over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My ALMOST 18 year old cousin's goal

I will have to concur with Pesty...do not do it now. I competed in my first competition at age 18, my senior year in high school, and it didn't even cross my mind to do super supps. I knew better and thought AAS was evil, so I worked my ass off in the gym and competed as a lightweight, taking second place. No, not big by any means, but I knew that in time things would start changing for the better...I chose to do college first, then come back full throttle to enjoying bodybuilding from all aspects. So much more to life, bodybuild and live outside of bodybuilding, not saying do not work hard, but enjoy life and if you have the potential your hard work will pay off and then you can cross that path.

You need to evaluate things later, train and eat big beyond your teen years before cross over to the dark side;) Yes, we know bodybuilders use them, but as many have stated reach that natty potential, but if you are set on doing them, well like Chris250 said be smart about it, even though I think he should hold off for several years if not more. Soo much time to break natural plateaus and grow...he is still young!

As we all say, it is not a sprint, but a marathon!

Again, pics would speak louder to us all and help us evaluate better, but I still will do not condone the use of AAS at the age.

dam...when i was 17 you couldnt tell me shit either. at least take him to the sperm bank, and make sure he visits the doctor for blood work every now and then. and explain enlarged organs and diabetes to him.

update: some good news, some not so much...

I just got off the phone with him. after MUCH debate, i convinced him NOT to stay on forever. at least not now. thats the good news.

however, here is his new layout:

test c @ 400 mg/w - weeks 1-10
dbol @ 25 mg/d - weeks 1-4
arimidex @ 0.5 mg/d weeks 1-13
HCG @ 500 Ius 2x/w weeks 7-11
Nolvadex @ 20 mgs/d weeks 13-16
humulin r @ 5 IUs PWO only 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off.

a 10 week cycle, with a 4 week pct, along with hcg. i figure he should be able to recover, and that was the lowest i could talk him into.. im not gonna sit back, and watch him hurt himself.. im trying to help.. and thats the lowest i can get him to. its very similar to what my first cycle was, minus the insulin and arimidex.

I got some advice for you. Slap him upside the head, tell him no way not for a long time and threaten to tell his mom. He will hate you now but will love you in 20 years when he can produce an offspring. So much for looking down the line.:eek:

Last edited:
I got some advice for you. Slap him upside the head, tell him no way not for a long time and threaten to tell his mom. He will hate you now but will love you in 20 years when he can produce an offspring. So much for looking down the line.:eek:

seriously this thread is ridiculous

It's hard to see 10 years down the road at 17.
They are young and "will deal with it when it happens".

I can guarantee you a 17 year old's diet supplement and training routine are hardly perfect or structured enough to be "at their natural potential"..

I was @ lean 240 before I ever touched anything and that was after 5 years of training clean from a start weight of 200. Hell I coulda been 260 or so with todays supplements of creatine glutamine and more advanced nutritional and training techniques.

He's just your typical lazy dumb young meat head looking for a magic bean.
Let's hope he makes it to the top of the bean stalk before the jolly green giant of side effects gets him down.

I dont think anyone here can say with any certainty, that this kid does not have the potential to become a pro based upon simple height, weight and body % stats.

I personally would convince him to train naturally for a while longer to see if he really did reach his "natural limit", chances are he hasnt. Now that I think of it, who has?

I can say without a doubt....

My goal too was to be a pro. Helll I even had people coming from 2 or 3 hours away to see me a week out from a show(in my younger better days). I battled with this dillemma of using myself. It was a good thing I had some freinds at the gym who were my mentors. They juiced but told me that was not gonna happen with me until I was at least 21. I looked up to them because they competed too. My good freind is about 50yrs old now. I knew I would let them down if I started. Dont condone your nephews use. I was told to put my money in education first by getting a degree and a career and you should tell him this. Then he said after that youll have plenty of money to afford the shit and you will know if you truly want to continue with the gear. I did this. The thing is life changes. Priorities change. Sometimes you meet that special someone and that makes that hole in your life filled. Remember pro status does not bring money.....I assure you of this. It just brings a pro card and nothing else. There are a lot of pros who continually lose money year in year out for competing. It doesnt make sense. Tell him to go to college and get a degree and encourage that. Dont just be accepting of the drug option. However if you can not discourage him for sure have him drop the slin. Damn this is just downright irresponsable use. Now I know why people get pissed about others wrighting on there use of slin on the net. Then we get young inexperienced users trying this shit. Then you will see a death from some teen and the parents blaming the net boards etc....:(

Those he even come in this board...Is he reading all this right now ???

The fact that he may, and very likely will be shut down forever, even with hcg, doesnt phase him. he says that if he cant have kids because of this in the future, thats his problem, and he doesnt have regrets.

He reminds me of myself at that age.

I was like that too... 12 years later you reassess your priorities, trust me. :eek:

Simply put, unless you're number 1 in the world or close, a life revolving around your body only = one hell of a shitty life. Period.

The thing is life changes. Priorities change. Sometimes you meet that special someone and that makes that hole in your life filled. Remember pro status does not bring money.....I assure you of this. It just brings a pro card and nothing else. There are a lot of pros who continually lose money year in year out for competing. It doesnt make sense. Tell him to go to college and get a degree and encourage that. Dont just be accepting of the drug option.

Excellent post.

Unbelievable, yet unfortunately, very believable.

Since he is so set on using gear...and is going to do it no matter what..his first cycle is way overkill..No need for insulin, or d-bol, or even A-dex for that matter...Hell, just do 250mg of long acting test for 8 weeks and that should be it..I mean, come on !!! He is 18 years old...WTF !!! I would be he is going to gain 20 pounds on the cycle he is doing (if he gains any more than that it will be fat, because of the insulin, but you say he eats clean) But I would be he would gain probably 15lbs with just a test only cycle...So why do 2 - 3 compounds at the same time on your first cycle...I personally think that when people start AAS so young that they burn out much faster than if they waited a few more years...IMO ...but maybe I'll be wrong ...

nailed it with this post

I think it's pretty clear how most folks feel about this subject. Let me add that there are lots of very good non-hormonal supplements today--as G pointed out. Post up the kids current diet and supplements used. I guarantee if he takes a few of the supplements I have in mind, along with proper diet/training, he'll put on at least 20 lbs in the next 3-6 months.

I did my first "cycle" when I was 21-- it was freakn 50mg of Testolent every 3rd or 4th day I think. The pumps were insane and I blew up. If he wants to use gear go for 200-250mg test every 7 days Max. As far as all the other stuff--just straight up stupid and not needed. NO ONE should be messing around with insulin unless they are a type 1 diabetic. Some many folks on this board don't realize they are setting themselves up for diabetes and other health probs by screwing around with insulin (not to mention the instant death factor possibilty :D)

Seriously, get him to post his diet/supps/training---this would be an interesting experiment. Looking back to 21 when I thought I had everything dialed in---I didn't, of course---I wouldn't have even used Test at that time If I'd know what I currently do regarding nutrition

I think it's pretty clear how most folks feel about this subject. Let me add that there are lots of very good non-hormonal supplements today--as G pointed out. Post up the kids current diet and supplements used. I guarantee if he takes a few of the supplements I have in mind, along with proper diet/training, he'll put on at least 20 lbs in the next 3-6 months.

I did my first "cycle" when I was 21-- it was freakn 50mg of Testolent every 3rd or 4th day I think. The pumps were insane and I blew up. If he wants to use gear go for 200-250mg test every 7 days Max. As far as all the other stuff--just straight up stupid and not needed. NO ONE should be messing around with insulin unless they are a type 1 diabetic. Some many folks on this board don't realize they are setting themselves up for diabetes and other health probs by screwing around with insulin (not to mention the instant death factor possibilty :D)

Seriously, get him to post his diet/supps/training---this would be an interesting experiment. Looking back to 21 when I thought I had everything dialed in---I didn't, of course---I wouldn't have even used Test at that time If I'd know what I currently do regarding nutrition

Amen to that! Well stated, now we will just hope and see if he wants to hear the truth. Whatever he decides, he needs to smart and patient allowing his body to do its job and if he has the genetics he will know his potential! Like they say you shouldn't have to ask others if you have the genetic potential to be top level, you just will know you have it after training hard and eating hard...then know when to cross the line to the next level.

I know a kid personally that is on 1 gram of test a week, humalog, 500mgs of tren a week and 800mgs of eq a week. He's thinking about doing teen nationals next year. He's a big kid. 6'2, almost 270 at 12% bf. However, what I've seen with him is that whenever he comes off a cycle, he gets severely depressed. To natabolic..............this may be something your cousin may want to think about.

I know a kid personally that is on 1 gram of test a week, humalog, 500mgs of tren a week and 800mgs of eq a week. He's thinking about doing teen nationals next year. He's a big kid. 6'2, almost 270 at 12% bf. However, what I've seen with him is that whenever he comes off a cycle, he gets severely depressed. To natabolic..............this may be something your cousin may want to think about.

The mental battle is one thing that doesnt get as much attention as the physical side effects but is just as important. Often overlooked when considering what you are getting into.

At age 18 you are not mature enough to make decisions that will effect you for the rest of your life. Even something as simple as a tattoo is a bad move at that age. What seems cool now is gonna seem a lot diferent later on in life.

My cousin, whom will be turning 18 in a couple months, aspires to be a pro bodybuilder one day. Hes not your average kid, i guess. Strict offseason diet, strict training, very consistent. doesnt cheat, etc. hes been seriously training for about 4 years. yeah, quite a while for someone his age. Anyway, back to the story.

He aspires to be a professional bodybuilder. Hes not an idiot. He made a point to me the other day, that if he doesnt get on something soon, he will never make pro status. And while this is true to an extent, he wants to get on something now. I'm not going to discourage his dream, and to each his own, but, i believe that if one has been training long enough, and consistently, along with dieting, resting, etc, for just as long.. and ACTUALLY wants to compete, and even become pro., go ahead. A lot of the pros started early.. if not most.

So, today, he comes to me. and tells me about the cycle he is starting tomorrow. And its not even a cycle, its a blast/cruise. He doesnt plan to come off. Hes researched the subject of AAS for a while now, and feels hes ready. i support him, and just want to help. i wont try to change his mind. I did my first cycle when i was around his age as well.

But heres what he has laid out:

weeks 1-4:
test e @ 500 mgs/w
dbol @ 25 mgs/d
arimidex @ 0.5 mg/d
Humulin R @ 5 Ius PWO (3x a week, only weeks 1-2, followed by a 4 week break)

Weeks 5-7
HCG @ 1000 IUs/w
Nolva @ 20 mg/d
Arimidex @ 0.5 mg EOD

Repeat.

The idea looks pretty sound to me. The fact that he may, and very likely will be shut down forever, even with hcg, doesnt phase him. he says that if he cant have kids because of this in the future, thats his problem, and he doesnt have regrets.

He reminds me of myself at that age.

Anyway, this is possibly going to be a very controversial thread. But, remember, i do NOT encourage or support steroid use, especially not in teens.
This is a story, purely for hypothetical purposes.

Stats of the kid:

5'11
205 lbs
9% bodyfat

It's probably too late now, but he should try to become a pro in a natural organization. If he can accomplish that within 3-4 years then he might have what it takes to be a untested pro, but at that point he may choose to stay natural.

Worst idea ever

CHOOSE ANOTHER SPORT
much better chance of making ANY money in just about every other sport than bbing.
go to school and be career minded. become a pro as a natural than cross over. his genetics sound a bit like mine so he will never be HUGE. big? yes, without a doubt but PRO big... NOPE. its not in the cards for him.

took me YEARS to figure this out. but its something he will need to accept. -JS

It's probably too late now, but he should try to become a pro in a natural organization. If he can accomplish that within 3-4 years then he might have what it takes to be a untested pro, but at that point he may choose to stay natural.

Where does your cousin get all the cash to fund his supplements? since what he he is doing is a bit more costly than 2 jars of protein powder and some aminos at Vitamin Shoppe... I know at 17 often times I barely had two pennies..

If he stays natural and turns pro in a natural federation at one of their Bigger national level type shows then he does have a legitimate chance if all his cards fall into place...That's a big IF...

all the best,

H2C2

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel-Lianfu
NapsGear