O/T WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for violating policy on steroids and other drugs

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN, Associated Press Writer
August 31, 2007

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended 10 of its wrestlers for violations of a policy that tests for steroids and other drugs, the company said Thursday.

Stamford-based WWE says it issued suspension notices based on independent information from the prosecutor's office in Albany County, N.Y., which has been investigating illegal steroid sales.

Neither the WWE nor the Albany County district attorney's office would comment on the suspended wrestlers' identities Thursday. No criminal charges were filed, they said.

Under a WWE wellness policy instituted last year that requires tests for steroids and other drugs, a wrestler faces a 30-day suspension without pay for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation. Performers are tested at least four times per year.

"We are very actively working to eradicate the use of steroids and performance enhancing drugs in the WWE," WWE spokesman Gary Davis said. "Today's action is part of that effort."

WWE officials met this month with New York prosecutors investigating illegal steroid sales. Albany County prosecutor P. David Soares' office has said that pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his family before hanging himself in June, and other WWE wrestlers had been clients of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, Fla. Investigators say Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system at the time.

When Soares' office began investigating the illegal sale and distribution of controlled substances, he said, his office sought the help of WWE after a number of its wrestlers appeared on customer lists of clinics connected with Signature Pharmacy.

Nine people, including three current or former physicians, have pleaded guilty, most affiliated with Internet and phone-order companies that filled orders for anabolic steroids and growth hormones through Signature and sent drugs to customers around the country, including Albany County.

Signature's owners have pleaded not guilty.

The Benoit case prompted the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to ask WWE to turn over any information it has on steroid and drug abuse in pro wrestling. The committee has not yet scheduled a hearing on the case.

WWE said the company's practice has been to not release the names of suspended wrestlers, but the company has notified performers that starting Nov. 1 the names of those suspended for violating the policy will be made public.

WWE has about 160 wrestlers. WWE shares closed Thursday at $14.80, down 21 cents.

so Vince suspended 10 wrestlers but he uses himself? isnt that a huge double standard? wtf?

after Benoit, I am sure this is a PR ploy by Vince to make it seem the WWE is doing something about it..... 10 out of 160? :D :D :D :D :D now that's a good one.

so Vince suspended 10 wrestlers but he uses himself? isnt that a huge double standard? wtf?

You stole my thunder. :)

Also, are we talking the top 10 most popular wrestlers that get the most viewership? And why only 10? Hell if Vince was honest he'd have to suspend the entire WWE for a year and put everyone through mandatory detox.

It would be interesting to know who the guys were. The reason being is that Im sure VM just wants to take heat off his organization so he is making it appear that he is on top of things and cracking down. If the guys banned were guys rarely seen on TV that dont bring in top dollar it wouldnt surprise me. I dont think he would ever do anything to decrease revenue on purpose even if it meant turning the other way while his superstars get on HRT so they can look the part and recover faster....oh wait hes been doing that for years! Im sure this was a strategic leak to the press to make the WWE look like they are working on our so called epidemic.

Its too late for Vince. When congress knows your name your fucked.

NO.. they have been after vince since the late 80's in regards to steroids.. he has always beat them.. the gov would love some revenge but, vince is pretty sharp.. so far vince has been able to flip them the bird.. at least for now.. ;)

NO.. they have been after vince since the late 80's in regards to steroids.. he has always beat them.. the gov would love some revenge but, vince is pretty sharp.. so far vince has been able to flip them the bird.. at least for now.. ;)

Vince is a very smart businessman... these wrestlers line up at his door, he uses them up and spits them out

I heard the big names were Booker, Randy Ornton, William Riegel (really), Mr. Kennedy and Yumaga (spelling?).

he is going to suspend whomever he has an axe to grind with, and whomever is not on the up and up. i am sure the biggest dudes like Cena and Batista will not have anything to worry about.

No doubt done to make it look like he means business with testing. It's likely guys that need a break, are nursing injuries etc. They listed a bunch of names and articles at the link below. Very good site to keep up to date on juice, but also very against use :(

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/

Im sure he is still paying them they just cant fight for a while. Its all smoke and mirrors to keep the public happy and the goverment dogs at bay.

All the names have actually been leaked out already...
Big names like Orton, Bookert T, Edge, Kennedy, Umaga, chavo , johnny morrison etc.
Since Batista was on that list of signature pharmacy I wonder what will happen to him because he currently isn't mentioned as one of the suspended wrestlers but keeps being brought up in newspapers.

All those guys are involved in major storylines too, especially kennedy which was supposed to lead up to the main event at wrestlemania. So much for vince's plans..
WWE was considering signing Psycho Sid back..this might be a good time to do this. The WWE has no wrestlers on there roster now , especially hardly any main eventers on either brands with the exception of triple H, Cena, undertaker, rey, and flair.

They said deceased Edge? Did he die too? I'm surprised he suspended some of the big names instead of just a bunch of jobbers.

They did suspend a lot of "big names" but ho many champs? I think Umaga was the only person that actually has a belt that I saw suspended. And no, Edge isn't deceased. He just came back from an injury. I said WTF on that one too. OMG! I'm 30 years old and know all this shit about wrestling. I'm going to bed now guys!

They did suspend a lot of "big names" but ho many champs? I think Umaga was the only person that actually has a belt that I saw suspended. And no, Edge isn't deceased. He just came back from an injury. I said WTF on that one too. OMG! I'm 30 years old and know all this shit about wrestling. I'm going to bed now guys!

John Morrison (aka Johnny nitro) is the ECW champ with a big story line on the show. He was one of the names they mentioned. I'm surprised they didn't get Snitsky or Rick Flair , who are obviously on the sauce.

All the names have actually been leaked out already...
Big names like Orton, Bookert T, Edge, Kennedy, Umaga, chavo , johnny morrison etc.
Since Batista was on that list of signature pharmacy I wonder what will happen to him because he currently isn't mentioned as one of the suspended wrestlers but keeps being brought up in newspapers.

All those guys are involved in major storylines too, especially kennedy which was supposed to lead up to the main event at wrestlemania. So much for vince's plans..
WWE was considering signing Psycho Sid back..this might be a good time to do this. The WWE has no wrestlers on there roster now , especially hardly any main eventers on either brands with the exception of triple H, Cena, undertaker, rey, and flair.

How could they get psycho Sid back if their drug testing? He was one of the biggest steroid users there was.

Haven't watched it in awhile but thought Kennedy had a belt also, but I could be wrong.

John Morrison (aka Johnny nitro) is the ECW champ with a big story line on the show. He was one of the names they mentioned. I'm surprised they didn't get Snitsky or Rick Flair , who are obviously on the sauce.

No, CM Punk got the belt from John Morrison before the suspension. I'm wondering if they planned it for that reason.

Haven't watched it in awhile but thought Kennedy had a belt also, but I could be wrong.

He had the United States title but lost it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131