over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More of my thoughts on Cholesterol and where we go wrong

There are plenty of good books out there, the last on I read was:

Reverse Heart Disease Now
by Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D.; and James C. Roberts, M.D.

The doctor makes the same points; poor food quality being the jist of it.
Horrible nutrient profiles that are in excess of poor quality nutrients and that lack in high quality nutrients. If I remember correctly, he also focused heavily on the fact that we Americans allow our selves to be too stressed out, which increases inflammatory markers.

Four years ago my bloodwork was so good after running a cycle and eating clean. I was eating 6 whole large regular eggs a day, and 12ozs of beef daily, and my lipids were in check. I am so glad I did not take any phamaceuticals to correct my lipids, I just ate more clean food like whole eggs.

I am going to scan a copy of a battery of tests tomorrow...I have a guy sending me his bloodwork and he just had all of these done...Im off to bed...but I'll do that tomorrow or at latest this weekend so you guys can see...

and we can change the world :)

JM

but yes LDL-C, LDL-P, Apo B, sdLDL, and more...another good one is Myeloperixidase (for inflammation)

wow. I just literally got home from getting bloods and then I open this thread.

Can a family doctor test for those things or does a private lab have to do it?

..great thread!!

wow. I just literally got home from getting bloods and then I open this thread.

Can a family doctor test for those things or does a private lab have to do it?

Private lab - they are easy to find though...I have people around here have their doctor send their blood to Health Diagnostic Laboratory...they do a real nice job....

john great stuff as always.

i have been totally swayed away from the traditional bodybuilder diet and back to the old fashioned 50's diet eggs meat raw milk veggies.

john what are your thoughts on IF fasting which many claim causes much lower inflamation on the body as opposed to the 5-6 meal per day feeding regime

HDL. So John, My Hdl normally hovers in the high 20's. It has been there as long as I have been checking which is long before i started any AAS. I have tried many different diets through the years but my HDL stays right around 28 and that is on or off AAS. (Lets not get into what tren does to it)...

So I have tried high fat diets with lower carbs, all good fats, omega 3 eggs, nuts, mac oil, olive oil, coconut oil etc. HDL raises slightly but only a few points. i have noticed when I am on higher fat diets my total cholesterol and ldl get high and when on lower fat diets my cholesterol and ldl go lower. My triglycerides are always low.

So do you have a recomendation to help get my HDL higher? I have been thinking of asking my DR to prescibe some niacin. Some guys I work with have had good luck with niacin raising their HDL.

Mountaindog, what you say is correct in every way. However, i just dont want the message to get lost that LDL or HDL are not important. The bottom line is that even when not looking at particle size every double blind placebo long term study shows that reducing LDL reduces cardiovascular accidents. When i was entering medical school, as long as your LDL was less than 130 it was considered "good." Then came long ten year study where they compared patients with no history or adverse risk of cardiovascular accidents and divided the group to patients that had LDL of 100-130 and the other group that was less than 100. After ten years, there was clear advantage that the less than 100 group fared much better.

Then they started dissecting the study and looked at data between the people that were between 70-100 and then ones that were less than 70. Guess what? the people that had less than 70 still fared better than the group that was 70-100.

You are right that HDL is they key. I rather have an HDL of 80 with LDL of 120 than LDL of 80 and HDL of 30. But if you can manage to boost your HDL to 60+ and keep LDLs low then you have the magic ticket :)

I have thought for a while the ldl heart disease connection is greatly exegerrated. Remember pretty much all medical studies done are funded by medical companies who have an interest in the results coming out a certain way. As a matter of fact it has already come to light several times medical study results were tempered with or studies redone several times untill they got the results they were looking for. Now if you can post spome truelly independant double blind studies; I would like to see those..
Here is an interesting little link that's of interest to our lifestyle.

Http://www.ahealthblog.com/ldl-cholesterol-needed-to-gain-more-muscle-mass.html

I have thought for a while the ldl heart disease connection is greatly exegerrated. Remember pretty much all medical studies done are funded by medical companies who have an interest in the results coming out a certain way. As a matter of fact it has already come to light several times medical study results were tempered with or studies redone several times untill they got the results they were looking for. Now if you can post spome truelly independant double blind studies; I would like to see those..
Here is an interesting little link that's of interest to our lifestyle.

Http://www.ahealthblog.com/ldl-cholesterol-needed-to-gain-more-muscle-mass.html

Any long term 7-10yr study that usually involves 10,000 people or more always has to be funded by someone. They usually cost at least $20million dollars. Who is going to pay for it? But there is not one single land mark study that would be published in respected journals such as New England Journal of Medicine etc that is not peer reviewed, and not a true double blind placebo study. There many many studies that are paid for pharmaceutical companies that turn out shit and the medication gets bagged.

Look at all the studies done on Leptin. They were all paid by phama companies, but you the results are there. You cant change them.

Falsifying results happens

**broken link removed**

Falsifying results happens

**broken link removed**

No one ever said falsifying shit doesnt happen. We can say that about every segment of industry from business, to politics etc. But what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? I am not sure what you are really arguing here? That having high LDL is a great thing? Please go eat a bunch of lard and McDoland and obtain an LDL of 200 and call me back at 50 and tell me how things are going :)

Please show me how and where the major land mark studies that are considered gold standard were redone multiple times. How do you repeat a 10yr study "a few times to get it right?" lol

Last edited:
All I am saying is that if you look at the big picture, something is missing. Statins are not helping a lot preventing first time cardiac events, if you look at the numbers we have less deadly cardiac events but moretotal events. Why? If ldl is the main culprit why are we not putting a major dent in heart disease statistics?

All I am saying is that if you look at the big picture, something is missing. Statins are not helping a lot preventing first time cardiac events, if you look at the numbers we have less deadly cardiac events but moretotal events. Why? If ldl is the main culprit why are we not putting a major dent in heart disease statistics?

Of course LDL is not the only "culprit." Look around. We are the fattest fucking country on the planet. Highest rates of hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Why we are not making any dent? Because everybody is still fucking fat. Out of the 300mil population how many do you think actually are on statins? just a few millions. Those by themselves are not going to change the overall picture. Also you can reduce your LDL to 70 but if your BP is crazy high and your diabetes has gone to shit, guess what? you will still are going to have cardiovascular events.

But none of that means that i am going to sit on my ass and let my LDL go to 170 singing to myself that it is all going to be ok.

Well sure, eating healthy and exercising makes sense but what about people with genetically high cholesterol? Would you say those people need to be on statins?

Well sure, eating healthy and exercising makes sense but what about people with genetically high cholesterol? Would you say those people need to be on statins?

Absolutely. Actually most people that have high cholesterol is because of genetics anyways. To even give you a flip side of it, there is a genetic disease if you call it that "abnormally" causes extremely high HDL levels within certain asian population. I am talking about HDLs of 200+. Would you believe that these people have the lowest levels of cardiovascular accidents?

My entire family has high cholesterol. I eat extremely healthy my naturally my LDLs are still 160-180. Of course i take statins. I would be stupid not to.

Is heart disease prevalent in your family? What are your thoughts on that only oxidized ldl sticks to artery walls? Sorry my posts are kind ofshort but I am doing this from myphone

Last edited:
Alpha
Has your hdl gotten better w the addition of avacado and walnut?

My cholesterol 312 with an hdl of 28.

I just started crestor today.

My muscle enzymes are high at 633. Its there any way to bring these down.

My doc didnt really want me on a statin cause of the high muscle enzymes levels cause statins can increase t them also.

My cholesterol 312 with an hdl of 28.

I just started crestor today.

My muscle enzymes are high at 633. Its there any way to bring these down.

My doc didnt really want me on a statin cause of the high muscle enzymes levels cause statins can increase t them also.

DUDE..are you doing cardio? Are you on or off? If so what is your cycle? Whats your diet???

You need to look at those more than ever bro....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131