over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MOST OVER AND UNDERRATED PRO.

Vander_V

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
Who would you all consider the most overrated and underrated pro of today or in the past.

my picks

under-rated by far flex wheeler
over-rated coleman...should have been beat by both flex and leverone

I second that...

...but I'd go so far as to say that a particular "type" has and continues to be overlooked and underrated on a regular basis and that is the balanced, aesthetically pleasing physiques (like Flex Wheeler, S. Ray, Levrone, Frank Zane, etc... )

And yes, Coleman overrated by far...

What Coleman are you guys talking about? Because there is no way in hell someone could actually say that Ronnie Coleman is overrated. Who else in the history of BBing have all other competitors just said was the best ever and was unbeatable? Jay was the only guy who actually believed that he could beat Ronnie. All other athlete's just understood that Ronnie was on a higher level.

Present
Overrated- Branch Warren
Underrated- Dennis Wolf

Past
Overrated- Lee Labrada
Underrated- Bertil Fox

Dusty

Dusty,
For me it's just personal preference. I see coleman as overdeveloped with no asthetic qualities to his physique. I would personally set the standard to beat as Serge Nubret in his prime.

Franco Columbu, Frank Zane - overrated, should not be held in such high regard IMO.
Sergio Oliva - underrated, the guy's physique was unmatched even up until 10 years ago or so.
Flex Wheeler- Not underrated in the traditional sense, but I feel like he was the best ever although he routinely missed his peak, unfortunate.

Ronnie can never be over rated!!!

I don't think Ronnie can be over rated. i remember when i first met Milos and i was asking him about all the athletes that came thru his gym doing photo shoots, etc. i remember him saying that yeah, they were all big guys but ronnie is in his own league!
over rated: Branch Warren, i like him alot, nice guy have seen him train, etc. but i just think he is a leg freak and thats it. actually, there are a ton of guys over rated. flavor of the month kinda thing that goes on in bodybuilding. under rated: Dennis Wolf, this guy is a FREAK and with a small waist
correctly rated: Phil Heath, i remember first time i saw him in person. i wanted to see if all the hype was legit, and it is. that dude is a cartoon character! STEELE

underrated now - Dennis James

overrated- Zane, Dickerson, Good physiques but 170 - 180 lbs just isn't very big. compared to guys today in the nationals in the same weight class they still get beat. and in their prime I feel Mentzer was better.

Dusty,
For me it's just personal preference. I see coleman as overdeveloped with no asthetic qualities to his physique. I would personally set the standard to beat as Serge Nubret in his prime.

Wow.....:confused:

But back to question at hand

Underrated - Silvio Samuel. Awesome physique..cracks top 10 at the O this year easily while passing some seasoned competitors. He has taken some heat for competing over and over but you have to hand it to the guy. Oh, and he is improving.

Overrated - I don't think anyone asks for hype surrounding themselves except for maybe one pro that comes to mind. However, I think maybe instead of saying "overrated" maybe I would say didn't live up to their potential or expectations of others. Toney Freeman bombed badly at the O and Branch had some bad placings too but at the same time they also had pro wins this year. It's hard to say exactly who I think is overrated because I think anyone that turns pro does so for a reason and that in itself is a great accomplishment.

Present
Over rated-Darrem Charles, Gustavo Badel, Desmond Miller
Under rated-Can't say Wolf cause he's had headlines saying "Next Mr O" so I'd say Silvio Samuel, David henry, Johnny Jackson
Past
Over rated-Arnold. Wow factor-yes, great from angles-yes, quarter turns-don't see it. I believe that Arnold among the key ambassaders to the sport. He came at the right time and he had the carisma for it. He was in no doubt deserving of the Mr. O, but he shouldn't have as many sandows as he has.
Gotta throw Zane in here too.
Under rated-Mentzer

Last edited:
Dusty,

I agree with Coleman being overated as a complete bodybuilder. Now as far as genetics and being the ultimate freak, Coleman outways all by far. But coleman simply doesnt have the asthetics, symmetry, and overal bodybuilding pacakge that a Flex, Shawn Ray, or even Dexter for that matter.

Present:
Underated: Dexter Jackson
Overated: Jay Cutler

Past:
Overated: Dorian Yates
Underated: Shawn Ray

Underrated - Darrem Charles

Overrated - Ronnie Coleman
Jay Cutler

Worldspan

Underrated - Aaron baker and charles clairmonte come to mind

Last edited:
Most overrated bodybuilder of all time and space by far no doubt in my mind-I-might-get-jumped-on-for-saying-this-but-here-goes-anyways: Frank Zane.

Most underrated: Sergio Oliva, biggest freak of all time IMO. Oh yea, someone said Brutal Fox...That guy was so far ahead of his time....Superfreak, I suggest for those that don't remember, youtube him....here you go I did it for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIHFgrwHvCE. And, for comparison here is one of Frank Zane from the same contest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCcPdiefv0&feature=related. At least he played Pink Floyd.

Wow so many to choose from

OVER-
Cutler takes the top spot. Where is his aethetics or symmetry? Seperation? Detail? uhhhhhh
Frank Zane...he was ripped and "classical" (aka small).
TREY BREWER (NUFF SAID)
Dorian Yates!!!!!!! I dont care how great his conditioning was or how big his back was...everything else was.... EH to say the least! (ok maybe calves!)
Ronnie of 2001 and on....

UNDER
Ronnie of 98-2000. Unfreakingbeatable
Ronnie Rockel! Super round and symmetrical with huge sweeping quads, round guns, great....everything!

i can go on and on, but il stop here to eat my sausage n meatballs :D

OK.. ill play.. most overrated today- darrem charles.. most overrated in the past- arnold..
most underrated today- ronnie coleman (although ronnie was the best of all time, people still continue to bash the guy in mags ect.. even the pros of today will tell ya that ronnie was on a whole different level and they were fighting for second place) most underrated in past - aaron baker (flawless physique and did not get what he deserved..

Wow so many to choose from

OVER-
Cutler takes the top spot. Where is his aethetics or symmetry? Seperation? Detail? uhhhhhh
Frank Zane...he was ripped and "classical" (aka small).
TREY BREWER (NUFF SAID)
Dorian Yates!!!!!!! I dont care how great his conditioning was or how big his back was...everything else was.... EH to say the least! (ok maybe calves!)
Ronnie of 2001 and on....

UNDER
Ronnie of 98-2000. Unfreakingbeatable
Ronnie Rockel! Super round and symmetrical with huge sweeping quads, round guns, great....everything!

i can go on and on, but il stop here to eat my sausage n meatballs :D

I have to agree.
OVER
by far- Jay Cutler
Jay just doesnt have a great physique, yes hes big no doubtl but he also
has zero aesthetics and his symetry is off, hes a great white hope that soon will be taken over by Dennis Wolf.

Zane- was only overrated because he ws small, his shape and genetics can stand against anyone, Imagine zane 6ft and 290lbs ripped wit his structure:eek:

Dorian- I think hes another great white hope which took 5 O's, he did his job and most fans of bbing are white so I think he applys to the many bber wannabies, hes like there hero lmao.

UNDER
Arnold- people wanna bash him for not being big enuff, wake up people he was the biggest for his time,he competed in the 70's thats almost 40 yrs ago:eek: the dude just doesnt get credit, he was a MONSTER and a MIRACLE for his time.

Ronnie Coleman in his hay day people still bashed him, i guess the best are always gonna tack shit.

Of today:

Overrated - Cutler. Nice guy, great ambassador for the sport, but just not pleasing to look at, and not freaky enough to pull it off like Coleman. And Victor Martinez. Don't understand how they placed Martinez over Wolf.

Underrated - Wolf. Not only does he have the aesthetics that the sport should be getting back to, he takes his BS placings like a true gentleman. Also, Frank McGrath. If I had to pick one physique I wanted to emulate, it would be his.

Of the past:

Overrated - Zane. Nice symmetry, but just not big enough to impress me personally.

Underrated - A third for Baker.

What Coleman are you guys talking about? Because there is no way in hell someone could actually say that Ronnie Coleman is overrated. Who else in the history of BBing have all other competitors just said was the best ever and was unbeatable? Jay was the only guy who actually believed that he could beat Ronnie. All other athlete's just understood that Ronnie was on a higher level.

AMEN! Ronnie at his best was untouchable and it will be some time before another pro looks as good as Ronnie did in his earlier Olympia victories.

Forgot all about Aaron "Batman" Baker......unbelievable BB that somehow got overlooked too often. Now everyone quit bashing my personal fav Yates. Until I see another BB video better then Blood and Guts, he's my fav. :)

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner