over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Modification to my DC routine.

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm going to do DC for the next 3 months. Would appreciate if some of you vets in DC could share and give some guidance. I've made some modification and to be honest this is my first time running a 3-way (due to recovery).

Mon (Chest + Back + Calves)
Flat Bench Presses
Pulldowns
Deadlifts
Standing Calve raise

Wed (Shoulders + Bi + Tri)
Side laterals
BB Curls
Close Grip Bench Presses

Fri (Legs)
Squats
Stiff Deadlifts
Seated Calve raise

Each exercises will consist of several warmups follow by 1 set of 3 rest pause.
Stretches will be perform after each exercises.

As for diet, i'll eat when hungry with a macro of (50/50/10). Usually its 5 meals on non-workout days and 6 meals on workout days.

I'm looking to lean bulk.

Im not sure, but I thought the 3 way spilt was

chest/shoulder/tri
Back/bi/forearms
Legs/calves

Waiting for Mentaflex to chime in. He is very good at explainin a lot of DC concepts. Also have you looked in the doggpound on Intense muscle.com. the exercise selection tells me you have not. Every thing you have asked about DC can be found in the stickies or just searching on Intense muscle.com.

chest/shoulder/tri
Back/bi/forearms
Legs/calves

The reason why i do so this is because i'll be hitting arms 2x a week.

Indirect + direct arm workout.

Thats not a DC routine. 2way, 3way, anything. The concepts are lost, the days and volume per week are lost all together with how you modified it. Intensemuscle.com

Side laterals (assuming they're with DBs and not a hammer strength machine) are gonna be difficult to fit into DC, since progress on such an exercise tends to be quite slow. Remember that you want to either increase reps or increase weight each time you repeat an exercise...maybe you've got shoulders that grow quickly, but for me, side laterals would be impossible to sustain on DC.

Also, typically you'd have different exercises from week to week. You're making it seem like you'll be doing those same exercises every Monday Wednesday and Friday. Truth be told, it doesn't look much like DC at all.

Last edited:
You have the right idea but def. check out intense muscle...its all laid out...you can do the three way M-W-F like that but if thats the case I personally would just do the standard push, pull, legs.....

Ronnie, to put it bluntly, this is a clusterfuck of a "DC" routine. Typically, when someone posts up a DC routine for critique it is done after THOROUGHLY reading through the stickies over at Intense Muscle (with all due respect to the mods and Big A here, that is the home of DC training so please do not take offense) and understanding the exercise selection, the layout, rep ranges,...etc. But this doesn't even address the basic principles and can't even be called DC.

Please, take some time and really dig into the DC material and understand it. Do just read a post and then ask a question. READ EVERY SINGLE STICKY. Write down your questions, then go back through the stickies AGAIN and try to answer your own questions. I can guarantee that 99% of your questions will be addressed. And if you aren't willing to dedicate the time to reading the material on DC training, then you aren't ready start and reap the benefits, so why should we spoon feed you information that is readily available? And if you can't find the answer in the stickies, use that marvelous search function.

Now, get reading and come back with your proposed program when you are done. And if you are really struggling that bad, hire homonunculus (Dante's official DC coach).

EDIT: and to those who questioned side laterals, they would not be an effective exercise for the 2-way, but can be integrated into a 3-way split.

Last edited:
yea man, thats just a 3 day per week routine, not even DC anything.

Monday = chest shoulders tris

tuesday = back bi's

thursday = legs

friday chest shoulders tri's

monday back bi's

etc etc.

Also you should only be doing the 3 way if you have all the size you need.

You shouldn't have to worry about "lean bulking" or anything like that. If you're using drugs properly as well as following a clean diet and getting enough sleep, you shouldn't have any issues recovering doing DC 2 way or 3 way while also gaining quality size.

Last edited:
The amount of fat you gain is based purely on your diet and how well disciplined you are.

chest/shoulder/tri
Back/bi/forearms
Legs/calves

Close :)

Chest/shoulder/Tris
Bis/Forearms/Back width / Back thickness
Calves/Hams/Quads

There are a few exceptions when it comes to legs that you would do quads before hams, but that is the layout. If you are doing DC under a 3-way split, that is how it is to be done.

EDIT: BigJB, under certain circumstances when an individual has poor recovery (for whatever reasons) one can do a 3-way split layout but only train 3-ways per week as if it were the 2-way. Just a little tweak to it to address special situations...

Last edited:
EDIT: BigJB, under certain circumstances when an individual has poor recovery (for whatever reasons) one can do a 3-way split layout but only train 3-ways per week as if it were the 2-way. Just a little tweak to it to address special situations...

The only time ive seen that implemented is the Dave Henry training DVD, and Dante mentioned that he trained that way purely because Dave was as big as he needed to be and it was his way to maintain the size he had because he couldnt afford to grow anymore if he wanted to make the 202 cutoff (which is diff now because of the weight class change.)

The only time ive seen that implemented is the Dave Henry training DVD, and Dante mentioned that he trained that way purely because Dave was as big as he needed to be and it was his way to maintain the size he had because he couldnt afford to grow anymore if he wanted to make the 202 cutoff (which is diff now because of the weight class change.)

I referenced this post in a previous thread: IntenseMuscle.com - View Single Post - Who's gaining on 'each muscle once per week'?

Mental thanks for that. I've been doing biceps after back. I'm so silly. Also I always do hams first. Except SLDL. No way in hell I'm doing squats or hacks after I hit those two horrible straight sets. Usually 8 reps, then drop 30lbs and I can eek out 11-12

Mental thanks for that. I've been doing biceps after back. I'm so silly. Also I always do hams first. Except SLDL. No way in hell I'm doing squats or hacks after I hit those two horrible straight sets. Usually 8 reps, then drop 30lbs and I can eek out 11-12

No problem. Yeah, SLDLs before a WM...sounds more like a death wish haha.

Ronnie, to put it bluntly, this is a clusterfuck of a "DC" routine. Typically, when someone posts up a DC routine for critique it is done after THOROUGHLY reading through the stickies over at Intense Muscle (with all due respect to the mods and Big A here, that is the home of DC training so please do not take offense) and understanding the exercise selection, the layout, rep ranges,...etc. But this doesn't even address the basic principles and can't even be called DC.

Please, take some time and really dig into the DC material and understand it. Do just read a post and then ask a question. READ EVERY SINGLE STICKY. Write down your questions, then go back through the stickies AGAIN and try to answer your own questions. I can guarantee that 99% of your questions will be addressed. And if you aren't willing to dedicate the time to reading the material on DC training, then you aren't ready start and reap the benefits, so why should we spoon feed you information that is readily available? And if you can't find the answer in the stickies, use that marvelous search function.

Now, get reading and come back with your proposed program when you are done. And if you are really struggling that bad, hire homonunculus (Dante's official DC coach).

EDIT: and to those who questioned side laterals, they would not be an effective exercise for the 2-way, but can be integrated into a 3-way split.

I'm actually doing a DC style with a little modification. I choose a 3-way split because i'm having difficulty recovery lately (stress at work, etc). So hitting a bodypart once a week would make sense at the moment. Probably the next 3 months when work gets better, i might want to change it back to a 2-way split.

Regarding the order of the exercise, i switch a little so i'll be hitting arms twice a week. And as for laterals, i can change it to mititary presses. I used to follow Phil's advice on just laterals for shoulders but its always good to change things up a little. Thats why i did a little modification to my DC routine mainly due to recovery issue.

No problem. Yeah, SLDLs before a WM...sounds more like a death wish haha.

I'm open for suggession. How do u think i should structure my DC routine?

We are all here to learn and u are by far the most knowledgable here on this topic.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws