over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T First fish of the Year!

Kcm3000

Registered
this was my first fish of the year ladies and gents. and I couldnt be happier.
i also caught 7 more but they were a little smaller. good night other than sinking the jeep in the pond trying to get to the fishing spot.

Attachments

• first fish of the year.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 236
Length & weight? Looks about 16'' around 3lbs. Whatcha catch him with?

Very nice. I'm hoping to get out few times this year myself. It's been a while...

i also caught 7 more but they were a little smaller. good night other than sinking the jeep in the pond trying to get to the fishing spot.

Sweet ! The Kings will running here soon .

Nice catch man. if anyone is ever in the atlantic city area and wants fresh crabs hit me up...lol i usually grab about 3 bushels a week( i go out and pull my pots every monday starting this week)

Hell yea man! I went last weekend and tore it up using white trick worms...I kill it with trick worms during the spring....caught around 15 fish, mostly smaller, but there were a few 2 & 3 lbers I might go this evening too..

Quisk question for ya, do you do any salt water fishing? and if so i want to get into it this season, could you recomend what id need to go after, flonder, black bass, tog, blue fish, and just about anything else swimming around in the bay?

Quisk question for ya, do you do any salt water fishing? and if so i want to get into it this season, could you recomend what id need to go after, flonder, black bass, tog, blue fish, and just about anything else swimming around in the bay?

yeah i caught him on a little cricket popper. worked really well for me last night. it was about 3-4 lbs nice fish

as for waht you want to go after....it really depends on where your fishing i know in ma. when i worked on the charter fishing boats....we went mainly after cod. hence cape cod bay. but the fishing here sucks now. flounder are bottom dwellers. anything that sinks to the bottom you can usually catch flounder on. cod hang about 2ft off the bottom, blues and stripers you can catch with bait...but you would have better luck with lures. we caught everything w/ clams. cod, black bass, red fish, striped bass, occasional blue. wolf fish. dogg fish....dogg fish suck, bc they eat the cod when you are hauling them up. and they eat anything there a big pain in the ass if you ask me.

would you be fishing from a boat or onshore! cod are usually deeper, but if you fish in the canal (capecod canal) you can catch blues stripers and plenty of flounder if your in a sandy area. occasional crab will eat your bait, skates(small rays)

Good job! I cant wait to get out there. Boat is going in water Tuesday!!!!!!

wolf fish...big mean fish w/ big teeth, and a very strong jaw. the big ones could take your hand.

Attachments

• wolf fish.jpg
    wolf fish.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 216
ill be fishing here http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=39.315707,-74.572105&spn=0.108372,0.232086&t=h&z=12

on a 16 1/2 foot carolina skiff, in all those back bay areas.

I know when we were anchoring the boat. we tried to set it over large rock formations. which are usually teaming w/ life. we tied two loops in the line. bottom loop help a 8-10oz weight and the second loop...about 10-12" up held the hook w/ leader. its important to have the bait about 2ft floating away from the sinker so you can feel the fish bite it. if the hook is below the sinker you wont feel a thing. the blues and the striper we usually caught on the way up. they were about mid way 40'deep we usually fished between 60-140' for cod. dogg fish shouldnt be too bad this time of the year, they usually get bad about late june early july. im not sure how jersey is but ma sucks around then for fishing. im not sure if you know how to unhook those. but pull them in the boat step on there back, they have 2 sharp ass spines between both dorsal fins. one on tail one on mid back. and if you get stuck you will get infected and it sucks. but bend there nose back and pull the hook out. grab it by the tail and hurl it into the water lol. they bleed alot once there out fo the water.

Ive seen guys around here catch dogfish a couple of times, but they seem to be only on one spot down by the end of longport. as for a rod how is an Ugly Stick for starters? im just gonna ask the guy at the store about the reel. lol id ask you but by the time i got there id forget everyhting you said...lmfao
thanks for the advice man

spiny dogfish

Attachments

• Squalus_acanthias.jpg
    Squalus_acanthias.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 192
Ive seen guys around here catch dogfish a couple of times, but they seem to be only on one spot down by the end of longport. as for a rod how is an Ugly Stick for starters? im just gonna ask the guy at the store about the reel. lol id ask you but by the time i got there id forget everyhting you said...lmfao
thanks for the advice man

good luck man.

if your doing lure fishing get a casting reel, if your doind bottom fishing get a strong rod, and drop reel...one you cant cast.

I LOVE FISHING!

Thanks for the post....summer is almost here.:D

Nobody went for trout opening week. Great for diet get your Omega 3s.:D

I don't go for bass until June. Im in the Northeast so
trout April, May,
bass June, July, August,
Blues and Stripers, Sept, Oct,

O.K. whose hungry????? just got back from fishing with the chef at the restaurant. me i got nothing! but Chef, the master angler he is, got a 28 inch striper! me id rather have a 50 inch 100 lb stripper..lol

nice! ah yes, the season is upon us. funny, looking ahead to after my contest, i look forward to more frequent fishing trips than anything else. (too hard for me to diet at the camp ;) )

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear