advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My doctor is recommending cervical fusion…

hey bros

I just had 3 through 7 done on 3/25. there is deff some movement issues, but not much. the throat hurst the most 4 real. especially if u got a large neck. i cant type much, but will be back to answer qs u might have. Stil in pain, it does help a lot, but damage done is uncertain until the spinal cord has time to heal up. i lost feeling in both legs up to the waist, my right arm, and radiating pain b4 surgery. i also had poping and elctrical shocks when coughing or sneezing or looking up. its much better, but time will tell. sorry for the rambling, still on meds....

s/o to the wood!

UPDATE 6 weeks Post-op

...My surgeon says I am doing great and gave me the green light to hit some weights. Whoohoo! X-ray this AM shows the C4-C6 fusion is progressing "very nicely". Surgeon told me that my PT guy gave me a great report. My only restriction is that I am still not allowed to do any overhead pressing until the fusion is complete. Who cares? :D I came home, ate lunch and went to the gym. I took it easy, but damn, even the light weights feel heavy now. :D

AWESOME BRUTHA!! i was just thinking about ya when i saw this.. us old bastards have to show the younger ones how it is done ;):D in all seriousness, take it easy for a bit.. i dont do any overheads and my shoulders are doing just fine.. be back to your old self in no time..:headbang:

Good to hear your doing well im fused from c2 - c8 so i know how it goes you will be doing those overhead presses again in no time

thanks Lats and jrod!

Lats, after this, I am a little nervous about any more heavy shoulder presses. I am thinking flyes from now on. I don't want to push my luck. On the plus side, all my neck, shoulder and arm pain with the tingling and numbness is gone :headbang:

You are right, aging is not for the weak! :D

At the doctors right now

Sitting in the exam room waiting for the doc to see if I can get an MRI I'd the neck and lower back... And I see this thread! Despite the positive outcome I hope this isn't some kind if omen hahaha

Hey Brick, I had C6/C7 fused back in Aug and if I remember correctly I was back in the gym in Jan. It's been 9 months now and it's like I never had the surgery, all is well and got back about 90% of my strength,,,,still having a little problem with strength in my left arm from the nerve damage but the Dr. said it will take a good yr or so for me to regain 100%. no more numbness or tingles anymore, so keep a positive outlook cause all will come back and good luck. :)

Hey Brick, I had C6/C7 fused back in Aug and if I remember correctly I was back in the gym in Jan. It's been 9 months now and it's like I never had the surgery, all is well and got back about 90% of my strength,,,,still having a little problem with strength in my left arm from the nerve damage but the Dr. said it will take a good yr or so for me to regain 100%. no more numbness or tingles anymore, so keep a positive outlook cause all will come back and good luck. :)

Stump, thank you for this info! This is priceless for me. I still have weakness in that arm compared to the right side but the doc said that should all come back. He said the nerves regenerate @ 1mm per day. I can deal with that.

Sitting in the exam room waiting for the doc to see if I can get an MRI I'd the neck and lower back... And I see this thread! Despite the positive outcome I hope this isn't some kind if omen hahaha

keep us posted on this Myosin

Told ya! glad you got it done and felling better....you will be back to normal soon .....keep us updated Brick.

OK...

keep us posted on this Myosin

My doctor thinks it's more from a muscle imbalance between my traps and rhomoboids with my anterior muscles. Although she's a family doc, she did her Fellowship in Sports Medicine and is still highly active in the athletic circuit. So, she didn't want an MRI yet, just an x-ray and then maybe some PT with possible ART. I'll give it a go... I don't have constant pain or anything, just every so often I get an incredible pinch that won't allow my head to turn for a few days, then it's gone for a few months, and repeats ahahaha, we'll see. Thanks Brick.

My doctor thinks it's more from a muscle imbalance between my traps and rhomoboids with my anterior muscles. Although she's a family doc, she did her Fellowship in Sports Medicine and is still highly active in the athletic circuit. So, she didn't want an MRI yet, just an x-ray and then maybe some PT with possible ART. I'll give it a go... I don't have constant pain or anything, just every so often I get an incredible pinch that won't allow my head to turn for a few days, then it's gone for a few months, and repeats ahahaha, we'll see. Thanks Brick.

Cool. Hopefully that will help. The conservative approach on these things is good. Def give the ART a shot. Stay positive. You will be fine. And keep us posted. I'm always interested in rehabing injuries and these issues. We all have them at some point.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131