over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Neck anybody?

Dandy Don

Newbies
A trainer once told me that all the great ones do Neck. Anyone agree?

Don't try and neck with me :eek: :eek: :p ;)

Neck 101

Neck is the connection between your head and traps. It is the shock absorber when someone punches you in the mouth.

I thought this was a gay post at first. But back in the day I saw guys with a weird Neck/Head Harness, all of them were tiny, I think training hard, and doing traps will cut it.

I have one of those harnesses, my wife hates it. She doesn't appreciate my large neck.

PB

you're talking about neck developement?
two words:
JEFF KING

Attachments

• JKing0006.jpg
    JKing0006.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 476
  • jeffking5.jpg
    jeffking5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 476
Dandy Don said:
Neck is the connection between your head and traps. It is the shock absorber when someone punches you in the mouth.

:D

lol...ok, I get it. I thought it was some sort of slang for something else. lol.

We used to do neck strengthening excercises back when I played football. I think trap excercises would accomplish the look you want though.

Ok B&S why did u want a stronger neck, so u could wear a heavier helmet? No, so your body could absorb the shock of a helmet to helmet hit. (which btw has left some players paralized). Back in the 50's there was a boxer name of Nino Valdez, Hvywt, who could take a punch and just keep coming. The announcer at that time claimed it was from years of carrying 100lb bags of sugar on his head when he worked the docks of Havanna.
All this talk about achieving a Look and working the traps instead, nobody ever said work neck not traps. Work them both, this is bodybuilding not bodyshaping. I started this looking for a neck enthusiast to pass along an idea for a peice of equipement. So far a neck strap(harness) has been the only thing available. Arthur Jones had a neck macine as part of his Nautilus line but most gyms got rid of it, afraid of lawsuits. Most Chiro's wont work on your neck unless requested, same reason. Almost all bodyparts assist in other exercises and therefore receive some stimulation and respond to a degree. Only the neck needs specific work. Think about it. Keep Pumpin.

Actually Bodybuilding sooner or later will involve alot of Body Shaping. And personally.... I don't like the no neck/huge neck bodybuilder. I prefer the Ferarri look...sleek and sporty. Like Paris, Labrada, Serge Nubret , peeps like that.

SS

Dont need any device all you have to do is bridge on your head and move back and forth and sise to side.

True. bridges are great. And so are dips for tris but what if you can not do even one? Do you skip dips or do you work your way up through other exercises?. Remember there are some newbies out there that could break their necks doing bridges. I've never seen an assisted bridge. And as far as the look is concerned, the look to be avoided is the Turkey Neck look that comes with old age. That is the biggest benefit of working neck.
Keep pumpin.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner