over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peak week (carb loading/water/sodium)

FranJ

Registered
Contest is on SATURDAY, so this is my plan:

- Sunday - 7 litres water, high sodium, legs training. CARBS pre/post workout 200g.

- Monday - 7 litres water, high sodium, chest/triceps not too heavy (supersets). CARBS pre/post workout 150g.

- Tuesday - 7 litres water, high sodium, back/biceps not too heavy (supersets). CARBS pre/post 100g.

- Wednesday - 5 litres water, cut sodium at 10PM (last meal of the day), shoulders/traps not too heavy (supersets). CARBS pre/post 50g.

- Thursday - 2.5 litres water, no sodium, upper body depletion workout 15-20 reps 2 exercises per muscle. CARBS ONLY pre 25g. 1/2 aldactazide AM + 1/2 aldactazide at night.

- Friday - sip water (around 1 litre), no sodium. NO training, START carb loading, 50g CARBS per meal (5 meals). A lot of POSING. 1/4 aldactazide AM + 1/4 Aldactazide (15.00PM) + 1/4 aldactazide 22.00PM) watch condition, if you are ripped enough do not add more aldactazide.

- Saturday -
no water, reintroduce sodium 3h before predjuding. Keep carb loading (French fries + Eggs in the AM for example). NO DIURETIC.

Would you incorporate potassium when cutting sodium? aldactazide is potassium-sparing so I guess it would not be a wise idea since veggies/meals contain potassium.

That seems like a lot of work, effort, and finagling. I mean so many guys now like meadows, dugdale, top amateurs and pro's are into such a simplistic approach and look better.

I got my peak week protocol from my "guru" that is helping me (I didn't pay him I'm just good friends with a well known one). Here is the email he sent me:

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING WITH SODIUM

Sunday through Thursday: Stay fucking shredded. Keep on your diet, keep pushing. Keep it at 120 grams carbs. STAY SHREDDED. Drink water like you have been (I drink an assload like 2 gallons a day)

Friday: Keep drinking like normal until 8pm. then no water
chicken and basmati rice/oats about ever 2-3 hours through night with asparagus and sea salt.

Saturday: 8 ounces black coffee. 6 ounces beef with oats. Then small meals of fish and rice throughout day. with 3 ounces of water per meal. 10 ounces with meal after prejudging.

Worked great for me. But I was diced. It's simplistic and if your shredded something along those lines works.

Just fyi I take 10mgs hctz for my blood pressure year round so I don't mess with any other diuretic manipulation.

I guess my question is...are you shredded? If so...is all that manipulation and thought necessary? Maybe? Just proposing some thought.

You know when you ask to have a plan reviewed you might get alot of opinions. So, I will share just two of my concerns:

Water: You are starting the week with 7L or just under 2 gallon. By Wed you have cut water to 5L or 1.25 gal. By Thursday you are down to 2.5L or 82oz.
At this point you have done your water deplete almost 48 hours before you hit the stage. Plus you want to use a DIURETIC. My concern you are going to lose all your fullness and hardness.

My suggestion is keep that water at your 7L to Friday at 5pm. Then do what you want to do.

My 2nd concern was this statement on Friday "A lot of POSING.". This day you should be chill as possible. If you do alot of posing you will just be squeezing all the carb load out of your muscles.

These were just my first main concerns.

If you are down to 3% BF you can just about get away with anything. If not drying out to soon can really hurt your look.

All the best with your comp,
KD

Contest is on SATURDAY, so this is my plan:

- Sunday - 7 litres water, high sodium, legs training. CARBS pre/post workout 200g.

- Monday - 7 litres water, high sodium, chest/triceps not too heavy (supersets). CARBS pre/post workout 150g.

- Tuesday - 7 litres water, high sodium, back/biceps not too heavy (supersets). CARBS pre/post 100g.

- Wednesday - 5 litres water, cut sodium at 10PM (last meal of the day), shoulders/traps not too heavy (supersets). CARBS pre/post 50g.

- Thursday - 2.5 litres water, no sodium, upper body depletion workout 15-20 reps 2 exercises per muscle. CARBS ONLY pre 25g. 1/2 aldactazide AM + 1/2 aldactazide at night.

- Friday - sip water (around 1 litre), no sodium. NO training, START carb loading, 50g CARBS per meal (5 meals). A lot of POSING. 1/4 aldactazide AM + 1/4 Aldactazide (15.00PM) + 1/4 aldactazide 22.00PM) watch condition, if you are ripped enough do not add more aldactazide.

- Saturday -
no water, reintroduce sodium 3h before predjuding. Keep carb loading (French fries + Eggs in the AM for example). NO DIURETIC.

Would you incorporate potassium when cutting sodium? aldactazide is potassium-sparing so I guess it would not be a wise idea since veggies/meals contain potassium.

You know when you ask to have a plan reviewed you might get alot of opinions. So, I will share just two of my concerns:

Water: You are starting the week with 7L or just under 2 gallon. By Wed you have cut water to 5L or 1.25 gal. By Thursday you are down to 2.5L or 82oz.
At this point you have done your water deplete almost 48 hours before you hit the stage. Plus you want to use a DIURETIC. My concern you are going to lose all your fullness and hardness.

My suggestion is keep that water at your 7L to Friday at 5pm. Then do what you want to do.

My 2nd concern was this statement on Friday "A lot of POSING.". This day you should be chill as possible. If you do alot of posing you will just be squeezing all the carb load out of your muscles.

These were just my first main concerns.

If you are down to 3% BF you can just about get away with anything. If not drying out to soon can really hurt your look.

All the best with your comp,
KD

Thanks for answering mate,

What about:

Sunday-Wed 7 litres
Thursday - 4 litres
Friday 2 - litres, no water after 4 PM

Cutting sodium wednesday night until saturday AM (contest day).

Drinking 7litres for a week is not very confortable, plus I feel bloated if I drink too much during carb up.

Last edited:
That seems like a lot of work, effort, and finagling. I mean so many guys now like meadows, dugdale, top amateurs and pro's are into such a simplistic approach and look better.

I got my peak week protocol from my "guru" that is helping me (I didn't pay him I'm just good friends with a well known one). Here is the email he sent me:

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING WITH SODIUM

Sunday through Thursday: Stay fucking shredded. Keep on your diet, keep pushing. Keep it at 120 grams carbs. STAY SHREDDED. Drink water like you have been (I drink an assload like 2 gallons a day)

Friday: Keep drinking like normal until 8pm. then no water
chicken and basmati rice/oats about ever 2-3 hours through night with asparagus and sea salt.

Saturday: 8 ounces black coffee. 6 ounces beef with oats. Then small meals of fish and rice throughout day. with 3 ounces of water per meal. 10 ounces with meal after prejudging.

Worked great for me. But I was diced. It's simplistic and if your shredded something along those lines works.

Just fyi I take 10mgs hctz for my blood pressure year round so I don't mess with any other diuretic manipulation.

I guess my question is...are you shredded? If so...is all that manipulation and thought necessary? Maybe? Just proposing some thought.

Very interesting. I'll be shredded enough by then. What's the point of using sea salt after 8PM on friday if you kept sodium during all prep?

I find useful to cut sodium on wed/thursday and reintroduce it on saturday to make muscles hard.

Another option could be:

Sodium in all foods whole diet, even last week, not cutting it, but not overdoing it.

Sunday to Friday afternoon keep 7 litres water.

1 hour before cutting water on friday (17:00-18:00 PM) take 1/2 Aldactazide.

1/2 Aldactazide again before bed (00:00).

I haven't tried this... but could be a good protocol to keep fullness if I'm shreddred.

Don't fix it if it isn't broke

You are at the point where everything can go upside down on you fast.
I have contest prepped many clients.
The problem is none of us here are there in person to take an objective look at you! Therefore we can't help call it for ya.
I suggest taking photos and use mirrors and take a good objective look at your self.
If your diet is right you may be ready now. Don't fix it if it isn't broke!
Sodium Loads and Water Loads take a lot of experience, when I say this I mean knowing your body and how long it takes to react. Everyone is different.
I don't recommend either one of them let alone both together! You have no control.
I do think a diuretic may help if you need it. Don't over do it, if you use to much and don't drink water with them they flatten you out and cause severe cramping problems. The idea is to get rid of water just under the skin.
40mg of say Lasix 2hours before prejudging. IF YOU NEED IT.
Good Luck

Last edited:
Another option could be:

Sodium in all foods whole diet, even last week, not cutting it, but not overdoing it.

Sunday to Friday afternoon keep 7 litres water.

1 hour before cutting water on friday (17:00-18:00 PM) take 1/2 Aldactazide.

1/2 Aldactazide again before bed (00:00).

I haven't tried this... but could be a good protocol to keep fullness if I'm shreddred.

You need to do a trial run with your plan prior to the contest week and see how it works. Aldactizide one day out won't give you what you want (3 day minimum) like dyazide would 12 hrs prior to stepping on stage.

You need to do a trial run with your plan prior to the contest week and see how it works. Aldactizide one day out won't give you what you want (3 day minimum) like dyazide would 12 hrs prior to stepping on stage.

Hmmm, Aldactazide contains Spironolactone and Altizide (25/25mg), Altizide is a thiazide diuretic, it should peak 1 hour after ingestion, so I should be alright.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing 1/2 Aldactazide in the AM (friday) and then again before bed.

After talking with some forum members, my plan is this:

- Sunday - 7 litres water, high sodium (add to all meals)

- Monday - 7 litres water, high sodium (add to all meals)

- Tuesday - 7 litres water, high sodium (add to all meals)

- Wednesday - 7 litres water, high sodium (add to all meals)

- Thursday - 7 litres water, high sodium (add to all meals)

- Friday - START CARB LOAD, 7 litres water, NO sodium, take 1/2 Aldactazide 9:00 AM.

Keep using 1/2 Aldactazide every 6-8h, so another 1/2 or 1/4 at 15:00PM, and another one before bed if not ripped.

- Saturday - no water (sip as needed), REINTRODUCE SODIUM with first meal (CARBS/protein/FATS) i.e french fries with eggs.

I think 1/2 dyazide Friday night is plenty.. Watched a buddy of mine do this and win a major show and he was SICK shredded weighing about 235 at 5'10... May not sound huge but at his level of condition it was freaking nuts.. A good buddy of his (Tongan guy from late 90's) won his pro card doing exact same thing... If you are shredded VERY little else is needed and if you aren't in shape screwing with that delicate balance can make you look horrible

Hmmm, Aldactazide contains Spironolactone and Altizide (25/25mg), Altizide is a thiazide diuretic, it should peak 1 hour after ingestion, so I should be alright.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing 1/2 Aldactazide in the AM (friday) and then again before bed.

WOOPS I WAS THINKING ALDACTONE....

WOOPS I WAS THINKING ALDACTONE....

I misread too. OP - if you are "fat-free" - then a half azide morning and night should be right on.. Then you coast into Saturday - eat breakfast and go pick up your trophy!!
Good luck man - props for doing your homework but don't over think it.. Get lean a few weeks out and do a couple practice runs!!!

I think 1/2 dyazide Friday night is plenty.. Watched a buddy of mine do this and win a major show and he was SICK shredded weighing about 235 at 5'10... May not sound huge but at his level of condition it was freaking nuts.. A good buddy of his (Tongan guy from late 90's) won his pro card doing exact same thing... If you are shredded VERY little else is needed and if you aren't in shape screwing with that delicate balance can make you look horrible

235lbs at 5'10" is big if he is in great shape!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws