over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Olive oil vs Grapeseed vs Cottonseed

SmallTownIron

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
I went to a buddy's house yesterday and we got to talking. He was asking where on where she could get grapeseed or cottonseed oil locallly. I told him he best best would be to go to a whole food store, organic or something, and get it from there. He is wanting to use it for brewing instead of making an order just for the oil and paying the shipping and still having to wait.

Is this the same stuff?

Also, he mentioned that he has heard of some guys using Olive oil for the homebrew. I was shocked it hear this and I personally would NEVER would olive oil for brew.

Anyone ever heard of this?

I went to a buddy's house yesterday and we got to talking. He was asking where on where she could get grapeseed or cottonseed oil locallly. I told him he best best would be to go to a whole food store, organic or something, and get it from there. He is wanting to use it for brewing instead of making an order just for the oil and paying the shipping and still having to wait.

Is this the same stuff?

Also, he mentioned that he has heard of some guys using Olive oil for the homebrew. I was shocked it hear this and I personally would NEVER would olive oil for brew.

yes.....oil is oil

but.........but, are you SURE that you sterilized good enough????
in most cases no

Is this the same stuff?

Grapeseed oil from Trader Joes..I have been using this for over 5 yrs with no problems and I don't bake the oil.

I just was not sure if there was a difference in buying the oil from the store or through a research supply. Just thought it was odd to hear olive oil for home brew.

I just was not sure if there was a difference in buying the oil from the store or through a research supply. Just thought it was odd to hear olive oil for home brew.

well.....from supply, its supposed to be sterile

thats really the only diff

Olive oil mixed with a little Test prop..maybe say; one ml of Test prop per 9ml of olive oil. There is enough BA (usually) to keep any bacteria from growing.
Ive used this mix many times and works just as well as anything.

well.....from supply, its supposed to be sterile

thats really the only diff

But there would be no harm in going to a store and getting grapeseed oil even if it is unsterile, even though it still has to be filtered? Or this is not a good thing?

But there would be no harm in going to a store and getting grapeseed oil even if it is unsterile, even though it still has to be filtered? Or this is not a good thing?

its fine if you know what your doing

I've been using grapeseed oil for years.
You still have to go through home brew process .
Your gear will be green when using the grapeseed oil.

Whats the different benefits from using the different types of oils? I hear EO is painless, grapeseed has more antioxidants.

The difference is research grade oil is USP (Pharm) grade and the stuff in the store is food grade. Personally I would never put food grade oil in me but as you can see in the posts above people do and have no problems.

Is this the same stuff?

Most guys cutting down gear or making home brew use grapeseed or sesame seed oil.

Store bought grapeseed oil run thru a syringe filter is fine. I never heard of olive oil for homebrewing and would just stick with the conventional tried and true oils.

grapeseed, and bring it to over 220 degrees for few mins and its sterilized...i believe it has a burnpoint of over 330 or something so really not gonna hurt the oil if careful, then run it through a filter and you probably have close if not same to pharm grade usp

im quite certain that either cotton seed or sesame seed oil has been shown to severely lower fertility for a long period of time. somebody may want to look into that

Last edited:
im quite certain that either cotton seed or sesame seed oil has been shown to severely lower fertility for a long period of time. somebody may want to look into that

No shiz? I heard this but a while ago...I think its cotton seed thats not good?...using grape seed now anyway. Hope some one else can chime in on this too.

Last edited:
No shiz? I heard this but a while ago...I think its cotton seed thats not good?...using grape seed now anyway. Hope some one else can chime in on this too.

"Have you ever heard of gossypol? Is is a toxic substance found in cotton plant, which is mostly removed in the hydrogenation process to make cotton seed oil. So although most of it is removed in the hydrogenation process, not all is it is completely removed.

Why is it important to therefore eliminate anything that contains cotton seed oil from your partner’s diet? Because goosypol is a form of male contrapective. It not only greatly reduces sperm count but also affects sperm motility and was actually being considered for use as a male birth control pill in China."

- some fertility website. many other results popped up with a quick google search. i remember thats why i switched from cottonseed to grapeseed a couple years ago

grapeseed, and bring it to over 220 degrees for few mins and its sterilized...i believe it has a burnpoint of over 330 or something so really not gonna hurt the oil if careful, then run it through a filter and you probably have close if not same to pharm grade usp

Not even close bro... I did tattoos for years and there's a reason we have to put all our sterilizing equipment in an autoclave or chemiclave to kill the spores. Not only does that little amount of heat(220 degees) not kill everything but its also under pressure too and with the chemicals to help with the process. Some spores are like a cacoon and it takes alot to kill them. A .22um filter does remove some spores, but not all of them. I know tattooing is a little different from homebrewing, but just saying... :)

Not even close bro... I did tattoos for years and there's a reason we have to put all our sterilizing equipment in an autoclave or chemiclave to kill the spores. Not only does that little amount of heat(220 degees) not kill everything but its also under pressure too and with the chemicals to help with the process. Some spores are like a cacoon and it takes alot to kill them. A .22um filter does remove some spores, but not all of them. I know tattooing is a little different from homebrewing, but just saying... :)

True. Heating up the oil to any temp and filtering will not be enough to sterilize it. Thats why one must add BA to any injectable brew recipe.

True. Heating up the oil to any temp and filtering will not be enough to sterilize it. Thats why one must add BA to any injectable brew recipe.

you will get most out(sterilize is bad word...clean up better than it was i guess is better) hell, bake it to 300degrees and get more of a % out(i believe baking at just over 400 is equivalent to autoclave temp, his gear already has too much ba in it so that will be in mix too already...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear