advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe nobody on this board is not stressing/freaking out but no doubt in my mind that millions are, my damn sister being one of them, i almost cannot stand to talk to her right now because she is flipping out thinking she is going to die any minute and constantly watches the damn death count all fucking day along with watching the news all the time which normally she hardly does, and if people are stressing now just hope they dont come out on 4/30 and say we need to extend another 30 days.

That would be fucking terrible...

maybe nobody on this board is not stressing/freaking out but no doubt in my mind that millions are, my damn sister being one of them, i almost cannot stand to talk to her right now because she is flipping out thinking she is going to die any minute and constantly watches the damn death count all fucking day along with watching the news all the time which normally she hardly does, and if people are stressing now just hope they dont come out on 4/30 and say we need to extend another 30 days.
I think those folks are the minority, at least in the US. I dont know anyone like that. Even people like me with heart failure and guys like my uncle that is 83 years old arent like that. We have a member here with a transplant that is getting rejected and hes not like that.

People stressed like that are most probably stressed all of the time about little things.

One man’s death is a tragedy.
The death of millions is a statistic.

Joseph Stalin

I live in San Diego. For this area I feel like they will have to get law enforcement involved to enforce people to stay in. It’s beautiful everyday. Since the gyms are closed everyone is doing cardio outside. Walking, running, biking.

As of Friday my company was going to put me on Furlough. In my eyes my co-worker did the most heroic thing ever. She went to my boss and offered to switch off every other week with me.

I’m not going to lie I cried. I been homeless before and this shit is getting all to real right now. When your homeless and you really try not to be the shit sticks with you. Right now I can’t get my head right. This is the first time I’m really scared. Not even cause of the virus just the future in general. Like what are people suppose to do.

I think those folks are the minority, at least in the US. I dont know anyone like that. Even people like me with heart failure and guys like my uncle that is 83 years old arent like that. We have a member here with a transplant that is getting rejected and hes not like that.

People stressed like that are most probably stressed all of the time about little things.

He's more worried about when he is going to be able to work again and support his family after being absent for the last 3 years. In fact, if they open up the country to people that have recovered from the disease, I would be tempted to get the disease and pray I recover, just to be able to work again.

i agree to a point but with a population north of 300 million, that will still be several million that are like that, and not only freaking about about c19, they got their financial situation to freak about

I live in San Diego. For this area I feel like they will have to get law enforcement involved to enforce people to stay in. It’s beautiful everyday. Since the gyms are closed everyone is doing cardio outside. Walking, running, biking.

As of Friday my company was going to put me on Furlough. In my eyes my co-worker did the most heroic thing ever. She went to my boss and offered to switch off every other week with me.

I’m not going to lie I cried. I been homeless before and this shit is getting all to real right now. When your homeless and you really try not to be the shit sticks with you. Right now I can’t get my head right. This is the first time I’m really scared. Not even cause of the virus just the future in general. Like what are people suppose to do.
we'll be alright man. Its good that you are thinking about everybody else now. I'm not saying YOU in particular weren't thinking about other people before, but in general a lot of people in our country haven't been thinking about other people much.

The fact is that millions in our country are in a world of shit before this virus hit us. They have been for a LONG TIME.

Its time that Americans wake up to this FACT and we get our collective asses in gear and make changes. It starts with an awareness of the problem, which you have and many others are gaining now.

We got this man. We're shit in so many ways but we're strong also. We got this.

wowwww I have trouble fucking reading some of the dumbass remarks made in this thread and so many others regarding this virus. I guess until you see it first hand literally first hand as in the body bags on top
Of each other in the hospital running outta rooms
Filling up spots up That aren’t suppose to be full or your fellow coworkers gettin sick and seeing what it can do to someone with asthma Or diabetes or anything. There so many variables that this virus takes advantage of and it’s not the fucking flu u dumbasses. I keep my mouth shut unless I completely know what I’m talking about or seeing with my own eyes. I’m in a huge main trauma hospital so I wouldn’t comment if I didn’t have to. No need to go crazy and that’s definetly a good point but don’t take this as a joke. It’s real it’s serious and it’s contagion spreadbilift is insane. The last thing I jus wanna get out is don’t be that person who thinks it’s not serious or a joke
U til it happens to u or someone close to u. And dont listen to the news hyping people up or YouTube’s etc.

i agree to a point but with a population north of 300 million, that will still be several million that are like that, and not only freaking about about c19, they got their financial situation to freak about
The only other alternative is to lift most of it and just let the disease spread as fast as it can. 1 million could die in the US alone. The damage from that would be worse than what we are experiencing now. It really sounds like Trump is going to open things up in May. Hopefully just 3 more weeks.

Another thing to consider, if this is lifted too soon then all we have done up to now will have been for naught. It will wipe out any good we have already done. The virus will spread like wild fire.

The only other alternative is to lift most of it and just let the disease spread as fast as it can. 1 million could die in the US alone. The damage from that would be worse than what we are experiencing now. It really sounds like Trump is going to open things up in May. Hopefully just 3 more weeks.

Another thing to consider, if this is lifted too soon then all we have done up to now will have been for naught. It will wipe out any good we have already done. The virus will spread like wild fire.

i agree with all that but still does not take away peoples high anxiety levels over getting sick/dying and finances, i for one think that it should start opening up in May as methodical as possible of course and i say that for the concerns of others and this country, because personally i am not a multi-millionaire but myself and family are secure, i am more concerned with overall damage, i believe that even opening as methodically as possible you can still have some problems arise here and there because of it but it is what it is.

qbkilla the type of guy to come into work and turn the A/C down to 55 while all bundled up. 'what are you guys complaining about? im not cold.'

Unfortunately for you, the majority of people will not move heaven and earth and alter their daily lives to accommodate your mental health issues (irrational fear of germs and the virus).

On a serious note, anyone who plans on still doing their cycle or even crusing (me) might want to make sure you have a good amount of rubbing alcohol or swabs if you use them. I ran out last night and the hand sanitizer warriors have bought up all the rubbing alcohol to make their life saving sticky stuff. A pharmacist was nice enough to give me a few swabs from his stock but not sure when it will be in regular stock. Luckily we don't use very much of it but if your almost out of swabs or 91 percent might want to act now and get something. Not sure if just soap will do the trick, don't want cellulitis at this time.

i agree with all that but still does not take away peoples high anxiety levels over getting sick/dying and finances, i for one think that it should start opening up in May as methodical as possible of course and i say that for the concerns of others and this country, because personally i am not a multi-millionaire but myself and family are secure, i am more concerned with overall damage, i believe that even opening as methodically as possible you can still have some problems arise here and there because of it but it is what it is.
I think we should all have hope that some limits will indeed be lifted the first week of May. Most states are going to have the peak in deaths happen within the next 2 weeks. By May things will be dropping down. I'd think many jobs will be the first thing to pop back up, but some jobs like restaurants and hospitality won't because those may still be shut down. I think they will keep some less essential workplaces closed, restaurants for eating in and entertainment like bars and bowling alleys still closed. Only time will tell.

Unfortunately for you, the majority of people will not move heaven and earth and alter their daily lives to accommodate your mental health issues (irrational fear of germs and the virus).

let's not get carried away.

this virus is apparently deadly.. and is apparently much more contagious than the ebola virus (which i believe you mentioned). therefore, i dont think it is unreasonable to require that infected people not be around others.. hospitals are already overwhelmed, and resources are strained.

if this problem continues, or God forbid, worsens due to infected individuals exercising their rights to be outside and infect others... we are all in for some serious hurting.

i feel like im taking crazy pills here.

I'd like to see a ban on any further coronavirus-related discussions on Professional Muscle, at least in this main forum.

Have you seen the discussions on political forums or Any other forum online that are not just an echo chamber (right or left wing). Everyone here is being very civil with a little sarcasm here and there. There are people here who actually think they or their loved ones are going to die, then there are us here who feel the government just fooled everyone and turned us into North Korea and our fellow citizens are complacent and promoting it. Those are both pretty extreme positions and yet it remains very civil. There's not going to be alot of talk about cycles and lifting when none of us have access to a gym. The best you will see are home gym and home equipment threads, we want the board to be active and be a place for discussion when we are all pretty much on house arrest.

Have you seen the discussions on political forums or Any other forum online that are not just an echo chamber (right or left wing). Everyone here is being very civil with a little sarcasm here and there. There are people here who actually think they or their loved ones are going to die, then there are us here who feel the government just fooled everyone and turned us into North Korea and our fellow citizens are complacent and promoting it. Those are both pretty extreme positions and yet it remains very civil. There's not going to be alot of talk about cycles and lifting when none of us have access to a gym. The best you will see are home gym and home equipment threads, we want the board to be active and be a place for discussion when we are all pretty much on house arrest.
One of the first posts I've seen you make that I agree 100%!! ;)

I do hope we begin moving forward in May, as far as allowing people to work, but it must be orderly and done in some type of priority. We don’t want to tighten things back up right away. Also would be nice for the government to make known this plan and to have a back up, ie more stimulus, if we can’t start re opening in May. And for goodness sake the absolute last things that need to open is sports and entertainment. Not only are they the most unnecessary parts of society, since most are extremely wealthy they can go a little longer without pay!!

I would second maldorf. I don’t have six months of savings stored up and I am within a year of finally digging out of some debt and being debt free except for house and hospital bills and now it is frustrating. Honestly I am much more concerned about losing my job than getting the virus. For me, unless I am in that smaller statistical group that has to be hospitalized or dies, getting the virus will be much less of a problem for me and my family than losing my job. What helps get my stress down is that most everything is out of my control. If I have a job I will continue going in and working to the best of my ability. If I don’t have a job I will sit at home and wait for things to open back up. I have no control over either one so stressing doesn’t help.

Good luck, bud...I'm glad you have that attitude.

I'd like to see a ban on any further coronavirus-related discussions on Professional Muscle, at least in this main forum.

I assure you that you won't see any new threads. Pesty and I have deleted some already. There are enough on here to cover the bases. It's easy to not click on any of the existing threads if one chooses.

you realize that numerous thousands have already died from this...right? and we are just getting started.

idk about you, but im not under house arrest... things are business as usual for me over in CA - which is a pretty un-American state. Sure, businesses are closed, people aren't traveling in large groups.. but otherwise, life as usual.. definitely not house arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner