over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY THOUGHTS ON NUTRITION

Magnum

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I honestly don't know where to start or if I even have anything to offer here. I guess if someone has a question we can start from there. :eek:

Magnum,

Lets start with why your diet is different than say Palumbo's dieto or a standard keto type of diet...

there that will get the ball rolling

:p

Magnum,

Lets start with why your diet is different than say Palumbo's dieto or a standard keto type of diet...

there that will get the ball rolling

:p

This is going to be like talking about politics or religion. :(

OK, I have always said that the key to someone being a good trainer is for them to know when to make a change and what the change should be with a client to keep the progress going. This applies with any type of diet beliefs. Sooooo, read between the lines and there is your answer. ;)

Everyone asks isn't your diet the same or similar to Dave's? Well it's similar to everyones as we all use the same foods. :p Seriously though, I have prob been training people longer and using this type of diet longer than Dave, but it doesn't mean that Dave is using my diet either.

Something simple:
How much protein do you feel is required to fuel growth when already at a relatively high level of lean mass?

IE, I am 5'8" about 220 and 8% BF. I cannot get past 220, regardless of training or gear.
I have experimented with a range of 200 grams up to 400 grams and seen no real difference. Some people like Massive G advocate up to 600G of protein a day (at least in his own experience).
One might think carbs help, but carbs just seem to make me fat and I don't eat them after 3PM.

I am sure other macronutrients are important but I feel protein is the most important. Do some of us need the mega-high gram amounts of protein to grow past a certain point?

Something simple:
How much protein do you feel is required to fuel growth when already at a relatively high level of lean mass?

IE, I am 5'8" about 220 and 8% BF. I cannot get past 220, regardless of training or gear.
I have experimented with a range of 200 grams up to 400 grams and seen no real difference. Some people like Massive G advocate up to 600G of protein a day (at least in his own experience).
One might think carbs help, but carbs just seem to make me fat and I don't eat them after 3PM.

I am sure other macronutrients are important but I feel protein is the most important. Do some of us need the mega-high gram amounts of protein to grow past a certain point?

Protein is most important, but your question is very tuff to answer without knowing more and I would hate to pretend to know what you need to do with out knowing more, but I am pretty sure it's not more protein. BTW, what are your protein sources?

I have some grasps on how you approach prep nutrition from Chris' thread, but lets here your thoughts on offseason nutrition? Growing, getting bigger, but keeping bodyfat levels in check?

Here is one that MOST of us would like to know.

How (Or what is the best way) to keep growing quality lean muscle, but yet keeping bf going down.

Some people say it isnt possible to grow and lose body fat at the same time. Others say it is possible.

What about your thoughts on this?

Protein is most important, but your question is very tuff to answer without knowing more and I would hate to pretend to know what you need to do with out knowing more, but I am pretty sure it's not more protein. BTW, what are your protein sources?

Yeah, sorry...kinda vague...
There are many things that could be lacking, but I think only nutrition is the missing key for me. Some element therein is holding me back - I think...

I eat free-range eggs for breakfast, tuna mid-morning, whey shakes between meals, beef, chicken, or fish for lunch, and usually about 500-700 grams of lean beef (flank) for dinner when I get home after my workout (8PM). Shake again before bed.

I have some grasps on how you approach prep nutrition from Chris' thread, but lets here your thoughts on offseason nutrition? Growing, getting bigger, but keeping bodyfat levels in check?

Chris is going back on the original diet that I gave him at the beginning of his diet. He can certainly grow on this diet. I will make tiny adjustments to it based on his progress. I am advising him to have one cheat meal on Wed and maybe two on Sat. The rest of the time it's strict!

Yeah, sorry...kinda vague...
There are many things that could be lacking, but I think only nutrition is the missing key for me. Some element therein is holding me back - I think...

I eat free-range eggs for breakfast, tuna mid-morning, whey shakes between meals, beef, chicken, or fish for lunch, and usually about 500-700 grams of lean beef (flank) for dinner when I get home after my workout (8PM). Shake again before bed.

Not enough solid food.

Here is one that MOST of us would like to know.

How (Or what is the best way) to keep growing quality lean muscle, but yet keeping bf going down.

Some people say it isnt possible to grow and lose body fat at the same time. Others say it is possible.

What about your thoughts on this?

Chris did on his contest prep diet even if it was a smaller amount because he was in contest mode. Look at Chris' diet from week one and kind of taylor it to your needs. Keep carbs as low as possible with pout getting fat, this does not mean to go to zero and that I am against eating carbs. Someone people can tolerate more than others. I just don't see a reason to over eat them.

Awesome thread magnum!! Thanks for the reply.

ANother: What are your views (and how do you use) fats as supplements? LIke taking fish oil caps, evoo, borage oil, evening primrose caps, or peanutbutter?

Im 270lbs. at 5'11",my body fat is around 14% more or less,what are your thoughts on this diet(thats my daily diet)

MEAL 1:50grams of Whey,mixed with water,1-scoop of psyllium husks powder,and 1-cup of raw oats,and a half a table spoon of Liquid flax oil.

MEAL 2:10-Egg whites,2-whole omega 3 eggs scrambled.

MEAL 3:10oz. of 96% lean ground beef(Laura's ground beef),6oz. of red potato.

MEAL 4:(Same as Meal 3)

POST WORKOUT:2-Scoops of whey,5-10grams of L-Leucine.(no carbs here for "some other" reason i dont want to detail).

LAST MEAL:10oz. of 96% lean ground beef,4-6oz. red potato,salad.

this may be an easy one for ya...but i a bit of a hard gainer, i can tolerate carbs pretty good, im 5'9 202 around 10percent bf....just on an approximation in order for slow gain am i generally looking at needing about 3200 cals a day? or do you think i would need more

Awesome thread magnum!! Thanks for the reply.

ANother: What are your views (and how do you use) fats as supplements? LIke taking fish oil caps, evoo, borage oil, evening primrose caps, or peanutbutter?

I think that they can be a healthy addition, but I don't think that they are a magic bullet for growth.

1- I'm not familiar with your precontest diet but since you say in this thread it's similar to palumbo's, do you include refeeds? if so how do implement them? (amount of carbs, 1 meal?, a day?, type of carbs, etc)

2- what macros do you set people on for their pre and post contest diet and how do you make adjustments from there to keep progress going?

3- how is your diet different than palumbos?

4- are there any other things that you believe are valuable that aren't just about macros/refeeds/calories? (ex- mountain dogs diet talked a lot about grass fed cows + chickens + raw milk... stuff like that

5- can you post what you eat for a typical day and what you are aiming for (lean body mass or losing fat etc)

this may be an easy one for ya...but i a bit of a hard gainer, i can tolerate carbs pretty good, im 5'9 202 around 10percent bf....just on an approximation in order for slow gain am i generally looking at needing about 3200 cals a day? or do you think i would need more

Putting an approximation on the calorie intake may not be the best route to take to make muscular gains especially if you are a hard gainer. Show me your diet if you like so I can get a better idea of what may not be up to par.

1- I'm not familiar with your precontest diet but since you say in this thread it's similar to palumbo's, do you include refeeds? if so how do implement them? (amount of carbs, 1 meal?, a day?, type of carbs, etc)

2- what macros do you set people on for their pre and post contest diet and how do you make adjustments from there to keep progress going?

3- how is your diet different than palumbos?

4- are there any other things that you believe are valuable that aren't just about macros/refeeds/calories? (ex- mountain dogs diet talked a lot about grass fed cows + chickens + raw milk... stuff like that

5- can you post what you eat for a typical day and what you are aiming for (lean body mass or losing fat etc)

That's a book length answer bro, but all of the answers can be found in Chris250's road to the Nationals thread, except for number 5. :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws