over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No need to train bi's and tri's??WTF!

Will Harris never trains arms, until very close to a comp. he told me when he trains arms he feels they become overtrained. Now if someone as big as Will Harris can admit that he doesn't have optimal recovery, there is no shame for anyone else here, lol.

I know he has most if not all his guys not to direct arm work either, I've heard many say that their arms actually started growing, many, not all.

:)

That's a smart sumbitch.

Skip

you can´t make your bis lift more weight with a tipical bi exercise than with a weighted pulup, a row or a deadlift... dumbell rows, close grip pull ups and reverse grip barbell row are my favourites. The bi ataches to two jonts, in regular bi movements you are only using one, but in back and even some chest movements you are using also the other... never noticed how pumped your bis become afer doing chest flies? your arms are bent but you are stretching those bis bigtime at the shouder joint

Secondly, while I am and always will be a weightlifter at heart I do feel it is important to stay conditioned as well. It's just the same as some who do cardio three days a week only I like to get my hands dirty instead of just the bottom of my shoes. You're right though, it's what your personal goal is...I prefer to be the complete package.

P.S....spell check:D

I feel ya brah... and I believe unless ur competing... tha COMPLETE package iz alwayzzzz better imo....size/strength/speed/agility/ and endurance, even if if ur a BB n size is the top priority...DONT MAKE IT alllll showw, noooo goooo....look like an animal but run outta breath walking 2 or 3 flights of stairs!!! hahahahah..... But it ISSSS gonna come down ta what YOUR goal is and WHO you ask....

OBV you have alreadyy talked to a few BBs that gave you several diff opinions( work directly/ indirectly/ etc).... but what i was saying is it ISS going to come down ta WHO u ask... ask a BB about training arms and u will most likely get an answer pertaining to size and shape.... ask a Powerlifter and his answer will b based on how tha arm strength will help in his big 3 lifts.... ask a boxer and it will be based on speed, endurance etc.....

Just saying that ur trainer is giving his views, based on his crossfit type of work where bigger tris/bis dont mean much.... BTW- LUVVV that type of training.... NUTHING in this fckn world is HARDER or more intense training than some of those workouts.... Pushing trucks, or sprinting w sledz or bungeez is tha quickest way ta pass yourself out and puke all over...

i kno man i kno...my spelling suxxx ;) lolll

-PIT

Last edited:
you can´t make your bis lift more weight with a tipical bi exercise than with a weighted pulup, a row or a deadlift... dumbell rows, close grip pull ups and reverse grip barbell row are my favourites. The bi ataches to two jonts, in regular bi movements you are only using one, but in back and even some chest movements you are using also the other... never noticed how pumped your bis become afer doing chest flies? your arms are bent but you are stretching those bis bigtime at the shouder joint

Interesting/good point. I try not to do any back lifts with an underhand grip..not deadlifts, rows or pull-ups. The reason is I feel when you l do these lifts heavy it puts a lot of strain in the biceps tendon which as we all know can tear and hurt like a son of a bitch. I do use the neutral grip when doing seated and t bar rows, though. Regarding feeling the bi's in a chest fly...interesting. While I agree the bi's are stretched out I don't get a pump on them with that exercise.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear