over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T my 17 y/o cousin is a PITCHING BADASS

Not that a 17 y/o throwing 102 doesn't have a legitimate shot at making it in the bigs, but making it in the bigs comes down to a lot of other factors besides raw talent...particularly when you are talking about pitchers.

I'm not trying to take anything away from you or him, I'm just saying that is a VERY BIG statement to make about a 17 y/o.

I've been around baseball all my life, my dad played in the BIG's (not minors) for 17 years...seen a lot of things surrounding talent.

Best of luck to him though...definitely very talented ballplayer.

Thx...yea he definately has his work cut out for him...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

O/T this is professional muscle not facebook! :welcome:[/QUOT

You the O/T police?

Im not on facebook dbag...only here with meat heads....no one else to share my pride with...

My cousin is a pitcher...sorry

Feel free to post about your cousin/wife....just be sure to begin your thread with O/T....

Bump

im impressed.
his throwing motion doesn't look violent like a lot of guys that throw 100mph.
theres a bunch of guys in the show that can throw 100mph that don't because its pointless.if you can truly pitch...94-95 is plenty fast.

Like others have said, just be sure you keep an eye on his workload. At that age he probably isn't aware of the damage he can do through overuse and many of the coaches don't know or don't care as well. Jimmy Andrews and Mike Reinhold have some articles they have written on the do's and dont's of young pitchers(Andrews is the guy that all the athletes goto for tommy john surgery and probably the most knowleadgable on the planet when it comes to this subject).

Thx guys will do...ill keep you all updated...subscribe to this thread...

Wurd....is him doing all of these extramural games a bad thing...?

He needs exposure to high calibur players...imo...he is going to taiwan on the US Team...that should be good...when they start playing on these special teams in outside advanced leagues do the coaches respect the fact that they should not overuse them...

Ive always wondered this...

BN

Doing these showcases and playing in tournaments in NOT a bad thing, it is actually very beneficial for his career. The coaches for programs like these not only respect the fact these kids shouldn't be overused, they more often then not, shun it! When you play for teams like he's on, there are many other good pitchers, and they ALL need to throw. They don't make the team to ride the pine. The kids rarely, and I mean rarely, get overused on teams like this. High school ball, way overused. He doesn't have to worry about it on this team. Pro scouts and college coaches/scouts will get onto coaches if they are using a kid too much, I've seen it done.

The kid is "in the box" for a 17 year old. He's got the talent, I'm looking forward to hearing about his next step. I know a kid, from a different local high school who went right into the minors and now pitches in the majors.

The kid is "in the box" for a 17 year old. He's got the talent, I'm looking forward to hearing about his next step. I know a kid, from a different local high school who went right into the minors and now pitches in the majors.

Cool...i will keep you guys posted

BN

Great talent.

Someone said it earlier, but make sure no one overuses him.

There were two kids in my highschool that were the star pitchers and were playing varsity their freshman year. By senior year the arms were done because it was basically only those two guys who would pitch every game.

Great talent.

Someone said it earlier, but make sure no one overuses him.

There were two kids in my highschool that were the star pitchers and were playing varsity their freshman year. By senior year the arms were done because it was basically only those two guys who would pitch every game.

Yeah, but there's a HUGE difference between being a "star" pitcher and being a potential #1 overall draft pick.

I don't think this young man has to worry too much about overuse. The story says that he had two 5 inning outings, which is showing that the coach takes his arm health into consideration. With the showcase leagues he's also playing in, he's getting/gotten enough exposure to show what he can do. He just has to stay healthy until draft day

Yeah, but there's a HUGE difference between being a "star" pitcher and being a potential #1 overall draft pick.

I don't think this young man has to worry too much about overuse. The story says that he had two 5 inning outings,

Good on the coach... Im sure as a coach it would be tough to not overuse a star pitcher. Especially if the talent is eager.

arm troubles come from bad pitching motions, and the use/overuse of a curveball at a young age.
I just shake my head when a see these little league kids 11-13 yrs old throwing curveballs.
thats a lot of strain on a elbow and arm thats nowhere close to being fully developed.

Good on the coach... Im sure as a coach it would be tough to not overuse a star pitcher. Especially if the talent is eager.

It would be tough, but really only for a coach that has never done anything with baseball, in my opinion. A person that has played beyond high school and beyond college has a better appreciation for a kid with talent. This will stretch passed the "need to win" your high school district.

arm troubles come from bad pitching motions, and the use/overuse of a curveball at a young age.
I just shake my head when a see these little league kids 11-13 yrs old throwing curveballs.
thats a lot of strain on a elbow and arm thats nowhere close to being fully developed.

ronnieron, you are partially correct. Overuse is a huge concern with high school kids and even younger. There is absolutely no reason for an 11 yr old kid to be throwing curveballs, with that I agree.

Sweet video i never could figure out how the pro's pitch how they do ,the kids i don't even want to try.
I always went to my kids game's and there was 1 kid on a team he played against and you had to feel sorry for him after his dad the coach made him throw every game and 90% of the innings and for Christ sake he was 14:mad:

Sweet video i never could figure out how the pro's pitch how they do ,the kids i don't even want to try.
I always went to my kids game's and there was 1 kid on a team he played against and you had to feel sorry for him after his dad the coach made him throw every game and 90% of the innings and for Christ sake he was 14:mad:

What do you mean? How they pitch as good as they do or how they throw that many innings a year?

I train a lot of top prospect ball players and Ive heard of your cousin from my guys. He's a total stud! Looking at easy 1st round status. If hes looking for some baseball specific strength and conditioning send me a PM

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131