over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Name something you do that makes no sense

I keep dating the same type of women, then wonder why it didn't work out. Makes no sense, lol. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome......
Thought that was insanity?

Cage

Glock 19x is what I carry
1 accidental discharge EVER!
NOT proud of it!! Long ago though

Im maximum OCD and have a lot of "quirky" habits (or annoyances as friends would say). When performing an analytical measurement, conducting a quality control/assurance calibration, or getting experimental results which are off by a few % of the calculated theoretical yield, I will repeat the process until it it precise to my personal exact standards. Annoying? Sure. Worth it? To me it is.

Glock 19x is what I carry
1 accidental discharge EVER!
NOT proud of it!! Long ago though

I've been training under the tutelage of two different and HIGHLY skilled firearms instructors (both are former classified operators with multiple classified deployments) for 19 years now. One instructor for sidearm TTPs and one for long gun marksmanship TTPs and it absolutely amazing.

To reciprocate your candid confession, I have had ONE accidental discharge back in 2015 with my HK40 sidearm. I was being stupid and overconfident in my ability to manipulate the sidearm w/o even thinking about it and "BANG"! Thankfully, I followed the other standard practices when handling a firearm (ex: taking apart, cleaning, dry firing, and such) and was in my basement which is essentially a bunker. The accidentally discharged round struck the baseboard of the wall across the room a few feet from my 50" flat screen TV and a glass table. Never again!

I've been training under the tutelage of two different and HIGHLY skilled firearms instructors (both are former classified operators with multiple classified deployments) for 19 years now. One instructor for sidearm TTPs and one for long gun marksmanship TTPs and it absolutely amazing.

To reciprocate your candid confession, I have had ONE accidental discharge back in 2015 with my HK40 sidearm. I was being stupid and overconfident in my ability to manipulate the sidearm w/o even thinking about it and "BANG"! Thankfully, I followed the other standard practices when handling a firearm (ex: taking apart, cleaning, dry firing, and such) and was in my basement which is essentially a bunker. The accidentally discharged round struck the baseboard of the wall across the room a few feet from my 50" flat screen TV and a glass table. Never again!

Did you shit your pants when that happened? I definitely would have.

I have 3 remotes. When I set them down on the end table of coffee table I set them all down right next to each other and make sure they’re lined up as perfectly symmetrical as possible.

I get major OCD about stuff around the house if I'm going to be gone most of the day or going out of town. More than once I've driven off and thought "shit, did I lock all the doors?", and turned around to come back and check. I'm especially paranoid when it comes to the garage door. These days when the wife and I take a trip I bust out my phone and take pics of the doors locked and garage door shut for that extra peace of mind, haha. *sigh*

I have OCD so there's dozens and dozens things. Its like a constantly revolving carousel of complete non sense. I touch the top of the coffee pot in a particular fashion and usually have to do it for about 10-15 seconds before the compulsion subsides and i can get my coffee. It's more like me pressing into the top of the coffee maker, like a hard rub lol.

I do that with the back of my cell phone everytime i use it. I use the back of my toothbrush to rub the top of the tooth brush holder before i can put it back. I do pointless twitches with my face that i could probably control if i wanted to but its really really hard for me not to.

After 20 years i fully understand the world is not going to end if i dont do these things. It's more so just a strong compulsion. It's like i have to literally fight my body to not perform actions like these. At some point i just gave in. I can only imagine how much time i would save in the long run if i cut all this shit out though. What i listed isn't even the tip of the iceberg. It's like the snow flurry hovering above the iceberg.

I use a flashlight in my house instead of turning lights on, day or night, even when making food unless I'm using multiple seasonings and don't want to screw the flavor.
Lmao

Thought that was insanity?

Cage
Same thing I guess. I always pick the wrong damn women and they tend to look the same and act the same. I'm too stupid or simply, I'm attracted to hot nut cases.

Same shit with me, but let me tell you what completely changed my life in that aspect... Meditation. 10 minutes a day (I do miss days though, especially on weekends).

I've been fairly consistent with it for the last couple of years. It gives me the ability to recognize when I'm having an useless daydream argument and pop out of it. Sometimes I still give in and let myself get carried away, but in general I'm more in control now.
Any books, podcast etc that helped you nail down the art of meditation.

I know it’s benefits but can’t seem to quiet my mind

26107-theraband-flexbar-resistance-bar-yellow-extra-light-beginner-level-1-1_1.jpg

I use the therabands for elbow health (tennis elbow) and I loath carry them around! Every time I'm walking with them I get that pit in my stomach because for some reason I feel like I'm holding a dildo...

Smh

Any books, podcast etc that helped you nail down the art of meditation.

I know it’s benefits but can’t seem to quiet my mind
I just signed up for the Calm app service. Headspace is supposed to be similar. But there are free guided meditations out there, I'm sure.

And EVERYONE has that problem at first. Everyone. Don't get discouraged if you try it a few times and your mind is running nonstop. The keys are consistency and patience.

You don't have to commit a big chunk of your day. Start with 10 minutes. And each time your mind wanders, keep an easygoing attitude about it. Each time you NOTICE it and focus back on the breath, it's kind of like a bench press for the mind (I stole that from a series on Calm).

Did you shit your pants when that happened? I definitely would have.

I just stopped what i was doing at that exact moment as if I was stuck on PAUSE. Then I methodically and attentively did my safety sidearm IAD's and set the sidearm back to its standard, ready to go mode....one in the chamber, double action, and safety off. That careless mistake taught me an exceptionally valuable lesson and I will NOT make that same mistake again by simply avoiding that particular and stupid move on my part.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneWolf22
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131