over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

o/t bmw 325i snow tires

tornquad2

Registered
we just got 14 inches of snow and my 325i bmw sucks does anyone know would snow tires help

Not really. RWD is a fail in the snow no matter how you cut it.

They will help a bit but like Pharm said its RWD they suck in snow no matter what.

is there even such a thing any more???
It will help.
Many many years ago. well not so long ago there was no such a thing as front wheel drive and we managed without to much difficulty.

Oh BTW I am running a G8 GXP. 3 pedaler I get stuck in less than a 1/2 inch in the middle of the street.
I gota park it untill all is clear no way around it.

Last edited:
Rent a car. Cheaper and no wrecked beemer. Get the extra ins tho.

Well if it's a 325 the newest it could be is an '06. Still 8 years old. Probably not worth renting a car to avoid driving IMHO.

my old 328xi sucked in the snow.. It was the low profile tires. The Range Rover has been awesome this winter, don't miss the beamer one bit

Check out Nokian tires. Winter tires are made of a completely different compound that stays very soft in extremely cold weather. Also, the tread lugs are "siped" so that there is a lot of give in them. There are also studded versions but your local laws might not allow that. Anyway, They're worth it.

Snows work very well actually. I would suggest Bridgestone Blizzaks. Just remember tires are a compromise. What makes the Snow tires grippy means you sacrifice wear. You won't get great read life so get em off in the Spring as early as you can in order to optimize the number of seasons you can get.

We just got my fiancé a new 328IX, that car is sick in the snow it's like a tank! And the tires are nothing special. If u can I would look into a set of blizzak (sp)?

Snows work very well actually. I would suggest Bridgestone Blizzaks. Just remember tires are a compromise. What makes the Snow tires grippy means you sacrifice wear. You won't get great read life so get em off in the Spring as early as you can in order to optimize the number of seasons you can get.

Perfect advice.

I have never owned a wrong wheel drive, ugh um, front wheel drive car. Absolutely no AWD for me unless it is for strict utilitarian purposes.

People drastically under estimate the power of a good set of snow tires. Spend a few short minutes comparing AWD vehicles with all season tires compared to RWD vehicles with winter rubber. You might be shocked.

Motor Trend and Edmunds have both done said comparisons with surprising results.

Otherwise, BMW, "The Ultimate Sliding Machine".

Snow tires made a world of difference for me. I had a trans am that was awful in the rain, not to mention the snow. I bought snow tires for it and threw some same bags in the back and it made a huge difference. With 14 inches, you might still get stuck because of the lack of ground clearance.

My 2005 BMW 325i is a complete nightmare on snow or is. I couldn't drive over 40 mph down the Interstate cause the damn traction control kept kicking in making the whole car shake all over the place.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I have a 2003 325i and it drives amazing in the snow with winter tires. I'm living in Calgary Alberta Canada and trust me we get some snow here!

I live in central oregon and we just got slammed

My go to winter tire is the hankook with studs, you probably cant run studs but the the non studded hankook snow tire is the bomb

As a side note BMW European excellent in the snow most people just dont know how to drive in it... no offense

snow tires yes !!!! its a must, I live in Quebec y know about snow !!! buy some good tires and they are good for 4 o 5 years even in frozen temperatures put it in December and take off in march !!!!!!

snow tires yes !!!! its a must, I live in Quebec y know about snow !!! buy some good tires and they are good for 4 o 5 years even in frozen temperatures put it in December and take off in march !!!!!!

Prolly should change more often. Snowtires needs to be made of fresh rubber. If rubber gets old they are useless, even if they still are full of studs.

We change every 2-3 years over here. Just bought Nokian Hakka8. 800usd for 4 tires. Really good ones =)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear