over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin Question

what if you were more sensitive to insulin?
Your body would have to use less insulin to do the job it once did?

The end.

Its not a miracle drug in an already compromised population that eats the same shit that got um to be scripted metformin. TOTALLY UNRELATED to our population using it.

you guys are saying stay on year round, even when bulking?

so to the guys who are in growth phases, and not cutting, do you cut out the metformin during those periods of time where you are specifically looking to add mass? or no? i'm looking to start my next growth stage with gh and slin alongside the AAS....wondering if met would be a good addition in terms of stopping some of the potential fat gain that can come with running slin, or if it would compromise potential muscle growth

so to the guys who are in growth phases, and not cutting, do you cut out the metformin during those periods of time where you are specifically looking to add mass? or no? i'm looking to start my next growth stage with gh and slin alongside the AAS....wondering if met would be a good addition in terms of stopping some of the potential fat gain that can come with running slin, or if it would compromise potential muscle growth

Insulin does not make you fat, eating too much to feed the insulin makes you fat. Take small doses 2-4iu of insulin without eating more and you will not get fat.

One way that metformin works is that it blocks the absorption of carbs, doesn't make any sense to me to eat a bunch of food and then take something to block its absorption.

13 lbs 7 weeks. If it supposedly block all carbs then I guess I'm grown on fats. No real change in body fat( maybe a %) . Metformin 1500sr I try to take it as far away from my slin dose as I can. I take in almost all my carbs for the day around my workouts 20 iu slin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 lbs 7 weeks. If it supposedly block all carbs then I guess I'm grown on fats. No real change in body fat( maybe a %) . Metformin 1500sr I try to take it as far away from my slin dose as I can. I take in almost all my carbs for the day around my workouts 20 iu slin.

From what I looked at it seems like Met stays active in the body for a pretty long time, taking it far away from your slin shot to me seems it would still be definitely active and working, still potentially blocking some of the carbohydrate absorption, no? What's your protocol for the slin? 20iu pre? And carb timing wise, pre, intra, post? What are you consuming? Food? HCBD? And how many total carbs? Are you also on GH? And if so what time are you doing your GH inj and how many IU daily? Lots of questions, sorry, but I'm planning on running a similar set up and trying to get my ducks in a row.

Insulin does not make you fat, eating too much to feed the insulin makes you fat. Take small doses 2-4iu of insulin without eating more and you will not get fat.

One way that metformin works is that it blocks the absorption of carbs, doesn't make any sense to me to eat a bunch of food and then take something to block its absorption.
This... Metformin gets a lot of hype here, but I just don't see it being worth it for bodybuilders (having used it myself for quite a while after getting caught up in the hype train). Funny how people will point to rat studies and shout miracle drug for things they want to believe works, but then see a rat study showing that their favorite drug devours heart tissue or something and brush it off because it's "just a rat study".

From what I looked at it seems like Met stays active in the body for a pretty long time, taking it far away from your slin shot to me seems it would still be definitely active and working, still potentially blocking some of the carbohydrate absorption, no? What's your protocol for the slin? 20iu pre? And carb timing wise, pre, intra, post? What are you consuming? Food? HCBD? And how many total carbs? Are you also on GH? And if so what time are you doing your GH inj and how many IU daily? Lots of questions, sorry, but I'm planning on running a similar set up and trying to get my ducks in a row.

First. The only reason I'm taking met if to keep. Insulin sensitivity or use berberine with it. I train Monday 530 pmWednesday 530 pm Friday 530 pm. Saturday. 10 am. This gives me some what of a time frame to where I can try to keep them apart. So for instance I would take my last dose Sunday night around 6-8 pm. I do one carb meal 2.5 hrs before I train. About 80-90gr Preworkout is 45 minutes before the gym. 45g isolate 75 g karboload and 4 tbsp glycerol. I Im gh 5-6 iu and Im novolin r 20-24 iu along with preworkout. Intra is 45 isolate 75 karboload. Eaa 12g glutamine 10g. Post is 3 cups rice 7 oz chicken. And I have a casin shake 50g. 1 pack of instant pudding mix. Sugar fee. And 2 cups frozen berries. Berberine at bed. Wake up another berberine with 80 carbs. I'll wait 3 hrs and start metformin. Same thing on Friday but Saturday I repeat this in the morning and hold out on metformin until 6-7 pm. If it were blocking carbs I would think I would go hypo? If I messed some feel free to ask. I can say I'm right doing it this way. But it sure is work

Last edited:
First. The only reason I'm taking met if to keep. Insulin sensitivity or use berberine with it. I train Monday 530 pmWednesday 530 pm Friday 530 pm. Saturday. 10 am. This gives me some what of a time frame to where I can try to keep them apart. So for instance I would take my last dose Sunday night around 6-8 pm. I do one carb meal 2.5 hrs before I train. About 80-90gr Preworkout is 45 minutes before the gym. 45g isolate 75 g karboload and 4 tbsp glycerol. I Im gh 5-6 iu and Im novolin r 20-24 iu along with preworkout. Intra is 45 isolate 75 karboload. Eaa 12g glutamine 10g. Post is 3 cups rice 7 oz chicken. And I have a casin shake 50g. 1 pack of instant pudding mix. Sugar fee. And 2 cups frozen berries. Berberine at bed. Wake up another berberine with 80 carbs. I'll wait 3 hrs and start metformin. Same thing on Friday but Saturday I repeat this in the morning and hold out on metformin until 6-7 pm. If it were blocking carbs I would think I would go hypo? If I messed some feel free to ask. I can say I'm right doing it this way. But it sure is work

Thanks for replying. Yeah I mean one would think you'd go hypo if the carbohydrates weren't being absorbed, I'm not an expert on how the shit works specifically by any means. It's interesting though. I think running a DNP cycle with some Metformin prior to a GH/slin run would probably be sufficient too, jack up your insulin sensitivity with that combination, and then drop the DNP and Metformin and run the slin for a couple of months, rinse and repeat. I am concerned about weight gain from the slin, but I previously used it without GH, my diet was GOOD, and I was doing 15iu pre, with 50g HBCD / 50g isowhey pre/intra/post. I must have been fucking my diet up somewhere else while the insulin was still active, was running Novalin-R which I guess has a relatively longer half life than Humalog, so maybe my post meals or dinner had too much fat...I certainly wasn't overeating but I noticed some fat gain, probably 2% or so in the 4-5 weeks I ran the slin.

Exactly. People can chime in saying "Met isn't worth it"...well that depends on why you are taking it.

Are you taking Met for longevity purposes? Well the studies for that are pretty recent and I think the jury is still out.

Are you taking Met because you're a GH user and are concerned with insulin resistance? Well you're probably all good then because yes, it works.

Thanks for replying. Yeah I mean one would think you'd go hypo if the carbohydrates weren't being absorbed, I'm not an expert on how the shit works specifically by any means. It's interesting though. I think running a DNP cycle with some Metformin prior to a GH/slin run would probably be sufficient too, jack up your insulin sensitivity with that combination, and then drop the DNP and Metformin and run the slin for a couple of months, rinse and repeat. I am concerned about weight gain from the slin, but I previously used it without GH, my diet was GOOD, and I was doing 15iu pre, with 50g HBCD / 50g isowhey pre/intra/post. I must have been fucking my diet up somewhere else while the insulin was still active, was running Novalin-R which I guess has a relatively longer half life than Humalog, so maybe my post meals or dinner had too much fat...I certainly wasn't overeating but I noticed some fat gain, probably 2% or so in the 4-5 weeks I ran the slin.

I just bumped my calories up to 4000 or non-training days and 5500 on training days. My weight stopped going up. I'm expecting to put on some fat at this point. Fasted glucose is about 95 now. I have 3 more weeks till I cruse. Do u slowly move kcal up? Seems some are sensitive to fat gain on slin. I keep fats low when using it. Also no fats 4 hrs before. But seems some say it doesn't matter. I do like dnp run following with slin. Wife is doing metformin dnp and gh now. Crazy how fast fats dropping off her.

Exactly. People can chime in saying "Met isn't worth it"...well that depends on why you are taking it.

Are you taking Met because you're a GH user and are concerned with insulin resistance? Well you're probably all good then because yes, it works.

You need to understand the pathways that metformin works through.

#1 (this is the main pathway and accounts for most of metformins effects)

Lowers glucose production in the Liver. Diabetics produce 3x the glucose in liver, metformin puts it back in range. Non diabetic will not have much of an effect

Blocks the absorption of carbs, some but not all

Increases glucose uptake through various mechanisms although this is very small.

What is the best way to increase insulin sensitivity?

Hard exercise, but guys are missing out on this highly effective insulin sensitizer by taking insulin and drinking carbs during the workout. You are not letting the muscle become depleted and sensitive.

I just bumped my calories up to 4000 or non-training days and 5500 on training days. My weight stopped going up. I'm expecting to put on some fat at this point. Fasted glucose is about 95 now. I have 3 more weeks till I cruse. Do u slowly move kcal up? Seems some are sensitive to fat gain on slin. I keep fats low when using it. Also no fats 4 hrs before. But seems some say it doesn't matter. I do like dnp run following with slin. Wife is doing metformin dnp and gh now. Crazy how fast fats dropping off her.

yeah much slower on cal increase...like 300-500 max additional at a time, and holy crap...i'll get fat on 3500 cals, no way i could do 4k or 5.5k lol, and im 6'2.

What is the best way to increase insulin sensitivity?

Hard exercise, but guys are missing out on this highly effective insulin sensitizer by taking insulin and drinking carbs during the workout. You are not letting the muscle become depleted and sensitive.

I'm lost with your point.

Go take 6iu of GH preworkout WITHOUT insulin, WITHOUT carbs during your workout. At a certain point in time, the GH will make you insulin resistant....therefore you need something to resensitize you.

So you can either get off GH or take Berberine, R-ALA, etc.
I'm done all of these and Metformin is the best and dropping my fasting blood glucose levels back down.

Go take 6iu of GH preworkout WITHOUT insulin, WITHOUT carbs during your workout. At a certain point in time, the GH will make you insulin resistant....therefore you need something to resensitize you.

So you can either get off GH or take Berberine, R-ALA, etc.
I'm done all of these and Metformin is the best and dropping my fasting blood glucose levels back down.

My point is people are using insulin wrong with hgh, by taking large doses preworkout with carbs.

My morning glucose got up to about 107 after months of 15iu hgh, but I kept it under 80 with lantus and small frequent doses of regular insulin.

Now I just started a precontest diet, within 1 week of cutting out junk my fasting glucose went from 107 to under 85 without insulin

This is still with about 400 carbs per day and 15iu of hgh.

i just think most of metformins' actions are counter productive to bodybuilding and it's benefits are way overhyped

Last edited:

I guarantee you that if your diet is good, 6iu of hgh will not do anything to your blood sugar/insulin sensitivity if taken preworkout without insulin and carbs during workout

My point is people are using insulin wrong with hgh, by taking large doses preworkout with carbs.

My morning glucose got up to about 107 after months of 15iu hgh, but I kept it under 80 with lantus and small frequent doses of regular insulin.

Now I just started a precontest diet, within 1 week of cutting out junk my fasting glucose went from 107 to under 85 without insulin

This is still with about 400 carbs per day and 15iu of hgh.

i just think most of metformins' actions are counter productive to bodybuilding and it's benefits are way overhyped

how are they using inslin "wrong" by taking it pre-workout with carbs, if the goal is gaining size? how else would you possibly use it in this regard?

how are they using inslin "wrong" by taking it pre-workout with carbs, if the goal is gaining size? how else would you possibly use it in this regard?

Imagine how muscular diabetics using 100+iu of insulin would be if insulin built muscle

2iu gh with 2iu regular insulin 3-4 times per day.

Do not increase food to "feed the insulin" like you would have to with larger doses of insulin.

Large doses of insulin will not make you magically grow, but small doses combined with hgh will increase igf1 production, take some burden off you pancreas, and help with muscle fullness

Watch this video, explain everything:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiuZ9Jd89Jw"]Insulin Applications in Bodybuilding with Colette Nelson - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Imagine how muscular diabetics using 100+iu of insulin would be if insulin built muscle

Do not increase food to "feed the insulin" like you would have to with larger doses of insulin.

Large doses of insulin will not make you magically grow, but small doses combined with hgh will increase igf1 production, take some burden off you pancreas, and help with muscle fullness

Insulin Applications in Bodybuilding with Colette Nelson - YouTube

well first of they are saying that Lantus is the insulin of choice, but you can't get that OTC so that's a problem. 2iu gh and 2iu Novolin-R 4 times a day, aint nobody got time for that.

yeah much slower on cal increase...like 300-500 max additional at a time, and holy crap...i'll get fat on 3500 cals, no way i could do 4k or 5.5k lol, and im 6'2.

I'm 5.9 and just hit 220 this morning. I can't figure out my body for the life of me man. I was never a lean ripped guy until I started bodybuilding. ( powerlifting all my life until 35) I got the fat off and ever sense my macros when I hit 220 are retarded. I haven't been over 12 % bf in a long time. I really want to hit 230 and be around 10%. I'm thinking I'm going to really have to push food to get back up there. Been as high as 260. I had to be around 18%

Insulin Applications in Bodybuilding with Colette Nelson - YouTube

I'll have to watch this as soon as I can. Looking at ur pictures man I know u have something going in the right direction. I did the several small doses of slin threw the day but I also used it preworkout with carbs. My fasted glucose went up in two weeks. I have thought about trying the skip load idea. If he would ever release his dam dvd[emoji6]. Do u keep fats low all day then?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity