over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One choice-Carbs pre or post wo??

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Do you think cars are more important pre or post WO and why?

This is purely hypothetical and i know what i think, but if you only ingested carbs at one time, would you pick pre or post wo?

This is purely hypothetical and i know what i think, but if you only ingested carbs at one time, would you pick pre or post wo?

I'd say cars are pretty important PWO, especially after training legs. I cant imagine walking home without my car.

Yeah i get that but i am exact opposite. I know both is optimal, don't get me wrong but i wanted to see what everyone thought if this was a real scenario. For me i like my glycogen to be full before i start my workout and i feel it give me the energy and power to finish such hard workouts. But i agree, that after the workout, you are drained.

I'd say cars are pretty important PWO, especially after training legs. I cant imagine walking home without my car.

Agree completely. But then again, how can you do do legs without your car to get you to the gym? Riddle me that batman....

OP, one choice, post. But this depends on what you need to be able to train effectively. Some guys can't train worth a damn without carbs, some guys can train amazing without cards. I would go with post because training carbless will increase insulin sensitivity post workout and you can use those carbs more effectively. This is given you use some amino acids or hydrolyzed protein intra workout...

But as with anything in bodybuilding, the answer is, "it depends"

Obviously, you want to get the most out of your training, so you need to take that into account. You need to determine how your body responds to carbs post or pre. The supplements you use, the style of training, your lifestyle, the time you train.,.. etc.

Last edited:
I remember Chris aceto answering the same question on a different board, he said carbs pre and I think something along the lines of the car has to have gas in the tank to go anywhere? More damage done without having carbs in the pre meal then the post, an that protein would do for the post workout i think

I don't know why anyone would ever go carbless PWO. :cool:

Post.

I only use Pre- and Intra if I'm using Slin, mainly so I don't die.

I also only would ever use highly branched cyclic dextrins at this point. I have been using them for a while, ran out, and had to use dextrose/maltodextrin for a couple of days until I got some more. Fuck that. Dextrose/maltodextrin pre and intra ruins some of my workout from feeling so bloated. Any kind of ab workout is out the window using that shit.

Mentals answer pretty muc sums it up. I've done it both ways and have come to the conclusion it all depends on how my body is feeling. It could be different every day. I would rather have carbs pre and post myself and not eat anymore than that.

If I had to choose it would definetly be post workout. I've gone without them post and I notice my recovery is shot for that body part. Going without them post for me will suck body fat off me but at the cost of muscle as well.

Never tried going carbless pwo. I keep meaning to but after some of ny sessions I dread to think how id feel.

Post all day for me

carbs pwo for all its physiological benefits esp. for lowering cortisol.

i do carb drink pre and it makes me stronger and pumped.
Post i eat solid meal.

I'm on my intermittent fasting protocol right now so Ima have to say post workout, that's when I'm getting mine right now. I don't need carbs immediately preworkout for a good workout, in fact I feel LESS focused and motivated when I eat a bunch of carbs preworkout. The only advantage for me is the crazy pump you get from preworkout carbs.:headbang:

Pre-workout all day long. Post is protein and fat.

I'll play, but I've got to ask some more questions:

These are the only carbs of the the day?...

How many grams, what is the GI and composition (can it include fiber?) and what is the timing pre-workout?...

How long is the workout, what is the training style (heavy duty, high volume, etc.) and what muscle groups are being trained?

How large is this person, also?...

Is the goal to gain or lose weight?...

Why is there not a peri- workout option?...

Do you get any protein with the carbs?... If so, what and how much?...

-----------------

Why am I asking these things?...

Risk of reactive hypoglycemia....

Intra-workout carbs on the order of 50 grams will suppress cortisol levels during and post-workout and the extent to which this happens predicts muscle growth (less cortisol --> more growth).

Glycogen synthesis can only happen so fast, so immediately pre-workout carbs won't do much in that regard during the workout, but they can likely forestall depletion.

AMOUNT, GI, etc. makes a huge difference relative to the exercise stress. Take in 50 g CHO and do 6 sets for bis, 6 for tri's and 3 for abs and your'e don in 30 min' is a far cry from training legs high volume, short rest interval. 200g carbs can be had and this will likely mean you've got post-workout carb absorption, but absorption will depend upon fluid ingested, thermal stress and exercise intensity as well.

Protein will affect gastric emptying, insulin release, etc. and the kind also can make a difference here (hydro, EAA, WPI, WPC, etc.)

[Although simple is good, sometimes I think generic questions like this end up with so many different answers b/c there really are so many different pieces of the dietary puzzle that can change the answer(s).]

-S

Always lots of carbs post or I turn into a lethargic pised of ass hole. None before as I get much better workouts this way. Did do cables post workout for a while. Results were really good but life was shit being miserable and feeling shit all the time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Post-Hands Down!

I think cars are important BEFORE and AFTER to get you back and forth from the gym:cool:

Same with carbs,,,but If I only had one opportunity,,,PWO.

i workout fasted and carb back load so post work out for sure!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws