over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My issue with, "It's easy to get a pro card these days."

I feel like you are watching a soloflex commercial buying into this nonsense about hard work ruling this sport. It has nothing to do with it. It's all genetics and drugs and syntherol. Most of the guys you admire in your posts are full of site oil in their arms and you are paying them to " train " you.

Hard work has something to do with it. Try and john meadows workout then try a phil hernon workout and tell me which one is easier ;) no disrespect phil

I feel like you are watching a soloflex commercial buying into this nonsense about hard work ruling this sport. It has nothing to do with it. It's all genetics and drugs and syntherol. Most of the guys you admire in your posts are full of site oil in their arms and you are paying them to " train " you.

I think at the top of the sport this is probably mostly true. Early on hard work is very important but once you get to the top of the ranks I think everyone is working hard and that factor becomes moot.

Some guys at the top ranks in amateurs nationally work harder than anyone but still fail to achieve pro status, so I think genetics are very important. The drugs and syntherol though I would assume almost all of the top guys are using that to turn pro, so is that really a factor? Dont most of them all do about the same thing?

Yes

Hard work has something to do with it. Try and john meadows workout then try a phil hernon workout and tell me which one is easier ;) no disrespect phil

I agree completely. I would never be as big as I was on that type of workout. Not to be rude but maybe that's why you don't reach your goals? I hate to have to remind you but I did win the USA once upon a time doing 3 sets per body part and 10 min cardio a day with a new born baby and a real life. Oh yes, living on LBAs too. Keep chasing your tail hiring every trainer in here as you have been doing until it sinks in that hard work is very low on the list. But hey I am just an IFBB pro and you are?

Haha, ok I'm not that naive and sorry if I'm coming off that way. But for the record, I'm not paying anyone to train me. The only trainers I've hired are you and Shelby, but honestly that has nothing to do with my point of view.

You're taking what I'm saying the wrong way. I never said that John, Shelby, or Brad don't or haven't used site oil, but honestly I don't care if they do one way or the other. When I refer to working hard, I'm referring to the entire package. Training, diet, and the mental aspect that goes with all of it.

I don't believe everything I hear or see which is apparently what you think by your Soloflex reference. I don't see the problem with giving someone respect for the things that they have accomplished which was all I was trying to do.

Well

I think at the top of the sport this is probably mostly true. Early on hard work is very important but once you get to the top of the ranks I think everyone is working hard and that factor becomes moot.

Some guys at the top ranks in amateurs nationally work harder than anyone but still fail to achieve pro status, so I think genetics are very important. The drugs and syntherol though I would assume almost all of the top guys are using that to turn pro, so is that really a factor? Dont most of them all do about the same thing?

No not every one uses it. Some use tons and some use none. Just like every arena

I agree completely. I would never be as big as I was on that type of workout. Not to be rude but maybe that's why you don't reach your goals? I hate to have to remind you but I did win the USA once upon a time doing 3 sets per body part and 10 min cardio a day with a new born baby and a real life. Oh yes, living on LBAs too. Keep chasing your tail hiring every trainer in here as you have been doing until it sinks in that hard work is very low on the list. But hey I am just an IFBB pro and you are?

I havent hired john. The workouts iv done of his have only been from what i read of his on TNation. Your style dont work for everyone phil....and fyi no one cares about what happened in 95 anymore...what have u done lately besides trynand belittle the work of others?

Of course

Haha, ok I'm not that naive and sorry if I'm coming off that way. But for the record, I'm not paying anyone to train me. The only trainers I've hired are you and Shelby, but honestly that has nothing to do with my point of view.

You're taking what I'm saying the wrong way. I never said that John, Shelby, or Brad don't or haven't used site oil, but honestly I don't care if they do one way or the other. When I refer to working hard, I'm referring to the entire package. Training, diet, and the mental aspect that goes with all of it.

I don't believe everything I hear or see which is apparently what you think by your Soloflex reference. I don't see the problem with giving someone respect for the things that they have accomplished which was all I was trying to do.

Me neither if they have accomplished something big.

Not sure what you're getting at by your comments, but as I said before, I've hired two trainers, you and Shelby.

Also, I mentioned that I respected you as a pro bodybuilder so who was I to question you, but you still feel the need to make those comments? But since you asked, I'm a father of two and a Flight Paramedic.

My goal isn't to be a pro bodybuilder or a bodybuilder at all.

Well

I havent hired john. The workouts iv done of his have only been from what i read of his on TNation. Your style dont work for everyone phil....and fyi no one cares about what happened in 95 anymore...what have u done lately besides trynand belittle the work of others?

It does work for everyone. You tried it for about 3 days before you quit. This is not about who cares or does not care. This is about a professional arguing with an amateur. I truly have no more time to waste on you as I prefer to help people that appreciate it and actually have ability to do something with the knowledge.

Well

Not sure what you're getting at by your comments, but as I said before, I've hired two trainers, you and Shelby.

Also, I mentioned that I respected you as a pro bodybuilder so who was I to question you, but you still feel the need to make those comments? But since you asked, I'm a father of two and a Flight Paramedic.

My goal isn't to be a pro bodybuilder or a bodybuilder at all.

You are confused with my comment to someone else.

WHY build up and PRAISE members on the board and ATTACK others. we are a fam man. We are lucky to have so many talented guys here. phil, shelby, JM, dc, bboy all have something to contribute in their own style.

No not every one uses it. Some use tons and some use none. Just like every arena

You mean SEOs? I can see that, but the steroids/GH is probably pretty universal unless someone is poor enough that they cant afford it.

WHY build up and PRAISE members on the board and ATTACK others. we are a fam man. We are lucky to have so many talented guys here. phil, shelby, JM, dc, bboy all have something to contribute in their own style.

Not sure if that was directed towards me, but I haven't attacked anyone and I've been respectful. You're right though, there are many great people on this board and I wasn't trying to say otherwise.

Personally I agree with both sides in a way. It's nice to have different categories and reward different people. But by doing that most of these new pro's have no chance at successfully competing in the pro ranks so it makes me think what is the point. Sure it is a great thing to achieve and it will help them in the fitness business (personal training etc). Perhaps they need to change the pro ranks set up and include more categories. But in a way that takes away from things and it just starts getting abit silly having various categeries.

To me being a pro should mean your the best of the best. Not that you got 2nd in your catetory. It should be the winner of the overall. Hey perhaps in huge shows the winner of their category but to me it is getting abit silly now. Bad thing is people start hating on the competitors but that is wrong it's the ifbb that is the problem. I wish everyone the best but I don't really get it that someone could turn pro at a show and a few weeks later if they competed at another pro qualifier show they would struggle to make top 5.

Although I do agree with the op's points in stating that it is in no way easy... and all the competitors he listed I respect alot. But as Phil states hard work is not the reason people turn pro.... it should obviously be present though. The misinformation by some on here is getting silly. You get posts stating x person won't be blasting big cos his diet and training is so good... just silly.

The pro standard should be consistent and it should only be awarded to the best of the best imo. I have seen some pro's and know guys who don't even compete have better physiques.

Really starting to like Phil's posts recently... I listen when he speaks about things like this.

Kind of like saying you would rather go through a 5 round back and forth championship fight to win vs a first or second round k.o. Win...

phil like always me and you see pretty much eye to eye. i decided to forgo masters nationals and north american masters to hit nationals cause i just want to see if i can come in at my best where will i stand, but make no mistake, i have no problem going to masters nationals and or north americans and trying for my card. if i dont accomplish my goal in november then its probably masters nationals for me next year. if i do become a pro, then i would be highly dissapointed if i could not go straight on stage and be competitve in a 212 class, as to me there is no need to have a pro card if you have to take off another 4 years to become "good enough" to compete in a pro show (and actually be competitive). the sport is too fucking expensive to get up on stage "just for the fun of it".

as to me there is no need to have a pro card if you have to take off another 4 years to become "good enough" to compete in a pro show (and actually be competitive). the sport is too fucking expensive to get up on stage "just for the fun of it".

Makes a lot of sense. Also, youre not some 20 something kid anymore either, you have a family to support and youre middle aged now. Youre about 40yrs old, right?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws