over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin and GH togethe

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who use Metformin and GH together regularly. Just wondering how many carbs your eating and when you take both. Has hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) been an issue with both?

I havent noticed any diff when taking metaformin with GH v.s. just metaformin alone. I usually take 500mg with around 80carbs or 1000mg with a higher 150-200g carb meal. never had any hypo issues from it. Ive taken 500mg with only 50g carbs and no hypo either. I do notice a few hours later I feel more hungry than normal and kinda feel a little sick. Not hypo but kinda sluggish and weak, well maybe that is hypo lol but not typical hypo feelng where your dizzy,etc.. after eating I feel much better. I stopped taking GH with metaformin after hearing it lowers IGF levels so now I time my GH around metaformin use since metaformin lowers IGF levels as long as its active which I believe is 4hrs.

I'm been "playing" with glucophage the last month and even when on a keto diet I've taken 500mg and had very very little effect on blood sugar values , maybe 5-7 points change as check with meter.

I've taken 1500mg with a meal containing 500g carbs (pancakes and eggs with syrup) and the blood sugar levels did go up but only about 15 points and only stayed their for about 30 min

Now I haven't checked it with taking HGH YET , but will come when prep time gets closer

Rightnow I take in about 400g a day total carbs , probably 1/3 of that is from fruits , I take 500mg with the breakfast , then 500mg every 3 hrs their after till 1:pm aftrer that i cut my carbs for the day

bump im curious if any one has seen anything from this or what they are even expecting to see

thanks
k

bump im curious if any one has seen anything from this or what they are even expecting to see

thanks
k

GH can cause low blood sugar over time and Metformin combined I figure may cause possible issues if carbs aren't high enough or monitored. It says right on the metformin insert not to take if on a keto type diet. I guess one should just take blood sugar readings.

GH can cause low blood sugar over time and Metformin combined I figure may cause possible issues if carbs aren't high enough or monitored. It says right on the metformin insert not to take if on a keto type diet. I guess one should just take blood sugar readings.

Sorry bro, GH can cause high blood sugar over time.

Sorry bro, GH can cause high blood sugar over time.

I know, but in some cases it does the opposite depending on dosage it can cause Hypoglycemia. Combine that with Metformin it may increase chances of Hypoglycemia even more. That's why I asked the question specifically combining the two.

whats the mechanism making you go hypo??? Its always made me go hyper very reliably with 2.5IU IV dose.

whats the mechanism making you go hypo??? Its always made me go hyper very reliably with 2.5IU IV dose.

Not saying I'm going hypo, but with both metaformin and HGH combined there is a greater chance for it possibly and if anyone has experienced this. I guess its not an issue if you eat enough carbs.

This right off the Somatropin website

Human Growth Hormone Side Effects:

Hypoglycemia

Hypoglycemia is the opposite of diabetes. In people with diabetes, their bodies do not produce an adequate amount of insulin, leading to dangerously high glucose levels. People with hypoglycemia have too much insulin, leading to too low glucose levels. Because HGH increases the level of insulin in your body, some people have suffered from hypoglycemia after taking HGH drugs.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner