over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: arizona

goodfella

Registered
hey looking for a little help since i know there are alote of az bro's on here...thinking about moving out there to gilbert...just looking to see how the area is....malls,restaurants,gyms,movie theaters,..etc...basically looking to see if the area is pretty built up and if theres alote within a short drive?...also how far is it from scottsdale...and are there any hockey rinks in gilbert or relativly close?
thanks in advance for any help:)

hey looking for a little help since i know there are alote of az bro's on here...thinking about moving out there to gilbert...just looking to see how the area is....malls,restaurants,gyms,movie theaters,..etc...basically looking to see if the area is pretty built up and if theres alote within a short drive?...also how far is it from scottsdale...and are there any hockey rinks in gilbert or relativly close?
thanks in advance for any help:)

Actually I live in Gilbert and about 3 miles from a new ice rink(don't ask me anything about it because I have no clue when it comes to that kind of stuff). We moved from Ahwatukee to Gilbert about 5 years ago because we were forced out of a new build that was built incorrectly and had a huge mold problem; and had to move quick. We planned the Gilbert move to be temporary(only 2 years or so) and then move back to Ahwatukee or maybe even to Scottsdale. After living in Gilbert now for 5 years we have no plans to move anywhere else and even if we could afford Scottsdale I don't think we would do it. Gilbert is primarily a young professional crowd with tons of malls, restaurants, etc... Pretty much everything I need is within a short driving distance. Also the house prices out here right now are fricking incredible; we have lost about $125,000 in value over the past couple of years(although it gained about $200,000 in value the first couple of years). So right now you can get killer deals and when the housing market finally corrects itself you will make it good(you can get a new 2200 sq ft house for around $200-250K right now).

I lived in Gilbert for eight years before moving to Scottsdale about three years ago. There is a ton to do in Gilbert and it is a great city. Another plus that anyone who lives in Az will tell you is that as spread out as the valley is you can get anywhere in about thirty minutes. I don't know what part of Gilbert you are looking in but from my old house to my current house is only thirty minutes. I lived in the middle of Gilbert and I now live in far North Scottsdale.

I lived in Gilbert from the time it was a farm town with only a few "neighborhoods" just up until I got married - I'm still in AZ, just not in Gilbert. It was best place in the world to grow up and now that it's grown so much, there's a ton to do. There are a bunch of great gyms in Gilbert. If our house in Queen Creek didn't tank in price so bad, we'd move to Gilbert in a heartbeat.

where are you moving from? I`m from NYC originally and to say there is a ton to do in Gilbert is a huge over statement. It also depends on your living situation and life style. Are you single?.. get an apt walking distance from old town for $700. You have a family?.... go scottsdale if you can afford it, its really not that bad. Scottsdale is also like 7 mi wide by 2o miles long... its a big area. You should really take a trip out here drive around look at different areas, places.

My younger brother is out in Gilbert...

I really liked it. Lots of malls stores etc....the restaurants where do I begin. Just liked the area too. My brother got a sweet foreclosed home. I think it was about 2,300 sq ft. I dont know what he paid but I know it was a steal. The home was only a year and a half old. Man I wished I lived there.

where are you moving from? I`m from NYC originally and to say there is a ton to do in Gilbert is a huge over statement. It also depends on your living situation and life style. Are you single?.. get an apt walking distance from old town for $700. You have a family?.... go scottsdale if you can afford it, its really not that bad. Scottsdale is also like 7 mi wide by 2o miles long... its a big area. You should really take a trip out here drive around look at different areas, places.

hey bro im coming from a chicago suburb...about 20 mins outside the city..i am married with 1 daughter...i plan on coming out that way before moving i just ask about gilbert casue looking at the realestate its a much better deal than scootsdale seems to be....im looking at 1-1.5 million$ homes..and from what i seen in that price range gilberts homes give me a wow id expect for that while the ones in scootsdale leave me feeling like its not worth the cash....so i was seeing how much of a difference the towns were

I lived in Gilbert for eight years before moving to Scottsdale about three years ago. There is a ton to do in Gilbert and it is a great city. Another plus that anyone who lives in Az will tell you is that as spread out as the valley is you can get anywhere in about thirty minutes. I don't know what part of Gilbert you are looking in but from my old house to my current house is only thirty minutes. I lived in the middle of Gilbert and I now live in far North Scottsdale.

hey dusty thanks for the help ...:eek: i saw your name and looked closer at your pic and we used to know each other...we played hockey together about 10 years back...you were the best workout partner i ever had

I love living in AZ. You are so close to everything including places like San Diego and Las Vegas. The valley offers something for everyone and as someone mentioned earlier, smokin deals on homes right now. Even rental rates for homes and apartments have taken a nose dive.

Gilbert is quiet and has very nice "out of the city" feel to it. There are tons of parks and places to relax along with a very nice shopping mall with tons of stuff to do within a short drive from most parts of Gilbert. There are great gyms out here and the bodybuilding and fitness community is going strong. Its a great place to live. Its just that simple!

Actually I live in Gilbert and about 3 miles from a new ice rink(don't ask me anything about it because I have no clue when it comes to that kind of stuff). We moved from Ahwatukee to Gilbert about 5 years ago because we were forced out of a new build that was built incorrectly and had a huge mold problem; and had to move quick. We planned the Gilbert move to be temporary(only 2 years or so) and then move back to Ahwatukee or maybe even to Scottsdale. After living in Gilbert now for 5 years we have no plans to move anywhere else and even if we could afford Scottsdale I don't think we would do it. Gilbert is primarily a young professional crowd with tons of malls, restaurants, etc... Pretty much everything I need is within a short driving distance. Also the house prices out here right now are fricking incredible; we have lost about $125,000 in value over the past couple of years(although it gained about $200,000 in value the first couple of years). So right now you can get killer deals and when the housing market finally corrects itself you will make it good(you can get a new 2200 sq ft house for around $200-250K right now).
hey bro how is that ahwatukee?...whats it like there?...is it aneighborhood of phoenix ?how close to scottsdale...and downtown phoenix?..thanks

I love living in AZ. You are so close to everything including places like San Diego and Las Vegas. The valley offers something for everyone and as someone mentioned earlier, smokin deals on homes right now. Even rental rates for homes and apartments have taken a nose dive.

Gilbert is quiet and has very nice "out of the city" feel to it. There are tons of parks and places to relax along with a very nice shopping mall with tons of stuff to do within a short drive from most parts of Gilbert. There are great gyms out here and the bodybuilding and fitness community is going strong. Its a great place to live. Its just that simple!

yeah bro it seems great ive been there before and loved it...also i love that desert weather the dry heat i cant stand the humidity by me...and i love the mountains and being able to drive to places like vegas and la..instead of wisconsin and michigan

hey bro how is that ahwatukee?...whats it like there?...is it aneighborhood of phoenix ?how close to scottsdale...and downtown phoenix?..thanks

Ahwatukee is nice, just a bit farther (5-10 min) south and east on the south side of "south mountain" where a lot of sports players live. If your looking to spend 1mil I say def. go scottsdale. 85255 is a nice younger family area affluent area, not to many old yenta`s. or 85260 mcdowell mountain is real nice to. Take a look

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Ahwatukee is nice, just a bit farther (5-10 min) south and east on the south side of "south mountain" where a lot of sports players live. If your looking to spend 1mil I say def. go scottsdale. 85255 is a nice younger family area affluent area, not to many old yenta`s. or 85260 mcdowell mountain is real nice to. Take a look

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

great thanks alote bro....thanks for the zips that helps alote...since scottsdale is so big its nice to know where to look

I am born and raised in scottsdale, but moved to oc, ca about 3 yrs ago and hate it... I even live on the sand in huntington, but I'm actually moving back to scottsdale this weekend... I cant say enough great things about scottsdale and the people there, not to mention the women are phenomenal... Powerhouse gym on Hayden & Thomas is the best gym in scottsdale for putting work in, but if you wanna go 'sight seein', hit the treadmill at LA Fitness on Scottsdale rd... Also, the nightlife in scottdale is better than or equal to la imo... Hit me up if you have any questions about the area

I am born and raised in scottsdale, but moved to oc, ca about 3 yrs ago and hate it... I even live on the sand in huntington, but I'm actually moving back to scottsdale this weekend... I cant say enough great things about scottsdale and the people there, not to mention the women are phenomenal... Powerhouse gym on Hayden & Thomas is the best gym in scottsdale for putting work in, but if you wanna go 'sight seein', hit the treadmill at LA Fitness on Scottsdale rd... Also, the nightlife in scottdale is better than or equal to la imo... Hit me up if you have any questions about the area

that la fitness at scottsdale and mcdowell has all the ASU hotties and strippers from the area :)

How old is your daughter? Is she cute??? J/K Seriously bro, if I were a parent the two last places in the Phoenix Metro Area I'd want my daughter in the public school system is Ahwatukee or Scottsdale. All the kids are a bunch of spoiled brats w/ some false sense of entitlement. For example, some Scottsdale kid made the news a few years back for having his whole 10th grade class sign a petition saying that they'd rather walk to school than drive the brand new Mits Lancer his parent's just bought him. Ahwatukee has a problem with kids being out after curfew because their parents are too busy working their asses off to pay for their overextended mortgages, nannys, and luxury SUV payments. As a family man Gilbert, Mesa, or Queen Creek would be a better choice for raising kids IMNSHO-as their is a strong traditional value sentiment in the community due to the high population of Mormons. I'm not a Mormon, nor do I agree with their cult like-ways. However, I'd much rather my kids be surrounded by mormons than the asshole richy juvenile delinquent/wannabe gangstas in the trendy spots like Snobsdale or Allwhitetukee.

I'd also like to add that it might not be wise to base your choices on the gym you'd like to train at because many of them are on the verge of BK. Mesa Gold's just closed a month or two ago and rumor is that Gilbert and Ahweatukee Gold's are next. Powerhouse on Scottsdale/Thomas already had the landlord lock the doors for non payment of rent about 4 months ago around the same time their Gilbert Location shut down for good for the same reason. Coyotes Athletic Centers in Chandler and Gilbert both closed a few months back w/o notice to employees or members. A-holes moved out in the middle of the night after selling PIF training packages/memberships up til the day that they closed.

A place I'd stay away from is Maricopa(about 15 mins from Ahwatukee)-aka Methicopa due to the huge volume of real estate boom spawned Cali transplants that turned a newly built area into white trash Speed Mecca. They're building a methane gas plant where they use cow shit to make natural gas making the whole area smell like sour shit. You also want to avoid pretty much anything on the West Side of town unless you wanna live out in the sticks in some newly built community like Estrella Park. BTW-I used to live in IL as well. I moved to AZ in 90 and never looked back. No regrets!!!

How old is your daughter? Is she cute??? J/K Seriously bro, if I were a parent the two last places in the Phoenix Metro Area I'd want my daughter in the public school system is Ahwatukee or Scottsdale. All the kids are a bunch of spoiled brats w/ some false sense of entitlement. For example, some Scottsdale kid made the news a few years back for having his whole 10th grade class sign a petition saying that they'd rather walk to school than drive the brand new Mits Lancer his parent's just bought him. Ahwatukee has a problem with kids being out after curfew because their parents are too busy working their asses off to pay for their overextended mortgages, nannys, and luxury SUV payments. As a family man Gilbert, Mesa, or Queen Creek would be a better choice for raising kids IMNSHO-as their is a strong traditional value sentiment in the community due to the high population of Mormons. I'm not a Mormon, nor do I agree with their cult like-ways. However, I'd much rather my kids be surrounded by mormons than the asshole richy juvenile delinquent/wannabe gangstas in the trendy spots like Snobsdale or Allwhitetukee.

I'd also like to add that it might not be wise to base your choices on the gym you'd like to train at because many of them are on the verge of BK. Mesa Gold's just closed a month or two ago and rumor is that Gilbert and Ahweatukee Gold's are next. Powerhouse on Scottsdale/Thomas already had the landlord lock the doors for non payment of rent about 4 months ago around the same time their Gilbert Location shut down for good for the same reason. Coyotes Athletic Centers in Chandler and Gilbert both closed a few months back w/o notice to employees or members. A-holes moved out in the middle of the night after selling PIF training packages/memberships up til the day that they closed.

A place I'd stay away from is Maricopa(about 15 mins from Ahwatukee)-aka Methicopa due to the huge volume of real estate boom spawned Cali transplants that turned a newly built area into white trash Speed Mecca. They're building a methane gas plant where they use cow shit to make natural gas making the whole area smell like sour shit. You also want to avoid pretty much anything on the West Side of town unless you wanna live out in the sticks in some newly built community like Estrella Park. BTW-I used to live in IL as well. I moved to AZ in 90 and never looked back. No regrets!!!

hey bro thanks alote for all the info...where did you live in illinois?..im about 20 mins west of chicago..like 290 and lake...i love the area where we live here...so id like to move to a similar type of town

You got that right my man!!!!! I could not keep my mind out of the gutter when training at that place,had to switch over to powerhouse!!

that la fitness at scottsdale and mcdowell has all the ASU hotties and strippers from the area :)

word of advise... watch your speed around the valley (photo radar mecca) and whatever you do, do not even think about driving even after 3 drinks... You will get a dui, and az just became the most stringent state in terms of dui punishment...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws