over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mountain Dog Training Q's

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey everyone, I have a couple questions regarding Mountain Dog training that I'm hoping someone familiar with Johns system can answer. I'm not asking for any info that anyone has paid for or anything, there is plenty of free info that Mr. Meadows himself has put out there and this is some questions I have after reading his articles and posts on here.

First off is band training. I know what it is, I've seen the videos on EFS and other places of how to set up for bench, squat etc. What I don't know much about is how and why you would incorporate bands into your training when doing Mountain Dog style. I believe that the bands could be used as an intensity booster but any input you guys have would be great. What phases did you incorporate bands into on what exercises etc.
There is a band set for sale that is made for MD training that includes:
-Two Pro Monster Mini bands
-Two Pro Mini bands
-Two Pro Micro bands
-Two Pro Light bands
-Two Pro Short Mini bands
Does that seem like it would get the job done?
My thinking on the bands is that you would start incorporating them in phase 2 as you build up your volume you add in a band exercise per muscle or so.

My next question is regarding phase 3. I've got a pretty good idea of how I would set this up after the high volume phase but I'm curious as to the length of it? John always mentions it is the last three weeks of the 12 week program. At the end of three weeks though if you are feeling good couldn't you keep going for a few weeks more before deloading, or is the three week mark the best place to stop?

Thanks for any help, and please feel free to post your own questions regarding this style of training and maybe we can get a good conversation going.

All of Johns programs are individualized. Personally we didn't incorporate bands in my routines and each phase is based upon you, your goals and your body. You wouldn't regret hiring him. It's all very user friendly

Hire the man. His 12 week training program is $400. I bet you've spent more than that on 12 weeks worth of gear in the past.

Hire the man. His 12 week training program is $400. I bet you've spent more than that on 12 weeks worth of gear in the past.

Thats a great deal. I know people who charge a lot more and get a lot less results.

All of Johns programs are individualized. Personally we didn't incorporate bands in my routines and each phase is based upon you, your goals and your body. You wouldn't regret hiring him. It's all very user friendly

Im sure he has set programs... theres no way one would create a total new regiment for each and every person .. He just has many templates and chooses the one that suits your goals the best. No one in this industry Dedicates a 100% individualized program just for you if they did you would be paying in the ranges of multiple thousands because of the time and detail required. Nutrition is different however it goes along those same principles.

With bands it's basically a good way of constant increase in tension on the muscle throughout the full range of motion.

The best way is to start with the mini bands but don't choke them tight otherwise sometimes the tension comes on to fast. Build up with band tension like anything and work it gradually.

I actually prefer chains to bands as I find the load increase much more even as opposed to bands

Bands are awesome. And yes that is the best pack to get so you can do everything with them.

Reverse banding is a great way to over load the top of a movement and get some amazing peak contractions. Bench bench reverse banded wide grip to the neck is fantastic.

Using the bands and a tensioner requires you to exlode through the band as tension increases at the top. Very good for speed work. Or on machines as a good finisher. ex doing HS chest press and holding the contraction for a 2 count at the top with the band resitance will give you a crazy pump.

Great for back exercises as well to really help get a quality peak contraction. You can play around with the set up. I added bands to normal ez bar preacher curls which made them awesome. Instead of being easy at the top it was the hardest part. Compeletely changes the strength curve

Last edited:
Band are use to improve speed on major lifts. They can also be substituted with chains.

i am a strongman compititor and have used bands and chains for years they will beat u up pretty bad but i have worked with john on nutrition for the last 3 months and what he has done for my recovery is unreal even the hardest days i am ready for the next workout so make sure your nutrition is on point if you use alot of band tension

Im sure he has set programs... theres no way one would create a total new regiment for each and every person .. He just has many templates and chooses the one that suits your goals the best. No one in this industry Dedicates a 100% individualized program just for you if they did you would be paying in the ranges of multiple thousands because of the time and detail required. Nutrition is different however it goes along those same principles.

I never said it was for only one person

from your post it sure looks like you are

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity