over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

milk is for babies

M

Mr Pickels

some broad at the gym is causing a huge debate saying milk will kill me blah blah...

check out the link and tell me what ya think... i think the bitch is full of shit... the article isnt a peer reviwed journal...

however i do not deny the political ties between FDA and dairy industy... the whole financial kickback thing blah blah... but if milk was so bad i'd be fat or dead... both not true...

thoughts...

http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougall/030400pudairyproductsfalsepromises.htm

Milk certainly has good protein but it's the lactose (not fat or lack of fat) that's not good for you - nothing more than a "SIMPLE" sugar (of course it's the source for whey protein isolate - but that process removes almost all of the lactose).

It is a fact that the US is the only country that considers milk as a staple for adults.

For myself, cutting out milk has really improved my appearance. I don't look smooth/thick-skinned, which I know it doesn't affect everyone this way.

Lactose contributes to digestive tract problems in many people. Most people that ween themselves off milk say they FEEL much better without milk in their diet.

xcel

xcelbeyond said:
For myself, cutting out milk has really improved my appearance. I don't look smooth/thick-skinned, which I know it doesn't affect everyone this way.

Lactose contributes to digestive tract problems in many people. Most people that ween themselves off milk say they FEEL much better without milk in their diet.

xcel

I feel the same way as Xcel. I quit milk about 3-4mo ago.
No doubt I am more vascular, people have commented.
Im terribly thick skined and stopping milk helped. I do miss it. Maybe some guys can still tolerate the lactose. But plain and simple lactose is a simple sugar-useless in a good BB diet.

But I admit I still have a 'lite' (less sugar) yougart every morning.

The Milk debate

This has gone on as long as I can remember and as I always say milk is sooooooooooooo bad for a BB. On the other hand if your not a BB drink all you want. The thick skin old man x refered to is fat, I used milk in my early years and not until I cut it out did I start to really lower my BF%.

My vote milk is for fat people, think about it almost anything that taste good or makes something taste good has some milk that is why fat people like it.

Well I dont drink gallons of milk everyday. However, I dont think it deserves as bad a rap as you guys are giving it though either. Maybe pre contest its bad but milk any other time is just like any other food or beverage in my opinion better than some not than others.

It all comes down to the old couch potatoe thing and for us your desired build. If you dont burn enough calories all day then milk or whatever is gona make you fat.

Funny but some of the same people who at the gym will say milk is bad for you will drink alcohol and not contribute their body structure to anything else except the milk.

Hope that was understandable to read if not something like that thinking out loud on the comp. MM
:D

xcelbeyond said:

xcel

I agree 100%, I dropped it about 1 yr ago and it made a big difference in eliminating the "thick skin, smooth look". I am cautious about any dairy products in my diet noww, although I still enjoy a bowl of ice cream every now and then!
KR

Milk

Great source of amino acids. If you are not lactose intolerant, great food to get proper ratios of fats, carbs and proteins. Simple sugar by itself is bad for you, I agree. When mixed with fats and proteins, it is the perfect "zone" food for me. Thick skin? That means too many calories in the diet, it is just adipose tissue. I would cut it out before a show, it does seem to cover my vascularity a bit. Interesting debate though.

Phil

When you mix protein powder with milk, do you add extra fat to it? For example, 1 cup milk, 2 scoops whey isolate, 1 tblspn Olive Oil? Thanks.

It does make you more vascular if you dont drink it, but I dont have the time or desire to count how many grams of sugar I take in a day. I can have my milk and still look better than 95% of the people out there, the other 5% I never see:D

when i was younger I loved milk, but since ive stopped drinking it a few years ago it makes me very sick when ever i eat it

Milk gives me some serious digestingproblems, no milk for me

I agree with alot of what excel said above--its kind of a pick your poison. Ill use it offseason when I really dont care so much about skin thickness, vascularity and smoothness for the protein grams but precontest or pertinent times its out the window and replaced in shakes with crystal light or water and I add calcium supps

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws