over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Milk as s primary source of protein

Midnight Temptation

Newbies
Because of this pandemic my income has been cut and thus protein intake through quality food has been reduced and where I live all the pantries and such have been giving away gallons upon gallons of low fat and fat free milk.

Has anyone tried milk as their main source of protein(if you stomach can handle it)?

Chicken thighs, tuna, eggs (this is the main one), some ground beef on sale that you can find

You can combine that with some milk, but I wouldn't just use milk as your main source

Tuna is less than a $1 a can. Multi packs way cheaper. 18 packs of eggs where I live in well under $2. Chicken leg 1/4's in a 10lbs bag for $9.99. Food shouldn't be a major obstacle. Take what you can get for free... then supplement with food. You'll be fine.

Sure bro. Good luck with everything

Milk is a decent source of protein, being there is 1g of protein per oz, but I couldn’t use it as a primary source. That’s a lot of fucking milk! I would never shit again! There’s better options... with that being said, if you can tolerate that amount of milk I suppose you could make it work short term!

Milk is what animals lactate to grow their offspring. It was evolutionarily optimized for anabolism. If your GI can handle it, then yeah

Milk is what animals lactate to grow their offspring. It was evolutionarily optimized for anabolism. If your GI can handle it, then yeah

Unless your sucking off that animals teet... I wouldn't touch the store bought variety of milk.

Ignorant statement on a few different levels.

Our gut isnt 'evolutionary optimized' to handle mass produced dairy...

Now, if you said milk from the local farmer w grass fed cows I could atleast recognize your point atleast to some degree but the OP said he was on a budget and there are a vast majority of better protein options considering his limited income.

Because of this pandemic my income has been cut and thus protein intake through quality food has been reduced and where I live all the pantries and such have been giving away gallons upon gallons of low fat and fat free milk.

Has anyone tried milk as their main source of protein(if you stomach can handle it)?

Really bad idea for most people. If you have ever had strep throat, you have a milk allergy.

Tuna is less than a $1 a can. Multi packs way cheaper. 18 packs of eggs where I live in well under $2. Chicken leg 1/4's in a 10lbs bag for $9.99. Food shouldn't be a major obstacle. Take what you can get for free... then supplement with food. You'll be fine.
I would only eat Tuna if it's the last food source on Earth. I can't stand the stink smell and taste. 1doz eggs in NY have gone up to $2.99 but yes i can and do buy chicken legs and thigh for .49lb. Pork chops are still relatively cheap.

What makes you say that?
I have had strep many times when i was a kid and i can drink plenty of milk with no problems.

What makes you say that?
I have had strep many times when i was a kid and i can drink plenty of milk with no problems.

Certainly you can. So can I. So can most of us. However, we could also eat a piece of chocolate cake and be "fine." That doesn't mean it's not causing harm long term. Milk tolerance goes beyond lactose tolerance vs intolerance.

Ever since Dr. Jonathan Wright brought up the connection between milk/dairy and strep throat, combined with many microbiome physicians reporting they mostly see negatives in patients consuming too much dairy products, I didn't see the purpose of continuing to consume so much of it. In moderation, fine for many. Ultimately, it is not a high quality source of protein at all.

Certainly you can. So can I. So can most of us. However, we could also eat a piece of chocolate cake and be "fine." That doesn't mean it's not causing harm long term. Milk tolerance goes beyond lactose tolerance vs intolerance.

Ever since Dr. Jonathan Wright brought up the connection between milk/dairy and strep throat, combined with many microbiome physicians reporting they mostly see negatives in patients consuming too much dairy products, I didn't see the purpose of continuing to consume so much of it. In moderation, fine for many. Ultimately, it is not a high quality source of protein at all.

The link is for members only. Any additional insight?
I had strep as a kid, and I have no noticeable issues from milk, cheese and especially Greek yogurt, which I eat daily.

The link is for members only. Any additional insight?
I had strep as a kid, and I have no noticeable issues from milk, cheese and especially Greek yogurt, which I eat daily.

Oh sorry about that. He is the only person I've heard say it, but I believe it given his pedigree. Take what you want from this info. Here is a video

Chicken thighs, tuna, eggs (this is the main one), some ground beef on sale that you can find

You can combine that with some milk, but I wouldn't just use milk as your main source

Exactly.

There are lot's of cheap protein sources around. There are always offers on various ground meats and/or cheap cuts of meat it's just about knowing where/when to look in your local area. Now if their budget is so bad they can't afford cheap meat and big bags of rice and some veg then they need to put all of their effort into finding another source of income so they can basically survive. Some do really struggle but many also throw away money on little things (or bad habits) that add up week to week. There is nothing wrong with a bit of milk for most people but it definitely shouldn't be your main protein source.

Oh sorry about that. He is the only person I've heard say it, but I believe it given his pedigree. Take what you want from this info. Here is a video

I agree that milk is not a good source of protein but...some of these doctors and experts make outrageous claims to get their name or channel out there and make a buck. See rhonda patrick and hundreds of others. They get a following by being outrageous then have an allergy test or book to sell you.

But I'm not a fan of milk and dont think it is optimal. Meat, meat, and more meat for me.

Dude milk is kinda expensive, when you think about it. Most cost effective is probably something like whey isolate, but who the fuck wants to rely on that as their main protein source?

Chicken breast regularly $1.99/lb. Stock up. Eggs, you can still afford good ones when finances are shit. Get you some Jasmine rice and have meat and rice all the time. Simple and cost effective.

I agree that milk is not a good source of protein but...some of these doctors and experts make outrageous claims to get their name or channel out there and make a buck. See rhonda patrick and hundreds of others. They get a following by being outrageous then have an allergy test or book to sell you.

But I'm not a fan of milk and dont think it is optimal. Meat, meat, and more meat for me.
How dare you say something negative about my baby (dr. Rhonda Patrick). You apologize NOW :)

I'm beginning to think that we share portions of the same brain. You are continually bringing up names of doctors I follow very closely and idolize, that I don't think a lot of people on bodybuilding boards follow. I have been a huge fan of Dr. Wright forever.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws