over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Movie - Prisoners

jay_dub

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
For the 99% of us that planned to go see Generation Iron this weekend but couldn't due to its limited release - go put that money to see Prisoners instead. Don't question me here and just do it. Fuck Generation Iron. Prisoners is as close to absolute perfection ever witnessed in a movie EVER imo (and I'm a HUGE movie junkie).

Hugh Jackman put on the most intense, amazing performance you will probably ever see. He deserves every damn award possible here. Jake Gyllenhaal is also absolutely flawless and couldn't have done better. Surrounding roles as good as they come. The acting blew my fucking mind.

Fuck whatever plans you have and go see this ASAP. This is what movies are made for. I've never had a movie make me feel such raw emotion than I did tonight at Prisoners . It was seriously like some sort of drug lol. I was sweating and shaking almost the entire movie. Call me a geek but I'm straight amped up after just walking out of the theater after this one.

I couldn't possibly recommend a movie more than I am right now and I really doubt I ever will again.

GO SEE PRISONERS

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

I hear that its good movie except maybe a little bit of overacting on Mr Jackman's part.

I hear that its good movie except maybe a little bit of overacting on Mr Jackman's part.

Overacting? Do you know what this movie is about? Without spoiling anything, and since it's shown in the previews, he plays a father of which his youngest daughter is abducted from his neighbors house while he is there with her. That's just barely scratching the surface of his circumstances (he witnesses MUCH more). As a strong father figure and protector of a family, and your only daughter of say 8 years old is abducted right from under you, I'm not sure it would even be possible to "overact" that part. How he took this imagined role in his head and shows the emotion and intensity he does here just amazes me. I would have never thought Wolverine was capable of reaching such an amazing an untouchable level of acting that he did in this. It's truly a rare thing anymore.

I mean when movies like Pain and Gain are getting praised so highly these days I find movies like this one almost art like. Movies are mostly garbage anymore. When I read all the praise of Pain and Gain on here (yet still not expecting anything from it), seeing it scored 60% on rotten tomatoes, and then finally actually beginning to watch it I was literally stunned. How so many could say good things and actually recommend such fucking low class trash truly makes me lose the small amount of hope I have left in people, Americans especially. I found not a single moment of enjoyment in the first hour I managed to keep it on before turning it off. Beyond stupid, terrible acting, completely retarded script, etc etc etc. I read the real story on the real guys the movie was based on and how they could fuck up such a crazy interesting and twisted story is completely beyond me. It's as if all the top morons involved in making this movie sat around and said "wow this is such a great piece for a movie and has unlimited potential for some great entertainment. But fuck all that, our goal here is turn this story into the biggest pile of dog shit possible and make it so incredibly stupid the audience will want to put a bullet in their head before watching the entire thing. Fucking brilliant! " Michael Bay really outdid all the previous shit, this was by far his biggest pile of shit on screen yet.

Sorry for the rant.

GO SEE PRISONERS

Lol its been a long day....

Overacting? Do you know what this movie is about? Without spoiling anything, and since it's shown in the previews, he plays a father of which his youngest daughter is abducted from his neighbors house while he is there with her. That's just barely scratching the surface of his circumstances (he witnesses MUCH more). As a strong father figure and protector of a family, and your only daughter of say 8 years old is abducted right from under you, I'm not sure it would even be possible to "overact" that part. How he took this imagined role in his head and shows the emotion and intensity he does here just amazes me. I would have never thought Wolverine was capable of reaching such an amazing an untouchable level of acting that he did in this. It's truly a rare thing anymore.

I mean when movies like Pain and Gain are getting praised so highly these days I find movies like this one almost art like. Movies are mostly garbage anymore. When I read all the praise of Pain and Gain on here (yet still not expecting anything from it), seeing it scored 60% on rotten tomatoes, and then finally actually beginning to watch it I was literally stunned. How so many could say good things and actually recommend such fucking low class trash truly makes me lose the small amount of hope I have left in people, Americans especially. I found not a single moment of enjoyment in the first hour I managed to keep it on before turning it off. Beyond stupid, terrible acting, completely retarded script, etc etc etc. I read the real story on the real guys the movie was based on and how they could fuck up such a crazy interesting and twisted story is completely beyond me. It's as if all the top morons involved in making this movie sat around and said "wow this is such a great piece for a movie and has unlimited potential for some great entertainment. But fuck all that, our goal here is turn this story into the biggest pile of dog shit possible and make it so incredibly stupid the audience will want to put a bullet in their head before watching the entire thing. Fucking brilliant! " Michael Bay really outdid all the previous shit, this was by far his biggest pile of shit on screen yet.

Sorry for the rant.

GO SEE PRISONERS

Lol its been a long day....

lol I knew somebody would tell me there is no such thing as overacting, especially when its a movie that deals with such "emotional" issues.

lol I knew somebody would tell me there is no such thing as overacting, especially when its a movie that deals with such "emotional" issues.

I'm definitely not saying it's not possible man. We've all seen subpar actors/actresses who are lacking true talent that end up over emphasizing or exaggerating themselves way too much which only makes their emotions and overall character that much less believe able and plain cheesy. Trust me when I say you won't think that for one second.

Put a kidnapper who targets young girls in the same room as one of the abducted girl's father, who happens to be a badass mofo, and I bet you that you're screaming on the inside for the father to tear that sick son of a bitch into a billion pieces.

Well Hugh will deliver to your twisted requests, even more so than you probably want him to, trick you for a couple hours of your life into believing this could possibly be reality (at the least fuck very intensely with your head and emotions), and during the process knock you on your ass with unexpected and overwhelming feelings of pain/suffering and very overwhelming real and raw emotion that this man and his family is enduring. The movie was so good it's almost as if you're an extra family member just on the sidelines observing each persons world collapse from under them.

I'll just stop now cuz I'm hyping this up way too much. Go expecting nothing like I did and you'll come out at the very least content with the price you paid for expensive theater tickets

I agree, the movie was off the hook! Loved it.

As far as overacting goes? This subject is about a man's child that gets kidnapped. I doubt very much any "normal" parent would be thinking clear headed if their kid got snatched. smdh. And any parent that IS able to think so clear headed and behave normally, than I question them as being a human being.

My daughter is 14 now, when she was 8-9, around that age, we were in a walmart and she decided to play a joke on me and hide in the clothing rack, and wouldn't answer me when I was calling for her. My heart was damn near in my throat when I couldn't find her and when I did, I lost it for her playing a joke like that on me.

So as far as overacting goes... you must not have a child and never been in a situation where that child couldn't be found.

btw, without trying to sound like internet badass here, if someone did snatch my daughter, he best pray to whatever god he believes in that the police get him and hold him. my lil girl is all i have, and if she was gone, i have no reason whatsoever to follow the laws of the land with regards to the guy that took her from me. pretty much the same as the dad that just beat the pedo to death when he caught the guy raping his daughter.

I highly recommend this movie.

Saw it last night with my girl, excellent. It's a long ass movie but it flows and you don't realize it. Acting was great. Jackman couldn't play it any better, I don't know if he will get an award for it but he should, really great performance. Pulls you in with him, you are him, that's what a great actor can do. He does that in this role. Jake was great, seemed to me a cop with a troubled past. They didn't say that, but the tats and his acting reveal it, just a tormented guy inside. Same with Jackman, internal torment that's revealed late in the movie. You understand who he is. I don't remember Jake having twitchy eyes so if that was part of the act it just plain works. Refreshing movie from the usual garbage...

Saw it last night with my girl, excellent. It's a long ass movie but it flows and you don't realize it. Acting was great. Jackman couldn't play it any better, I don't know if he will get an award for it but he should, really great performance. Pulls you in with him, you are him, that's what a great actor can do. He does that in this role. Jake was great, seemed to me a cop with a troubled past. They didn't say that, but the tats and his acting reveal it, just a tormented guy inside. Same with Jackman, internal torment that's revealed late in the movie. You understand who he is. I don't remember Jake having twitchy eyes so if that was part of the act it just plain works. Refreshing movie from the usual garbage...

I forgot to mention Jakes twitching. It's a part of his act. Stuff like that is what makes the characters here unmatchable.

Want to see this!
I have three daughters, not sure though if I want this kinda shit even crossing my mind.
Looks freaking intense!

Yep, same reason I like the movie, "Taken". Brutal subject matter and Liam Neeson, who can act. Another great movie....the first one. The sequel is kinda campy.

I saw it last night, that movie was awesome! Great ending, the rest of the theater didn't think so though lol!!!!!

Want to see this!
I have three daughters, not sure though if I want this kinda shit even crossing my mind.
Looks freaking intense!

Having been the sole father figure to my ex's daughter from age 3 until 8 at which point things just didn't work out and loving her just as if she was mine all along, I had a total understanding of the father's perspective.

Yep, same reason I like the movie, "Taken". Brutal subject matter and Liam Neeson, who can act. Another great movie....the first one. The sequel is kinda campy.

I liked Taken but its hard to relate to an ex CIA spy lol. And in comparison, Taken is like a rated G kids movie after watching Prisoners. Before seeing this I had read some critics comments saying the movie goes too far and crosses too many lines.

I saw it last night, that movie was awesome! Great ending, the rest of the theater didn't think so though lol!!!!!

I looked around at the crowd afterwards and most people had a grin on there faces but definitely some pissed off looking people too lol.

So for those who saw it, how far is too far? Could you do what the father did?

amazing movie was kept in suspense the whole time. from the very start all the way to the end very immersive!

I was really excited to see this movie and after reading this thread, I am even more excited. Looks really good based on the previews.

It's impossible to overact, as long as your nutrition is on point.

Sitting in the theater right now with the wife waiting for it to start. Will give my review tomorrow.

So for those who saw it, how far is too far? Could you do what the father did?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

In a heart beat without hesitation.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner