over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My thoughts on Training, Diet and Drugs

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A few asked me when I posted my pictures, so I told them I give some info on my thoughts. As everyone knows, I am old school in a lot of my approaches.

As far as training:

I like to mix things up. I don't like the same old routines over and over. When I was younger, I did heavy on everything. Heavy squats, heavy deadlifts, heavy benches, heavy shoulder presses. That took it's toll. My body now actually feels better at this age then in my 30's. I did get big off this and my weight went up to 260. The problem is I felt like shit. Breathing heavy going up stairs, include that with joint and other pains. I did zero cardio except for shows. So, at this age I changed my whole way of thinking. I still wanted to look like I work out without all those pains. My reps now land about 8-12 and I go much stricter.

My current routine, and yes I change them, is Training 5 days a week, each body part once and then twice for weak body parts, about 16 sets total per body part. I train a little abs mostly every time I train. I also like to do 3 sets for lower back EOD. I do cardio at 20 minutes 4 times a week. If I have discomfort with pain, I simply stop doing that exercise. I also take time off the gym when I feel like it. I say I take off the gym, about 6 weeks out of the year. I go to Romania 2 times a year for 2 week vacations. I don't train when I am on vacation. I also take another 2 trips a year and take off at least 5 days at a time. Trust me, my body thanks me and feels great.

As far as Diet:

I like to eat very good most of the year. I am a little different, because I don't believe in cheat meals unless you meet your goals are get ahead of them. When I prep someone, they usually don't have a cheat meal for 1 month, then we take it from there. I don't do low to no carbs, sorry, but I couldn't function. However in a prep or getting real lean, I will drop carbs some and boost protein. Healthy fats are always there. I do drop some when getting real lean. Now the secret to any prep is being ahead of schedule. You do this and then you can coast a little more into your show. Never get behind schedule. Also take at least 16 weeks for a prep, unless you are a lean genetic freak like The physique guy I helped. He can do preps in 8 weeks, but he is also lean when he starts.

I like a real balanced meal. I also been eating more fruits, vegetables with boosted protein. I think it is Tenny he keeps preaching about balanced meals here, I am a firm believer in that. Stop shoveling crap in your body and wonder why you get fat all the time too. It is OK to eat a burger or dessert once in awhile, but do this consistent and you will be fatter than normal. To tell the truth, most my cheating is around vacations. Other then that, I eat good and don't drink. The older you get, the more important it will get to eat healthier. As far as supplements, I don't want to bore you. I take about the same as most guys who supplement good here.

As far as drugs:

First off I do condone illegal activity, but I know some live in areas where it ain't control as much. This is my biggest gripe now a days. I see way to many people abuse AAS more than ever. I mean I see guys who don't get even compete take 2 grams plus a week in my gym. What makes me laugh the most is, at 56 I can stand next to them and look better. They don't look good as they think and most don't eat good either. Big guys who are just fat. I am trying to help a younger guy at the gym. I back his doses down to 1/2 what he was taking and he grew. He was under eating and over training.

The problem I see in our younger generation is ( Not for all guys, some guys work hard) they want everything now without the hard work effort ethic. I can tell you training in the late 70's to 80's we would have fallen over if we knew how much drugs are involved in this sport. ( I am not talking about pros). Lot of guys want things way to fast. So, they take mega doses to equal work load and consistency. Honestly guys, I want to live in my 80's or more. My way of thinking has changed. I can not tell you how old I will get, but I want to feel good on the way out. Other words, I want to be active.

Some of you guys should take a deep breath, and slow down. All those trophies I got was not worth my health or my family. Now I relax, take trips and enjoy life more than ever. OK, now on to what I think drug wise for me: I don't think about going over normal test levels anymore. I take test to keep in the normal ranges. I also think in older guys, GH works wonders, however you need to be monitor with blood work and if taking for a while, you might need to add T4 and metaform. After reading a very good article in Life Extension magazine, I added metaform. I swear it makes me look better. I think older guys should stay clear of quite a few things. Primo seems fairly safe, but I don't take more then 200 MG.

Some guys to get real lean, like Tren. I don't do to how it effects your body. I rather to do low dose Masteron. If you take Tren for shows, try to not do for more than your last 8 weeks. Then get off everything. I am a firm believer of training younger guys for a show, to get them off everything for 3 to 4 months after that. Old school is like this: 8-12 weeks on, followed by 3 weeks PCT, than 8-12 weeks off. If your prep is 16 weeks, get off everything for 3 to 4 months. Now I do realize some of you do multiple shows an can not do that.

If you want to ask a question, I will try best to answer. I get a lot of advice here, just like you guys. I am always bugging Stewie, LOL. Theses type of people I always got advice from: The elderly due to life's experiences, the successful due to making it in life and those with book knowledge beyond mine.

Reactions: D2
Excellent post Pesty. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I have a lot of respect for you. You look great in your pictures. Your approach is very sensible and I love how you care about your health and also how you enjoy life.

A couple of questions that come to my mind after reading your post:

1) You mentioned you train weak body parts twice a week. What approach do you use for that? How many sets/reps do you use?

2) As far as masteron, what do you think is a good safer/low dose to use?

thank you for the detail write-up!!

subscribed! :headbang:

Excellent post Pesty. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I have a lot of respect for you. You look great in your pictures. Your approach is very sensible and I love how you care about your health and also how you enjoy life.

A couple of questions that come to my mind after reading your post:

1) You mentioned you train weak body parts twice a week. What approach do you use for that? How many sets/reps do you use?

2) As far as masteron, what do you think is a good safer/low dose to use?

I train arms twice a week. I do the same amount of sets as beginning, about 12 sets for each Bis and Tris. I also like to add a few sets of laterals for shoulders. I like to add another 6 sets at end of week. I did this approach with chest and it came up. I can now see my arms and shoulders approving.

As far as Masteron, I don't take more then 200 MG if I take it.

Last edited:
I am nearing 40 years old and man ALOT of things change... I am all ears in this thread. will try to come up with some good questions for you PESTY, but for now, just excited and thankful you started this thread!
-F2S

HI Pesty, long esthers or short ?

Nice post pesty

Try and take the turtle approach to build ur base without the drugs and ull never deflate like the rabbit who loses when off the drugs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity