over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr.Olympia 2018: link, predictions and discussion

White guy genetics :( Only way for them to compete with the top is to kill themselves with ungodly amounts of drugs.
Jay and Dorian did pretty well. And both are healthy now.

Time under tension is a concept for muscle growth and damage from drugs...get in, do what you need to, and get out.

It probably helped that many guys didn't have access or funds for stuff like guys do today, it prevented them from loading the turkey baster too early and burning themselves out.

That famous bust of that doc in Mexico that ran a giant lab turned everything into the Sahara desert for a while...I know the older guys know what I'm talking about [emoji10][emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

i think politics also played a role in this Olympia too but just in a different way. I have a feeling the powers that be in the sport did not want Phil's legacy sitting next to Ronnie and Lee Haney. I have a feeling they were not happy with his look and all the hoopla about his stomach and figured that they just didn't want him in the same conversation as the other two.

Of all of the modern Olympias I'd say that Shawn Rhoden has least back development. Traditionally, starting with Bannout, every Olympia winner has had exceptional back development. I can only think of one instance where a guy with a better back placed lower when it was between first and second place (Dexter beating Jay).

In any event, I think Shawn looked great and is definitely deserving of the victory, but i also believe that this show was not free of politics. I think Kai is better than both Phil and Shawn but unfortunately i could not see him getting the nod simply based on the grapefruit incident. That would be alot of bad publicity for bodybuilding if their number one had that on his resume and it's a shame too because he's an amazing bodybuilder. Just my opinion.

Nah, the same thing has happened a few times. Ronnie.. off for 2years straight. Getting worse and worse and then.. losses to Jay. Jay, body was worn and after number 2 he starts having the same nerve damage (I think) as Ronnie, tho not as severe. And then bicep problems. He eventually loses.
And now with Phil. Off for a couple of years. Looks as tho his body has had enough. Not really responding fully. And.. he finally loses.

Nah, the same thing has happened a few times. Ronnie.. off for 2years straight. Getting worse and worse and then.. losses to Jay. Jay, body was worn and after number 2 he starts having the same nerve damage (I think) as Ronnie, tho not as severe. And then bicep problems. He eventually loses.
And now with Phil. Off for a couple of years. Looks as tho his body has had enough. Not really responding fully. And.. he finally loses.

I respectfully disagree. Unless my memory's off, when Ronnie lost he was undeniably looking worse due to injury. There was no way he could hide it. Jay's second time around losing his O was the same situation. I don't think Phil is as far gone as those two were and he's younger than they were. Phil doesn't have any body parts regressing as far as i could tell. MAYBE the argument could be made his quads were down. His stomach seems to be his biggest issue as it's quite distracting and it's been a knock on him for awhile now. That and his conditioning (this year and the year before). If he can fix those two i think he can come back and win. Just my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. Unless my memory's off, when Ronnie lost he was undeniably looking worse due to injury. There was no way he could hide it. Jay's second time around losing his O was the same situation. I don't think Phil is as far gone as those two were and he's younger than they were. Phil doesn't have any body parts regressing as far as i could tell. MAYBE the argument could be made his quads were down. His stomach seems to be his biggest issue as it's quite distracting and it's been a knock on him for awhile now. That and his conditioning (this year and the year before). If he can fix those two i think he can come back and win. Just my opinion.

after Ronnie lost, the door swung wide open for Jay.. it was the Coleman/Cutler show for years - with everyone else battling for 3rd.

Jay didnt really have anyone who could take the crown until he came in REALLY shitty when he lost to dexter.

The competition is much more intense now. Phil won't win again.

after Ronnie lost, the door swung wide open for Jay.. it was the Coleman/Cutler show for years - with everyone else battling for 3rd.

Jay didnt really have anyone who could take the crown until he came in REALLY shitty when he lost to dexter.

The competition is much more intense now. Phil won't win again.
Phil still pretty much beats everyone when they turn around. I don't think anyone can beat him except Ramy and Rhoden. Maybe Roelly but i don't see that happening. I think Phil comes back next year and if he doesn't win it he calls it quits.

White guy genetics :( Only way for them to compete with the top is to kill themselves with ungodly amounts of drugs.

Not true. Dorian is the first person that was the biggest and leanest in the history of mankind period.

Up until 1993 he was using 1500 mgs a week . He never used more than about 2,000 mgs per week and that was during the offseason later in his career.

he also trained so intense and hard he messed up his body with injuries. Most guys arnt willing to train that intense and be that meticulous with their diets. I know from previous injuries im scared to train that intense because I used too in my mid twenties to late twenties and suffered some quite bad injuries! Im with Phil on why use exercises that hurt if you can use machines and have the same amount of muscle.

**broken link removed**

images

**broken link removed**

Coleman suppressed Yates in size eventually as far as muscle.

Cutler was damn big too

If anyone remembers Dennis and Shawn were going back and forth, Shawn would win one, then dennis would win one, then Shawn would win one. Dennis eventually injured his neck squatting like six plates or something, something he didnt need to do bc his legs were already monsterish and still are, he could have lessened the weight on squats or just done hacks, leg press, etc.

Big Ramy is caucasian if you want to bring up race; although in condition Ronnie had more muscle .

1978735_532553286863022_99685779_n-1.jpg

1972342_532553326863018_25344769_n-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not true. Dorian is the first person that was the biggest and leanest in the history of mankind period.

Up until 1993 he was using 1500 mgs a week . He never used more than about 2,000 mgs per week and that was during the offseason later in his career.

he also trained so intense and hard he messed up his body with injuries.

**broken link removed**

images

**broken link removed**

Coleman suppressed Yates in size eventually as far as muscle.

Cutler was damn big too

If anyone remembers Dennis and Shawn were going back and forth, Shawn would win one, then dennis would win one, then Shawn would win one. Dennis eventually injured his neck squatting like six plates or something, something he didnt need to do bc his legs were already monsterish and still are, he could have lessened the weight on squats or just done hacks, leg press, etc.

Big Ramy is caucasian if you want to bring up race.

1978735_532553286863022_99685779_n-1.jpg

1972342_532553326863018_25344769_n-1.jpg

how do you know what Dorian took?

:eek:

believe what you will. I can tell you I made incredible gains naturally. Even when I first started competing I used a prohormone cycle 6-8 weeks before a competition and that was it.

More of its intense training and meticulous nutrition than you think. <pst people have no idea what its like to train like someone has a gun to your head and will shoot your family if you dont get another rep

I truly believe Dorian on his dosages, he has no reason to lie

Last edited:
how do you know what Dorian took?

Hes revealed it multiple times since 2009 MD where he went over his precontest offseason cycles.

Weve talked about it multiple times.

Theres an article on Md called the lowdown on drugs

theres so many Dorian interviews where he goes into it

TheThinker and I have studied a lot of Dorian stuff

believe what you will. I can tell you I made incredible gains naturally. Even when I first started competing I used a prohormone cycle 6-8 weeks before a competition and that was it.

More of its intense training and meticulous nutrition than you think. <pst people have no idea what its like to train like someone has a gun to your head and will shoot your family if you dont get another rep

I truly believe Dorian on his dosages, he has no reason to lie

lol :eek: I think just about everyone on this forum knows what its like, and knows it's not remotely enough to build a great physique if you don't also have the genetics and/or drugs.

Damn Dennis Wolf really used to be a beast, such a shame about his injury

Maybe you should talk to Jeremy Buendia and even Flex Lewis...:)

Ungodly amounts are the only way that anyone, regardless of race, is able to compete at the top in today´s main shows.

No one denies that there have been White bodybuilders who can compete with the best. But it's no coincidence that none of the 9 best open bodybuilders this year are White. Just like it's no coincidence that three quarters of NBA players are Black.

On average, Blacks have better genetics for bodybuilding than Whites do. This also means that with similar distributions, there will be fewer White 'top level' bodybuilders (who are, say, in the 99.9th percentile in terms of genetics). Asians arguably have worse bodybuilding genetics than Whites, so even fewer top level bodybuilders of Asian origin will be there at any given point in time.

Nothing wrong with that of course, it doesn't take away from the achievements of Black bodybuilders, who put in just as much work as others. So please don't try to make this into a racist thing.

Let's get off the subject of speculating what AAS any given bodybuilder takes. These conversations always go sideways, start fights and nothing good comes from them. Let's get back to critiquing the Olympia competitors.

No one denies that there have been White bodybuilders who can compete with the best. But it's no coincidence that none of the 9 best open bodybuilders this year are White. Just like it's no coincidence that three quarters of NBA players are Black.

On average, Blacks have better genetics for bodybuilding than Whites do. This also means that with similar distributions, there will be fewer White 'top level' bodybuilders (who are, say, in the 99.9th percentile in terms of genetics). Asians arguably have worse bodybuilding genetics than Whites, so even fewer top level bodybuilders of Asian origin will be there at any given point in time.

Nothing wrong with that of course, it doesn't take away from the achievements of Black bodybuilders, who put in just as much work as others. So please don't try to make this into a racist thing.

I know Indian technically falls under Asian but man Indians must have the worst bodybuilding genetics on earth. I don't know if I've ever seen a successful Indian competitor, NFL player, NBA player, etc.

I'll always remember walking behind this very dark obese man, and I could tell he was Indian and not black (in Baltimore nonetheless where almost 70% of people are black so I'd be more likely to assume black). The only reason I could tell was because despite his obesity his arms were scrawny. Sure enough, as I passed him and looked he was Indian.

There's also a height aspect. Those giant viking esque dudes are just too tall to be overly successful in bodybuilding. Almost all top competitors today in the open are 5'5"-5'10".

Canadians are almost as big of cuckolds as the Swedes

gotta cut back on the soy and somalian jizz.

I know Indian technically falls under Asian but man Indians must have the worst bodybuilding genetics on earth. I don't know if I've ever seen a successful Indian competitor, NFL player, NBA player, etc.

I'll always remember walking behind this very dark obese man, and I could tell he was Indian and not black (in Baltimore nonetheless where almost 70% of people are black so I'd be more likely to assume black). The only reason I could tell was because despite his obesity his arms were scrawny. Sure enough, as I passed him and looked he was Indian.

There's also a height aspect. Those giant viking esque dudes are just too tall to be overly successful in bodybuilding. Almost all top competitors today in the open are 5'5"-5'10".

There was a guy who i believe obtained a pro card in the 80's named Premchand Degra. Was built like a brick shithouse. Very dense and compact. Probably could have done well as a pro in those years if he built his name up and got a little bigger. I think it's hard to say with Indians as there are just not enough of them exposed to bodybuilding. It's hard for me to imagine they have any worse genes for it than alot of other Caucasians (with the Germans and Nords being an exception). I did read something interesting once some years ago about Germans having more bacteria in their gut that allowed them to burn more bodyfat readily than other groups and that was being studied. How true it is i do not know...

Yeah, this is exclusive to African American blacks.

During slavery, whites implemented breeding programs in the same fashion as you'd breed dogs to achieve certain traits.

For the type of labor blacks were required to perform, they'd do a lot of inbreeding back to back to produce the biggest and strongest off spring and toss the runts out of the breeding program.

THAT'S why American blacks typically are genetically gifted in that regard.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311