over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need some advice please respond if you can

mr.clean101

Registered
Ok here is my sob story: I have been bodybuilding since 13 years old I'm a frale 35 year old now. I competed as a teenager and did ok. I spent my entire high school career in the gym and did not participate in anything. My point being I burned myself out by the time I was 21. I ended up having a seven year layoff for the most part. Although there was not one day in that seven years that I did not think about bodybuilding. I must add most of that time off was not entirely volentary. Anyway I have been back at it for 7 years now and I have been stuck at 237-242 for 3 years now. My problem is not knowledge of how to grow or train but one of motivation. I live in a small town and there are no other bodybuilders here, I should say competetive bodybuilders. There are a few people that want to try there first show but nothing big. No big KIWI'S in the gym. Worse yet the state that I live in has no contests 0, zilch, nota one show to aspire to. This is a big part of my problem I cant seem to get motivated to do what I need to do to get to 260 or so and compete because I have nobody to compete with. I have petitioned Jim Manion to become the NPC chairman for the state but have heard nothing back yet.
The things that I have going for me.
1. Perfect job for bodybuilding. eat anytime I want 8-4 schedule
2. 24-7 access to a fairly good gym. Plus a nice home gym
3. Good source.
4. I believe that I have the genetics to be competetive at the national level with the right help, 2years of training and a show to start with. Here is where I need the advice: Does any body know of shows that are in the northwest region that are not tested that out of staters can compete in that does not requie prequalifications ie wining state or local to be eligable. I am just bummed right now. Whenever I think of going to the gym I just get tired and want to go to bed. Thanks for any input. Mr.clean101

Sounds like you're located in the state right next to mine!

The Emerald Cup is a HUGE national qualifier that you'd be able to enter - it's in the Seattle area. You could enter any NPC sanctioned event in Washington or Oregon. I might suggest you work towards the Oregon for next year - that's the one I'm aiming for. It's going to take place 4 weeks from now - so this year would be out of the question. If you did well at the Oregon, I'd suggest doing well at the Emerald Cup as this will be more of an indicator how you'll do at National level.

xcel

motivation realy is a funny thing at least for me. u have to want something with all your heart. i say diet down now go into a show and get your ass kicked bad, if that doesnt motivate you like nothing else i dont know what could

im not sure of any shows in the northwest area, but i know there are plenty out there. THE BEST MOTIVATION, IS JUST GOING AND WATCHING A SHOW... IMHO that really gets me going.

do that, then pick a show which will give you adequate time to get prepared for.. then stick with it and do it.....

if watching a bodybuiding show dosent get you motivated, there is something wrong with you... my x-girlfriend went to one with me and then she wouldnt stop bugging me about get doing a fitness show.. and she used to think i was dumb for being so addicted to it..

Good luck,

Todd

crackerjack414 said:
motivation realy is a funny thing at least for me. u have to want something with all your heart. i say diet down now go into a show and get your ass kicked bad, if that doesnt motivate you like nothing else i dont know what could

good advice

motivation

Yes fellas I agree watching a show is good motivation. I have traveled around and seen shows that range from mr.California,right down to musclemania in a small town around here. Mr. Cal was cool but most of the smaller shows that I have gone to have left me depressed. Seems like most of the guys show up in there underwear and forget to shave and sun themselves. Emerald cup is a good idea, I probably need a smaller show to start I have a pair of undies to dust off.lol Crackerjack I do not need another but whooping but I know what you mean. What I need is a show to go watch that I know that I can compete in the next year. If I know that I am going back it will be game on. Thanks for the help I will check into the oregon thing. Mr.clean101 btw I have been to mr.O and plan on being there this year. great motivation but not the kind that I am looking for.

wanna see my before pictures... that'll motivate you.... i bust my ass just to look this shitty and you have these genetic gifts that you just want to waste? If you truly want it... and i think you do or else you wouldn;t have made this post then you will get back into things and start busting ass again... i have no doubts you will.

Though I have never been but I am going to try and make it this year I cannot think of better motivation than the Mr.Olympia! If the oregan is in 4 weeks I would check that out! Then hit the olympia in october if you can. Maybe you need to take a few weeks off and reflect and set yourself some goals!

Thanks guys

This is what this board is all about. support and learning. Excel thanks for the link to oregon shows. I am also thinking about checking into the rocky mountain also. All I need is a direction and focus and motivation is no problem. I am a minimum of 2 years away from any big shows to even quailfy for nationals but The dream is there and I am pursuing it. BTW I dont think that I am geneticly gifted just have the minimum to maybe make it and not be laughed off the stage. lol Thanks Mr.clean101

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws