advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My favorite of all time ...awesome posing!!

I watch that, and I have to wonder if the sport of bodybuilding has not actually gone backwards in the last 24 years? Which Olympia competitor today could pose like that for a full 3 minutes and still be standing?

Makkawy was also trained by Vince Gironda.

wow

dude.. i am impressed..

N O ONE POSES LIKE THAT TODAY...

classic.. clean, and graceful..

Now thats something I might go see live without feeling gay

Great guy, too. His personality was so dynamic that everyone in a restaurant or other public place was kinda drawn to him. He couldn't have been 5'2", but very impressive. Does anyone know if he still in the Toronto area?

Yes, I believe so

leegee38 said:
Great guy, too. His personality was so dynamic that everyone in a restaurant or other public place was kinda drawn to him. He couldn't have been 5'2", but very impressive. Does anyone know if he still in the Toronto area?

He works as a dock loader at Sears.

those smiles look like smiles of enjoyment and not of someone trying to hold back the cramping pain.

I think people could take a lot from that...I am not one for soft posing music, but I do like the classic posing...smooth long poses...good posing. I hate people that are up there and seem like they have no idea what pose to hit next...when they do that, they forget to keep things tight.

Really nice guy with always an exellent routine!!!

pumpersize

Mohamed was in great condition for the 1983 olympia in this clip.I think he was 2nd to Lee Haney that year. Is Mohamed still in Montreal or Toronto, Canada? He was and is a true ambassador of the sport. About 25 years ago, I sent him a letter and he wrote back a very nice letter with a signed photo!

No dancing ,no fondling himself, no ass shaking. defenitly the way
posing should be done.

One word - Magnificent!

Incredible.

One of the comments on YouTube was that if he had better hamstrings he would have been the Mr O that year. Not too sure about that, but I do know that his physique is one that I strive for, moreso over the boxy clone physiques that are competiting today. And his posing? Geez... competitors today would have collapsed if they were to attempt ANY of the quick motions that Makkawy pulled of...

And great balance in executing all of those moves as well. Great post, thanks Phil.

Last edited:
Those were the guys that as a teenager, I wanted to be like. He projects strength, grace, the male form in a tasteful way.

I'm not taking anything away from the guys today who work so hard but today they just do not have beauty and grace as before... fact! Did we go from men to monsters? and when?

Just watching that vid I want to go hit the weights!

I was there at the 1984 Mr. Olympia I can tell you that NO ONE said a word for almost 5 miniutes that Mohamed Makkawy posed. If I remember correctly he got a standing ovation. I think this was the year that he posed to Pictures at an Exhibition. A very powerful classical piece by Mussorgsky He he my all time favorite poser and IMO the best ever. He put soooo much work into his routine. After he posed I think I just went blank for the rest of the show. I was that affected by it. Like Phil said, I literally get goosebumps to this day when ever I see him pose.

I corresponded with him a couple of times in the early 80's when I was just starting out. I was very curious about how he dieted and yes he is telling the truth. I have obsessively read probabley all the material the Vince Gironda has written and my diets are actually extemely close to what he recommened over 40 years ago. He was way ahead of his time.

Phil, I knew that he was in Canada somewhere but if what you say is true this makes me fucking sick! It somehow does not seem fair. Not to pity or down play what he does as he might be totally happy, but it's just not something that I would guess him to be doing. Mohamed made a comeback in the late 90's and although he looked great he never placed too well due to the mass monsters that we have today. I would love to see him comeback again and do the Masters show. Mohamed at his best would easily beat anyone over 50 and most over 40 today.

Watching him up on stage, you would never know he was such a short guy! Truly amazing. Never seen anything like it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131