran me less than $900 shipped to my home.

if it's 2 hard just put a comforter or eggcrate cushon inder the sheet, the important thing is the support like donvetos said

in 02, i bought a sterns n foster cardingham(3000$)
its plush but firm, i hate it, i wish i bought a concrete slab, at 300-350 even a steel base/spring combo would have flexed for me to support my back, i like to think i minor'd in chiro, i guess i just like to know why i hurt and how to fix myself.
i worked for mattress discounters for 3yr, made a killing as a delivery driver, but the single most important rule i learned, if you and yer spouse want a king, get 2 diff firmness twin XL beds, or in my case, 2 diff full xl, that equals a king +30% in width and the reg length. a big boy and a lil(ish) girl do not tolerate the same sleeping arrangements(usually).
frk

just added a 3 inch memory foam topper to the mattress. makes a huge difference.

i think this is the poor mans temperpedic.

Tempurpedic King, I have the one with the pillowtop and I will never use another bed.

After having what I thought was a great queen pillow top sterns and foster, I traded it in for a cheapo firm mattress and I couldn't be happier. No more hands, fingers, legs, or shoulders going numb, and no waking up every 2 hours because of it.

sleep number+a 3-inch memory foam=nothing better!!;)

memory foam

I have owned a memory foam mattres for 3 years and the memory foam has flattened out in the middle and dosen't return to it's original shape anymore. I think the memory foam mattress's are way over rated and over priced.

i also fell for the hype and bought a memory foam mattress (not tempurpedic though) and like you say bits just stay squashed now saving for a good sprung mattress! i saw this thread and was hopeing to find out what you guys thought was the best lol but personal preferance i guess, good advice though on support and sealy seem very popular with a lot of people,

The Sleep number beds are pretty nice. But you have to buy the higher end model.

My Chiropractor told me that his patients that have the sleep number beds have to come in for adjustments less often, and when they do, their adjustments are easier and things are less out of alignment than before they got the bed. Keep in mind this guy believes nothing works, so it kinda made me do a double take when he told me that.

Unless it's a real Tempurpedic, those cheap substitutes are just that, cheap.
I had one before I bought the real thing, and after 6 months it was squished and wouldn't return it's shape.
Waste of $100.

Believe it or not I sleep on the floor a lot for my back. Some say it is bad but it helps me.

As you put on the size and the weight......what kind of mattress firmness do you prefer? I sleep on a firm mattress(King) normally and suffer very little hip, shoulder or lower back problems. The last couple nights I have been uprooted and sleeping on a much softer mattress. The pain in my lower back and legs is debilitating. Feels like my back is out. Takes hours for it to loosen up.

Preferences?

Ive had the same mattress for too many years,,,plus many travels,,,never slept on good bed.

TEMPERPEDIC

I came home from one of my many trips to iraq a year or so ago, so fed up with sleeping on cots and beds made for tiny humans that I went out and dropped 5500 on a cali king temperpedic celeberity bed. best investment i ever made. when i am deployed, which is always 9 to 10 months a yr, i miss my bed more than anything else, including the wife. that is how much i love that bed.

I came home from one of my many trips to iraq a year or so ago, so fed up with sleeping on cots and beds made for tiny humans that I went out and dropped 5500 on a cali king temperpedic celeberity bed. best investment i ever made. when i am deployed, which is always 9 to 10 months a yr, i miss my bed more than anything else, including the wife. that is how much i love that bed.

I resemble this remark.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner