over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Milk as s primary source of protein

I agree that milk is not a good source of protein but...some of these doctors and experts make outrageous claims to get their name or channel out there and make a buck. See rhonda patrick and hundreds of others. They get a following by being outrageous then have an allergy test or book to sell you.

But I'm not a fan of milk and dont think it is optimal. Meat, meat, and more meat for me.

Dr. Wright is the first doctor to ever prescribe hormone replacement therapy. To dismiss him is not a smart idea when you should be trying to learn from his vast array of experience.

I'm beginning to think that we share portions of the same brain. You are continually bringing up names of doctors I follow very closely and idolize, that I don't think a lot of people on bodybuilding boards follow. I have been a huge fan of Dr. Wright forever.

Oh man, I LOVE this stuff. I am all over the anti aging/lifespan stuff. I actually just read Suzanne Somers new book where she interviews him and many others I admire, like Dr. Hertoghe. I know this is probably the wrong forum for this info but I can't help it. Health and bodybuilding will always be connected.

How dare you say something negative about my baby (dr. Rhonda Patrick). You apologize NOW :)

Haha. I'm sure all the things the experts say can help us ( like the sauna, enzymes) but people often get caught up in following all these experts and trying to optimize every little aspect of recovery and nutrition rather than just keep things simple train hard , limit stress, and grow. I've been guilty myself, I'm someone who does best when I just focus on the basics and stay off YouTube, blogs, podcasts etc. She is very bright and a good resource for people who have an interest in science.

Milk has a lot of sugar regardless of fat content. It has something like 12g sugar per 8 oz. If your trying to keep your insulin sensitivity high or higher, id avoid more than few servings a day. Or have the bulk of it around training time or pwo.

Another tactic for saving your 💰 is to buy large cuts. For example, buy a couple of roasts on sale, cut them into steaks and individually freeze them. Also, you can get a turkey, cook the entire thing, cut it up and freeze it in portions. Then just defrost what you need every day. For me, canned meat, like tuna gets old. Processed canned meat, like Spam is garbage.
I agree that there’s no replacing real meat and whole eggs.

Oh man, I LOVE this stuff. I am all over the anti aging/lifespan stuff. I actually just read Suzanne Somers new book where she interviews him and many others I admire, like Dr. Hertoghe. I know this is probably the wrong forum for this info but I can't help it. Health and bodybuilding will always be connected.

I started that book when I was in the hospital a month ago but kept falling asleep(not because of the content but the damn drugs they had me on). I haven't had a chance to get back to it as I have been sidetracked with life; but am anxious to finish it. I have a lot of her books and one of Hertoghe's as well(its a huge one).

Unless your sucking off that animals teet... I wouldn't touch the store bought variety of milk.

Ignorant statement on a few different levels.

Our gut isnt 'evolutionary optimized' to handle mass produced dairy...

Now, if you said milk from the local farmer w grass fed cows I could atleast recognize your point atleast to some degree but the OP said he was on a budget and there are a vast majority of better protein options considering his limited income.

You can make the same argument for mass produced beef, chicken, and fish. On a gram for gram basis of protein, organic milk is the same price if not cheaper than organic chicken or grass-finished beef. You're kind of defeating your own point if you don't acknowledge this. Factory farmed meat in the US is full of phthalates, xenoestrogens, and everything else you should avoid

I think "they" recommend not to eat a lot of tuna due to the heavy metals. I can't recall the specifics but Jason Huh claimed he got real sick from heavy metal poisoning from eating a lot of fish. One professional fisherman told me to stay away from salmon, it was pure shit and dangerous he said.

The term organic and the usual claims that go along with it is a scam in most ways. People are free to believe what they want of course and no amount of "evidence" is going to sway them from what I've seen.

As far as milk goes, if you tolerate it well the protein is of excellent quality, great amino profile. The "problem" is that it comes with a lot of calories from other sources.
Some people will claim store bought pasteurized milk is bad, due to hormones, antibiotics or whatever but I haven't seen evidence for this.

And don't forget guys, this fella says he's tight on cash and the milk is free.

Over 51 yrs on Milk...Lots of It! Still seem to Own the Gym anywhere I Go"
But Who Knows....Could Excel even Farther on Eggs and Steak ???

You can make the same argument for mass produced beef, chicken, and fish. On a gram for gram basis of protein, organic milk is the same price if not cheaper than organic chicken or grass-finished beef. You're kind of defeating your own point if you don't acknowledge this. Factory farmed meat in the US is full of phthalates, xenoestrogens, and everything else you should avoid
Your absolutely right about factory farmed meat but I didnt mention any of those. I said there are better options. On a gram for gram basis, you're also not far off except w each gram of pro in milk your getting considerable sugar to go along w it.

I work in the food supply chain... Organic doesn't really mean shit in our country. There are a few solid companies who do things the right way but largely, the 'organic' industry is a dog and pony show.

I actually thought you were defeating your own point when you said milk was evolutionary optimized but then go on to say... 'if your body can handle it'. If its evolutionary optimized, why then, can a very large percentage of people not digest it?

I started that book when I was in the hospital a month ago but kept falling asleep(not because of the content but the damn drugs they had me on). I haven't had a chance to get back to it as I have been sidetracked with life; but am anxious to finish it. I have a lot of her books and one of Hertoghe's as well(its a huge one).

I have Hertoghe's hormone handbook. Between that and Suzanne's books, there is so much info that I need to go back and re-read it a few times to remember things I missed. Hope you get better soon

I have Hertoghe's hormone handbook. Between that and Suzanne's books, there is so much info that I need to go back and re-read it a few times to remember things I missed. Hope you get better soon

I love learning about health, hormones and anti-aging too. If you were to buy one of Suzanne Somers' books, which one would it be?

Have you read any of Dr. Wright's books? Any recommendations?

If milk so much as gets splashed on me I'm lucky if i dont shit my pants before i make it to the bathroom.

I think "they" recommend not to eat a lot of tuna due to the heavy metals. I can't recall the specifics but Jason Huh claimed he got real sick from heavy metal poisoning from eating a lot of fish. One professional fisherman told me to stay away from salmon, it was pure shit and dangerous he said.

So this doesn't turn into reckless speculation, Huh and his wife both developed mercury toxicity from eating tons of Chilean sea bass.

He details his symptoms, tests he had done, and his treatment to get over it in his interview with Dave Palumbo from 1-2 years ago.

The only milk that's worth a damn regardless of the source is from natural-diet fed animals and served raw. Only this milk is "evolutionary optimized" and fit for anyone or any animal to drink and thrive on.

As far as heavy metals from fish is concerned, a good daily dose of humic/fulvic acid, ALA and glutathione or it's precursors will work wonders in cleaning up all that nasty shit that's in the larger varieties of fish.

Your absolutely right about factory farmed meat but I didnt mention any of those. I said there are better options. On a gram for gram basis, you're also not far off except w each gram of pro in milk your getting considerable sugar to go along w it.

I work in the food supply chain... Organic doesn't really mean shit in our country. There are a few solid companies who do things the right way but largely, the 'organic' industry is a dog and pony show.

I actually thought you were defeating your own point when you said milk was evolutionary optimized but then go on to say... 'if your body can handle it'. If its evolutionary optimized, why then, can a very large percentage of people not digest it?

because humans did not begin consuming milk beyond early childhood until very recently. Naturally, promotion of the lactase expressing gene was silenced after this point in life. But a lactase persistence mutation entered the gene pool and is now quite prevalent. Usually when a mutation, particularly a single nucleotide polymorphism becomes less rare, it is because it has conferred evolutionary advantage

because humans did not begin consuming milk beyond early childhood until very recently. Naturally, promotion of the lactase expressing gene was silenced after this point in life. But a lactase persistence mutation entered the gene pool and is now quite prevalent. Usually when a mutation, particularly a single nucleotide polymorphism becomes less rare, it is because it has conferred evolutionary advantage

Right... so we are going in circles here. Milk, or milk that which is available to the OP within his budgetary constraints, is NOT what I would consider a high quality protein source, especially at the cost of the skewed macronutrient profile that would be consumed to reach adequate protein levels for a training individual. If he handles dairy well, sure 8 ounces here and there would be fine, but as a main source of protein..? That's far too much lactose (sugar). I'd personally pass up free milk from the food pantry as I'd rather not consume that much milk, free or not.

This thread has the GOMAD program written all over it. The problem with that one from my experience is you could more easily than not gain more bodyfat than you'd be comfortable with having. Especially with nonfat milk if it's consumed on an empty stomach.

I'd recommend cutting carbs from other sources if you do decide to go buckwild with the milk in order to meet your protein requirements.

I know the milk is free for you and you're broke, but I also did pretty damn well on a diet of white rice and (shitty, inexpensive) eggs when I was absolutely balls to the wall strapped for cash. Very satisfying with salt, pepper, hot sauce and mustard. I was eating not too bad for just a couple bucks a day. Dozen or two eggs a day, plenty of white rice.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws