YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Partial Pec Tear - AT THE STERNUM! experience?

Stewie Griffon

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
the pec is triangular shaped with several inches of attachment vertically along the sternum and the rest at the small attachment to the humerus (upper arm bone - where most all pec tears occur)

i have a partial tear of my right pec at my sternum. from the front it appears in the middle of my pec vertically at the sternum. looks like a groove in the middle of my chest.

i had posted about this a while back, i was seeing a chiropractor who told me WITHOUT A DOUBT it was not a tear but some nerve impingement. IDIOT, i should have known better than to go to a chiropractor!!!!

so this tear causes no pain, in fact i dont remember when it occurred, there was no pain or black and blue mark. has anyone had a partial tear at the sternum? i searched endlessly online but since most tears are at the humerus, i found minimal information on my condition. i understand that surgery is the only fix, i would just like to learn more about it from people who had this happen. is there a time factor? all the time WASTED with that fool chiropractor could have been my recovery from surgery time

Last edited:
Markus Ruhl and Scott Steiner come to mind as the only two people that I can remember tearing their pecs at the sternum.

Out of curiousity

Stewie, what movement were you doing that caused it? Or is it an injury that worsened over time from a wide array of exercises?

Stewie, what movement were you doing that caused it? Or is it an injury that worsened over time from a wide array of exercises?

bro i would love to tell you cause you are very knowledgeable, but i seriously have no clue. i cant remember the event occurring. i took some time off from training (about 6 months) a while back (year and 1/2 ago). when i started training again i noticed a significant loss of strength on my right side, and no matter how hard i trained everything seem to improve except that. rapidly all my strengths returned to normal and gained except my chest. because i dont recall an injury to it at all, i figured it was age and/or partial nerve impingement so i figured massage therapy. my massage therapist works at a chiropractors so i started to see him about it. he said exactly 'there is no way you have a tear' repeatedly - but i do. x-rays with a LEGIT doctor showed it clearly.

well shoot

Yeah you got me curious. There is so much controversy right now on this site about flat bench vs. incline vs. decline. Three different opinions and all have 200% certainty their way is the correct way... It is frustrating :)

As for you...well...that just sounds painful :eek:

Yeah you got me curious. There is so much controversy right now on this site about flat bench vs. incline vs. decline. Three different opinions and all have 200% certainty their way is the correct way... It is frustrating :)

As for you...well...that just sounds painful :eek:

weird part is, i have absolutely no pain from it

I have the same problem.. Torn mine opening up a bottle of wine..summer is coming so I dont want surgery now.. I will wait till fall...

Same here... Daryl Gee - Middleweight winner at Nationals or USAs (I forget) has same tear - although he earned a pro card so it's still possible to succeed with it.

I also don't remember damaging anything. It has been years though and I'd like to know if a repair is possible. My lifts are strong and symmetry is there but the bottom portion of the pec seems to be making up for the inner sternal tear.

Any thoughts?

I too have a partial pec tear at the sternum!

I too have a partial tear on the right pectoral at the sternum. The symptoms were similar to some of you: No pain, significant loss of strength in the pec, and also with arm movements. The doctors said that I have a combination of several things. 1) The sternum tear [nothing can really be done for it]; 2) An impinged nerve [They are working on it. The next set of MRIs will show how/what they can do]. 3) Partial tear of tendons in the shoulder under the right pec muscle [they may be able to fix this].

Guys, I was doing back exercises when this happened! A day later, I felt some pain in the tricep and upper shoulder muscles. This indication of pain was how they were able to better diagnose my problem. But, the partial sternum tear, there seems to be no solution. I doctors told me that I did nothing wrong, and to continue to workout, particularly if I want to regain my strength and improve the appearance.

The decision on what will be done in surgery will be finalised in a couple os weeks. I'll keep ya posted! Cheer!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131