advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Motorcycle as you're main form of transportation?

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
With the current gas price crises facing all of us how many of you out there depend on a motorcycle as you're only means of transportation or at least 50% of it. How does it impact you're bodybuilding and training in the gym. (packing you're food, weightlifting belt, ABBA's greatest hits [kidding], change of clothes, etc..) Circumstance has caused me to ride a motorcycle as my only means of transportation. It has been a few months now and though the daily commute is 64 miles I am really starting to get used to the ride. My riding skill has never been better and the 32 mile ride home in the evening is usually very peaceful. The true test will be in a few weeks when the rainy season starts then I may be singing a different tune.

Way back when...... When I was in college - I drove a motorcycle year round and in PA it can be freaking cold. As far as gym gear, I had a locker and kept everything in it.

Now... I wouldn't mind riding a motorcycle year round but thank goodness I don't have too. I would have to get side saddles for my k1200r so that I could carry 2 coolers for food... LOL

Just be safe out there... fucking people rarely respect us on motorcycles.

NOthing wrong with it but a bike will only be better on gas if you're in total control of your right hand!

With the current gas price crises facing all of us how many of you out there depend on a motorcycle as you're only means of transportation or at least 50% of it. How does it impact you're bodybuilding and training in the gym. (packing you're food, weightlifting belt, ABBA's greatest hits [kidding], change of clothes, etc..) Circumstance has caused me to ride a motorcycle as my only means of transportation. It has been a few months now and though the daily commute is 64 miles I am really starting to get used to the ride. My riding skill has never been better and the 32 mile ride home in the evening is usually very peaceful. The true test will be in a few weeks when the rainy season starts then I may be singing a different tune.

I own a customized harley roadking, I use it for pleasure mostly but, You can pack alot in the saddlebags and lock them. You could even use them as coolers if you wanted. It hardly ever rains here in CA:D

i wish up here in canada it gets a bit cold in the winter and the tires dont seem to stick in the snow... plus even if it was nice id like to have a car too there are just so many occasions u need to haul stuff or it rains

I have a Harley Fat Boy and I use it for my 55 mpg fun in the sun.

Too bad I am not close to you Pesty, we could hook up for a ride

I have a Harley Fat Boy and I use it for my 55 mpg fun in the sun.

Too bad I am not close to you Pesty, we could hook up for a ride

I was getting 55mpg, now it is more like 35mpg. Bike has more juice now. I have alot of friends that have harleys. :cool:

I used to love riding when I was in school. The way people drive out here I'm scared I would get hit by other car though. People just don't pay attention....

Two thirds of ALL motorcycle deaths occur when the motorcycle driver is passing through the green light of an intersection. A car in the perpendicular lane pulls a right on red and smacks into the motorcycle.

Crazy drivers aside, a motorcycle would be a great idea.

I own a customized harley roadking, I use it for pleasure mostly but, You can pack alot in the saddlebags and lock them. You could even use them as coolers if you wanted. It hardly ever rains here in CA:D

I have a Road King also a 2005 FLHPI (police model) for those that are unfamiliar with Road Kings. I am able to pack alot in the saddlebags I also just bought a Tour Pack like item very similar to the Harley Tour Pack minus the expensive cost. I am going to attempt to install it onto the plate that once supported the police Radio. The bike is fantastic, very comfortable. It is pretty much stock with the screaming eagle pipes and setup I also added a tank badge that is retro 50's style gives the bike a little character.
A few pics
**broken link removed**

I'll never get one, after standing over a close friend in the trauma center while he lay on the bed with multiple skull fractures, broken clavicles, ribs, brain hemoraging, etc etc I'll never get one. They had to cut the guy open like a turkey just so his swollen lungs had room to move and circulate oxygen. I stood in the waiting room holding hands with about 50 other guys from work and prayed for him. Dr. came out and said he probably wouldnt make it, so if we wanted to see him we could go in the room 3 at a time. In my line of work I see alot of death and tragedy, but when it's one of your own you aint so tough. Anyways, the guy managed to hang on by a thread, it's been 2 1/2 months since the wreck and he still cannot walk. fuck a bike

any form of transportation can be dangerous but you have to respect what your riding and be aware of your surroundings at all times. I own a custom bike and love just cruising on the country roads and I try to take the back roads any where i'm going who cares if it takes longer that is the point.

Support your LOCAL 81

Well, I've always had a Harley. I was making 27-36K at one time and could barely afford to pay the rent. I had to save up for company functions, like happy hours, weeks in advance. I rode throughout some of the worst climate to get by, beacuse the 1990 Lincoln Towncar I had only got 18 MPG. Granted times have changed now, but we never forget where we came from. This type of problem is killing the lower class especially and making middle class uncomfortable in what they worked so hard to achieve. Hopefully, a new president will be able to change the face of depression. Hopefully.

I am seeing more of the Smart Cars around. Problem is they really dont get that much better gas mileage.

I'll never get one, after standing over a close friend in the trauma center while he lay on the bed with multiple skull fractures, broken clavicles, ribs, brain hemoraging, etc etc I'll never get one. They had to cut the guy open like a turkey just so his swollen lungs had room to move and circulate oxygen. I stood in the waiting room holding hands with about 50 other guys from work and prayed for him. Dr. came out and said he probably wouldnt make it, so if we wanted to see him we could go in the room 3 at a time. In my line of work I see alot of death and tragedy, but when it's one of your own you aint so tough. Anyways, the guy managed to hang on by a thread, it's been 2 1/2 months since the wreck and he still cannot walk. fuck a bike

That is something very important to consider. Sorry to hear about that. It must hurt to have that happen to a close friend.

Riding a motorcycle is like gambling, with the odds in your favor. If enough time is spent on a motorcycle you very well could end up in a hospital.

I used to love riding when I was in school. The way people drive out here I'm scared I would get hit by other car though. People just don't pay attention....

I95 is horrible, everytime I think about riding I just watch the other drivers here and picture the ICU

I ride a Honda Shadow 750, fully aware of the dangers on the road but you can't beat being on 2 wheels.

I reckon if everyone had to ride a bike for a year before they were allowed to drive a car, there would be a bit more 'understanding' on the roads. So many drivers say 'I didnt see the bike' but often they're not even looking for one.

I've had a motorcycle (Harly Davidson only) since I was old enough to be on the road...And many times over the years it has been my only means of transportation. They are a huge part of my life as I have owned a custom motorcycle shop years back and am a member of a prominant, well known, motorcyle club. The safety issues lies on the factors of bad drivers (hell, some people don't even see other CARS let alone bikes) and the current trend of "it's cool"...alot of people have no business on a bike and get one for all the wrong reasons with NO ability, and are plain wreckless. As you stated, the peacefullness of the ride can be second to none...the down side is weather conditions can be a real bitch! I still to this day put ungodly miles on my bike (03' springer softtail custom) and as said above, saddle bags can hold alot of shit so no worries there...and can't beat the milage. Ride safe and take it all in bro!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131