over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MORE FRAUD ON THE RIVER

totalrecomp

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Another round of product quality/label claim testing performed by NOW FOODS on multiple brands being sold on amazon. No big surprise, TONS OF FRAUD.

Now I know what people will say, as it's the response I get every time I point this out: "What's the big deal, I only buy reputable brands, like SNS or NOW FOODS when I shop on amazon."

Fair enough, but that is not the point IMO. The point is you are financially supporting a platform that thinks SO LITTLE OF YOU that they continue to allow widespread FRAUD of their "valued customers" despite being FULLY AWARE of the issue. Not to mention they are often not even close to the best deal you can find. They take advantage of peoples lack of planning, hence the need to get something tomorrow(although that seems to be more and more an issue) while fooling people into thinking they are getting "free shipping." please.

Support retailers that actually give a shit about the industry and your RIGHTS to purchase supplements. Were DC to attempt to ban all supplements you think amazon would give two shits let alone fight for your rights? Not likely.

Support the sponsors/store here. Support a locally owned supplement shop if you have the option, heck buy anywhere other than there. /rant

Attachments

• Astaxanthin Assays 2023 Report.pdf
    403.3 KB · Views: 101
Interestingly I've been looking at astaxanthin specifically. I'm always very aware of fakes in the industry. I bought an "original" brand that had some studies, the trademarked API was "Astareal." I also bought it from a pharmacy here because I think they try to only sell quality stuff. Trying to minimize chances of getting bunk stuff.

Even "good guys" sell shit knowingly occasionally. One of the more interesting recent cases was Turkesterone. One lab who seem to know what they are talking about said ALL Turkesterone on the market currently is fake, at most containing 1% Turkesterone. They even got the Chinese sellers to admit off the record that even they thought it was fake. Did anyone stop selling it? Not from what I saw. This lab said it was mostly ecdysterone and that certain testing methods couldn't differentiate between the two. Ecdysterone and Turkesterone are both plant steroids with purported anabolic activity but they are not the same. If I bought Turkesterone it better be turkesterone lol, not something "close" Lol.

Not that I would buy it in the first place. I was amazed at the fervor people had over this substance, lots of the "steroid channels" on YT covered it which is why it got on my radar too. A friend is sponsored by a supp company with Turk so I could get it close to free, if it was real and free I might throw it in the stack just to see if I notice something (though I'm pretty sure there's not much to it).

I ALWAYS gladly pay more for assurances.

BUT what is going on with NOW foods Astragalus? Dante said it doesn't seem to work for kidneys. I'm sure it's "real astragalus" but there's some kind of difference between brands.

Interestingly I've been looking at astaxanthin specifically. I'm always very aware of fakes in the industry. I bought an "original" brand that had some studies, the trademarked API was "Astareal." I also bought it from a pharmacy here because I think they try to only sell quality stuff. Trying to minimize chances of getting bunk stuff.

Even "good guys" sell shit knowingly occasionally. One of the more interesting recent cases was Turkesterone. One lab who seem to know what they are talking about said ALL Turkesterone on the market currently is fake, at most containing 1% Turkesterone. They even got the Chinese sellers to admit off the record that even they thought it was fake. Did anyone stop selling it? Not from what I saw. This lab said it was mostly ecdysterone and that certain testing methods couldn't differentiate between the two. Ecdysterone and Turkesterone are both plant steroids with purported anabolic activity but they are not the same. If I bought Turkesterone it better be turkesterone lol, not something "close" Lol.

Not that I would buy it in the first place. I was amazed at the fervor people had over this substance, lots of the "steroid channels" on YT covered it which is why it got on my radar too. A friend is sponsored by a supp company with Turk so I could get it close to free, if it was real and free I might throw it in the stack just to see if I notice something (though I'm pretty sure there's not much to it).

I ALWAYS gladly pay more for assurances.

BUT what is going on with NOW foods Astragalus? Dante said it doesn't seem to work for kidneys. I'm sure it's "real astragalus" but there's some kind of difference between brands.
Yeah man what happened to turk? Did everyone figure out it does nothing or what? It las all over you tube not that long ago, and what did your frind think about it? Did he get anything out of it?

I am very skeptical of the brands commonly sold on Amazon and no doubt there's also fake supps floating around on that platform. If it sounds too good to be true then yes it is too good to be true!

Yeah man what happened to turk? Did everyone figure out it does nothing or what? It las all over you tube not that long ago, and what did your frind think about it? Did he get anything out of it?

He didn't even know "his" sponsor carried it Lol. I saw it on the net and did ask him. He couldn't comment, didn't know, about the all of them being fake claim. I haven't been able to avoid it even though I rarely look at "natural" muscle builders. There was this "tough guy" supplement seller, can't remember his name, the guy was the first to sell TUDCA as a supplement, who sold it like 15 or 20 years ago. Said he actually paid for the testing standard for turk, probably true. I don't think his company sold it for long either. But now it's sold by everyone, Jordan Peters sells it, I think Dante sells it but said on here he thought about changing it to ecdysterone. So even some "heavy hitters" carry it. Hell if I know, but these plant steroids might actually do something even though my assumption is that it will be minor. These supplement trends are somewhat interesting to watch, some really go viral on socials.

The latest on these steroids is that they "work" for our purposes through an estrogen receptor.

He didn't even know "his" sponsor carried it Lol. I saw it on the net and did ask him. He couldn't comment, didn't know, about the all of them being fake claim. I haven't been able to avoid it even though I rarely look at "natural" muscle builders. There was this "tough guy" supplement seller, can't remember his name, the guy was the first to sell TUDCA as a supplement, who sold it like 15 or 20 years ago. Said he actually paid for the testing standard for turk, probably true. I don't think his company sold it for long either. But now it's sold by everyone, Jordan Peters sells it, I think Dante sells it but said on here he thought about changing it to ecdysterone. So even some "heavy hitters" carry it. Hell if I know, but these plant steroids might actually do something even though my assumption is that it will be minor. These supplement trends are somewhat interesting to watch, some really go viral on socials.

The latest on these steroids is that they "work" for our purposes through an estrogen receptor.
Do you remember syntrax? (If you are old enough) they were selling ecdy, and I bought like 5 bottles, took double the recommended dose and got absolutely nothing out of it

I think it's always best to stay with the tried and true.

Jarrow
NOW
Life Extension
Solaray
Doctors Best
Nutricost *I have a friend in the manufacturing side and he said these guy are solid. I've used them over the years and felt they've worked as expected.

Jarrow
NOW
Life Extension
Solaray
Doctors Best
Nutricost *I have a friend in the manufacturing side and he said these guy are solid. I've used them over the years and felt they've worked as expected.
Isn't the point of this thread that these brands are being counterfeited on Amazon .. with Amazon not doing anything about it ?
So it's not really a brand issue.. but more about Amazon policing it's sellers/vendors.
Or maybe im misunderstanding Ops post.

Jarrow
NOW
Life Extension
Solaray
Doctors Best
Agree with this. Only protein I use is optimum from the vitamin shoppe, and their astragalus. Pick it up on my way home from the gym no shipping or wait.

Isn't the point of this thread that these brands are being counterfeited on Amazon .. with Amazon not doing anything about it ?
So it's not really a brand issue.. but more about Amazon policing it's sellers/vendors.
Or maybe im misunderstanding Ops post.
YES YES YES.

The point is the fuck faces at amazon don't GIVE A SHIT that you the consumer are getting ripped off, yet people still throw their money at the shit site. It will be a great world in the future when we can all choose between amazon or walmart...........what a great existence that will be.

And yet we all think Jeff Bozo is awesome and some have even been so hoodwinked by that guy that they claim he has a decent physique. Looks like at least in this arena he’s just another scammer. But we give him a pass and praise him because he’s rich. And then we wonder why so often rich people are jerks and try to walk all over everyone else.

And yet we all think Jeff Bozo is awesome and some have even been so hoodwinked by that guy that they claim he has a decent physique. Looks like at least in this arena he’s just another scammer. But we give him a pass and praise him because he’s rich. And then we wonder why so often rich people are jerks and try to walk all over everyone else.
Ha, people have said that bezoz has a decent physique? I've heard people call vin Diesel "jacked" and say Joe Rogan has a good physique, but that's a new low.

Anyone ever come across fake yohimbine? I used to use primaforce at 15 mg fasted would really feel it years ago. Now I've stated again same brand worked up to 25 mg nothing. It's cheap not sure why would be faked...but maybe lower quality or it's hard to source for companies?

Do you remember syntrax? (If you are old enough) they were selling ecdy, and I bought like 5 bottles, took double the recommended dose and got absolutely nothing out of it

Oh I'm old enough lol (46). Didn't use that brand but I seem to remember they had some crazy potent, and maybe dangerous, diet products, Norephedrine, yohimbine, usnic acid and more, all in one pill. Unless I'm mixing things up. The ecdysterone might even be "working" but it's likely going to be mild enough to not be perceptible really. I don't know if it's bullshit but there was always the claim that Russian athletes used it, between cycles and to extend the effects of steroid cycles coming into a comp clean.

Oh I'm old enough lol (46). Didn't use that brand but I seem to remember they had some crazy potent, and maybe dangerous, diet products, Norephedrine, yohimbine, usnic acid and more, all in one pill. Unless I'm mixing things up. The ecdysterone might even be "working" but it's likely going to be mild enough to not be perceptible really. I don't know if it's bullshit but there was always the claim that Russian athletes used it, between cycles and to extend the effects of steroid cycles coming into a comp clean.
You remember right… that usnic acid supp was 🔥

About as close to over the counter dnp you could get (except way more stimmy in effect). I always had very good results w Syntrax.

So should Big A or this site be responsible for the fake or undersides gear that is often sold by sponsors here? Sadly that’s not how things work on the big ole internet.

Amazon is not going to verify everything every seller has and probably don’t even care as it’s one big marketplace.

Or am I misunderstanding and these are actual sold by Amazon products which are proven to be fake? That’s something very different.

YES YES YES.

The point is the fuck faces at amazon don't GIVE A SHIT that you the consumer are getting ripped off, yet people still throw their money at the shit site. It will be a great world in the future when we can all choose between amazon or walmart...........what a great existence that will be.
How does this analysis prove that though? It looks like all the brands that has shit HPLC testing were obscure cheap brands, while the well known reputable companies like bulk supplements were accurate. I don’t see anything regarding counterfeiting in this document, though I may have missed it.

How does this analysis prove that though? It looks like all the brands that has shit HPLC testing were obscure cheap brands, while the well known reputable companies like bulk supplements were accurate. I don’t see anything regarding counterfeiting in this document, though I may have missed it.
This is what I'm trying to understand as well. Is it that Amazon is selling counterfeits of legit brands that are testing poorly? Or is it simply showing certain brands failing testing without regard to them being counterfeit?

In other words....some of these tests were posted on the AM forum and I believe the DoubleWood brand failed one particular test. So I wonder, was that a bottle straight from the DoubleWood seller (in which case that would make me avoid them altogether), or was that perhaps a "fake/counterfeit" DoubleWood bottle purchased on Amazon? So confusing, haha.

Jarrow
NOW
Life Extension
Solaray
Doctors Best

Nutricost is fyre.

NOW , Life extension, Jarrow and Nutricost are my go to's. I usually go with Nutricost and life extension. Nutricost yohimbine was insanely potent and insanely good value. I use them for mag citrate and other stuff.

Jarrow
NOW
Life Extension
Solaray
Doctors Best

Solid selection there! I've used a lot of Jarrow products over the years and recently have been using some Nutricost products with zero complaints.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131